Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77266 (Black 2)].

on 10/4/2013 3:15:00 PM

For years and years I put up with the smudging and running of drugstore eyeliner because I thought it was just my eyes causing the problem. I have allergies and my eyes tend to water throughout the day, most of the time I don't even notice because it has been a lifetime problem. I was recently given a gift card to Sephora and I had just purchased some new Stilla eyeshadows. I wanted a liner that would really make them "pop." I headed over to Urban Decay and browsed their 24/7 eyeliners. I instantly fell in love with the feel of them. I paid around $20.00 for the color I got, but I can tell you that it is well worth the price. Here is why:
Glide
The eyeliner glides smoothly and evenly, giving you ultimate control for perfect definition.Most pencils don't give you this. Definition was almost that of a liquid, but without the mess.

Wearability
This stuff goes on easily. It takes around 30 seconds for it to set and dry. After that you are golden, I wiped my eye (without thinking of course) and this stuff didn't smudge.

The only thing I would change is the packaging.

Other than that, FANTASTIC. Definitely an HG product for me.

on 10/3/2013 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I am an eyeliner junkie that is always looking for the blackest black to line my waterline with. My wedding makeup artist recommended this particular one to me so even though the price was a bit steep for an eye pencil, I splurged anyway.

The color payoff is great. It is super pigmented and feels almost like a gel and gives me a really gorgeous dark color. Just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, it also has a lot of drawbacks. 1) It irritated my eyes when I wore it on my waterline. Dried them out while I was wearing contacts and just left them red and itchy. 2) The pencil is so much like a gel that handling it in pencil form takes quite a bit of practice. The steadiest of hands will have trouble drawing a straight line. 3) Needs a lot of sharpening which means I run through this pretty quickly. And since the price is not exactly low, I find myself not really reaching for this a lot.

Frankly, a lot of drugstore brands are just as good if not better for about half the price.

although it does get super smudgey, I love the look for a night out. Not appropriate for day or office wear, because it does get so smudgey

on 9/24/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A few hours wearing this and I had misty black shadows around my eyes and a trail of smudge from here to there. I absolutely love UD's liners but this fails to stay put even with a primer. Within minutes it migrates beneath my eyes and into the waterline and just looks sloppy. There's some fallout too, which if I don't spot it right away will sort of melt into my skin and become difficult to remove without making a huge mess.

The color is amazing though. It's rich and deeply pigmented. Compared to my other black liners it looks much darker and more of a true carbon black, no grey or muddy tones. Feels soft and creamy and glides on silkily. My favorite part of the UD liners is the texture and this is no exception. I have a couple of this particular color because it's been included in a few of the UD liner sets but I never use it. So disappointing.

on 9/23/2013 9:10:00 PM

I was so disappointed with this liner! As we all know, Urban Decay produces some awesome, quality stuff but as inky black as this liner may be, it was taken back for a refund. The color is a beautiful, pitch black that glides on like a dream, except in smudged almost immediately. Not even primer potion or setting it with shadow prevented raccoon eyes.

Total bummer, I really wanted to loves this liner.

on 9/17/2013 4:04:00 PM

I wanted to love it, because of the color and the application - it looks beautiful.
However, the bottom line is I need the makeup to last the whole day and not worry about raccoon eyes or look like I have dark eye circles in which case this eyeliner fails. :(

on 9/15/2013 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So disappointed that this got 3.5 stars! I expected at least a 4-4.5 stars! Anyway, all I have to say that it's the perfect eyeliner! I use this eyeliner for everything! Super black and creamy and it really does last all day and I have super oily eyelids (but I also use udpp). I wish it was retractable and it's a bit pricey but so worth it :) Stays put in the waterline, awesome smudgy eyeliner for smokey eyes, and I have created a bold cat eye liner with this many times and get loads of compliments! I even had to write down for some people what eyeliner I used and where to purchase! Lol

on 9/12/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Best black eyeliner I've ever used, I was looking for something that was really dark and this is just perfect ! Lasts all day even on the waterline and it stays soft for a few seconds after applying so I can be smudged fairly easily, it's also really soft which I like, would definitely repurchase when this is finished

on 9/6/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Best black eyeliner pencil on the market, hands down. A common theme runs through the negative reviews here for this product, and many of them reek of the user's inability to apply a soft pencil liner satisfactorily (which is really a shame to mark this product down for that). While it is true that the pencils in this line are expensive, and because they are softer than most you will have to sharpen more often, I find that the pros outweigh these cons and make these the only eyeliners in pencil form that I use. Note also that you need to let the pencil set for several seconds after applying. Then once it's set, it's set.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to admit, I think it's unfair that Perversion has an overall score of only 3.4 - It is a fantastic creamy, pigmented black eyeliner - arguably the blackest eyeliner on the market at the moment, and it really stays well, doesn't smudge, and glides onto the waterline easily. For these qualities alone, it deserves at least a 4-4.5. It is the better, greater sister of Urban Decay's Zero, which isn't nearly as black as this. My only issue with this eyeliner is because it is so creamy, it needs sharpening often (after pretty much every use) and thus will run out fast. Due to its texture it doesn't keep a point for long, but if you sharpen the pencil each time you use it, this shouldn't be an issue. However, it is still easy to use. My eyeliner phobic mother finds it really quick and easy to use this for a mid-thick line, but it you want to achieve a thin precise line, or a more sophisticated line such as the cat eye, it can be difficult. It seems like when it comes to pencil eyeliner, you need to sacrifice a creamy, smooth consistency, for a sharper point. You can't have it both ways. Also, I received mine in the Ocho Loco gift set, so it was better value for money compared to it's individual price tag of £14, which I think is quite expensive. Overall, I WOULD recommend this eyeliner if you're after a very pigmented black liner, the consistency really is heavenly but is bothersome if you want to use it to achieve a certain look. I use mine now mainly on my upper waterline, to close the gap between eyeliner and lashes, and for this purpose it is absolutely fabulous, Be mindful that it will run out quickly. I would also recommend other colours in the 24/7 Glide on eyeliner series, they are fantastic and vibrant, and the texture is as good as Perversion.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to do inspiration Hello Kitty Makeup: Fun & Great for Halloween! by beautybysantaana

The best pencil EVER! SUPER BLACK Perversion Pencil by Urban Decay! by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products