December 18, 2014 | 1657 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jennieafero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. Silky smooth. Dosn't leave me feeling caked in product and dosn't tend to dry out my already parched skin. I use the medum shade every day over a variety of foundations/shades, works well with everything. Essental part of my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good powder... Everything that everyone has said, feels smooth looks beautiful on skin, wears for 2+ hrs, color matches perfectly, easy compact. what else do you need in a powder?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You can't beat M.A.C. when it comes to makeup. The quality is superior to other brand cosmetics. This powder was suggested by a talented M.A.C. makeup artist a few months ago. I told her my skin was dry and powders only made it feel drier. She told me the Studio Careblend powder had oils in it that worked with dry skin. On first application, she made me a believer. It gives your skin a flawless, truly beautiful glow - no chalky, ashy, powder feel like with most powders. I bought this in Medium and it is a perfect color match. I apply this over my sunscreen and it doesn't change the color. Good job, MAC!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Breaks me out. First ingredient is Talc (Cheap pore clogging crap), has no coverage, and no oil control. Just average. And I thought it looked powdery until it set with my own face oil. Waste of money in my case.

9 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

This is a great powder. I use it every single day, either to set my studio tech foundation, or just to use on my face when I am lazy! On days I use it to set my foundation, I use a stippling brush to apply and on days I use it alone, I just use the little applicator it comes with. It definately helps control any shine I may get on my face and it doesn't leave my face feeling heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ThatOneGirl1021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. In the nearly 15 years I've been wearing MAC cosmetics, this is the first powder that does the MAC artist say it will do.

I am PRONE to acne, shiny T-zone and SCARING. Since I started using this product in June( 2011), my face has been so much better -- no HUGE break outs ( which means no new scares) and real shine control. I use the shine control lotion, but this powder helps reinforce the no shine action.

The coverage is light but can be built up ( with concealers, foundations). I often only use concealer underneath.

The only downside to this product is the small quantity in the compact. If this was in a loose powder, I would buy only this product because it is THAT good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by kelliea31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone with extremely oily skin with areas of dry skin, this powder is perfect for me. It is very light and sheer (but buildable) and therefore doesn't look cakey. It kept me looking matte for at least 3 hours before I started to look a bit shiny again. And it didn't emphasise dry areas which is normally my pet peeve with powders. Would definitely recommend to those with combination skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by smoozie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was a little concerned about this powder at first because I am acne prone and I was scared that it would break me out. I usually use the Mineralize Skinfinish powder in light plus and I've been pretty happy with it so far. I decided to buy the Careblend because the SA told me that it has more oil control than the Mineralize so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been using the Careblend in "Light" for about a week now and it's been working really well for me and no breakouts!! I notice that my skin looks flawless (I apply it over my concealer with a large powder brush) and matte (I find that it controls oil much better than the mineralize). I would say that the coverage is sheer and can be built up to medium (at the very most) depending on how you apply it. My skin looks soft, smooth, and hydrated and I'm really happy with it so far! I will edit this post if I find that it breaks me out...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by egirl26

So far, this has been my favorite pressed powder to wear on top of my foundations. Its very sheer and doesn't mattify as much as i'd like, but its ok b/c my pro longwear is very drying. I like this and the blot powder as my setting powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased medium plus, was matched by a mua. I usually always break out from Mac face products (foundations), but surprisingly this powder did not. I love the way it sets my foundation, it looks so NATURAL! It adds some color as well, which I loved. It didn't feel heavy at all. It felt feather light once applied, so smooth! Only downside I would say is how little product it contains. It will go by quick, sadly.