Milani The Multitasker Face Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Lyral), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Eugenol.+/-May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/20/2013 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I would give this a 3.5 if I could- it's really not as bad as a 3, but a 4 would be giving it too much credit! I am very pale with freckles, very sensitive combination skin, and was looking for a pressed powder that was light enough for my skin, mattifying but not too much, and just overall covers up imperfections slightly...maybe a slightly less matte version of Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. What I got was a very basic powder- good, but not great. I like this powder but I don't love it, because it just doesn't wow me.

Overall Pros:
-good shine control
-a natural, not over-mattified look
-shade matches skin tone
Overall Cons:
-only lasts about 3ish hours, have to reapply more often than I'd like
-packaging sucks! a few weeks after use the clear top in the middle popped right off, now I have to put it in a plastic bag to store it!
-sometimes it sort of dulls out my skin- like i said before, it just doesn't wow me or make enough of a difference to buy again

If you have less oily skin than me and need less shine control, are looking for a pressed powder for winter, and just need a basic powder that doesn't do anything special then I would definitely recommend this powder. I think it runs about $7-8 at CVS but I bought it on ebay (because the shade "light" is very hard to find in the store) for only $4, which is pretty good!

If you have combination skin that is slightly more on the oily side, want really good staying power, or are looking for a powder for the summer, I would probably not get this powder. If I can't find a better powder (I'm thinking of trying Maybelline's Matte Powder) then I suppose I will settle for this one and repurchase, as long as I can find it for a cheap price.

But in my opinion, a powder I'd settle for doesn't deserve a 4/5, which is why I gave it a 3/5- an average, basic powder for those who only need a simple look.

on 1/4/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

What a wonderful press powder, for a little over $6, smooth application with a matte finish, yet not overdrying for my dry skin. I used it over a little layer of liquid fdn.
It doesn't have much coverage,using it alone as a powder fdn. is not an option for me.
The shades Medium and Light Tan basically have the same intensity, except medium is more of a pink base while Light Tan is up my alley, a yellow based.
the first ingredient is Talc, which doesn't bother me, this also has apricot kernal oil, slight fragrance.

on 12/30/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Pros

- matte finish
- shade selection

Cons

- packaging
- no oil control

Comments: I use "medium tan" as it serves as a great bronzer for me. It's completely matte and looks natural. As a setting powder, I use the shade "medium". It's very sheer and doesn't control oil, so I don't like using it for setting. I will continue to use the darker shade for contouring, though.

Will repurchase.

on 12/7/2012 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I REALLY LOVE this powder, I try not to use powder that often because I am in my late 30's with somewhat dry skin. This stuff is so silky and smooth and feels REALLY nice on my skin and doesn't make my skin look or feel dry or cakey!

on 11/22/2012 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HOLY F GRAIL! I am a NC37-42 depending on season. I'm a NC40 and this powder in Light tan #4 is the perfect match. My face is lighter than my body so I get away with the next shade Tan #5 for full face as well, but I like #4 more for keeping my highlighted areas bright.
They offer 9 different shades with yellow,neutral and pink undertones. I paid 6,99 USD for 10.5 gram and serves as a setter,finisher and blotter. It contain talc which may turn people off, but personally, I don't think talc in this small doze will harm me in any way.
I have normal, sometimes dry skin and live in a humid climate in Thailand. I have fairly nice skin and I hardly never break out (asian).
First of all, I am not really a powder person. I do love experimenting with makeup to see what works for me and I was always wondering what all the hype about powders was. I like using only foundation and have some luminous finish to it - but only in Europe. So here on Koh tao I need something to keep the humidity and oils away from my face. This is where my powder and I get along so damn well. I haven't tried a lot of powders before. Only ELF pressed powder "almond" which I do love as well but is not as long lasting as Milani and doesn't colormatch as close as the Milani. I also tried Maybelline dream matte "Honey" which did absolutely nothing for my skin, no coverage, sheer and I couldn't notice any difference in my face after applying it.
The powder has a yellow/neutral undertone with no orange undertones whatsoever and is amazingly smooth. It's somewhat pigmented but still sheer and lightweight and offer just such a lovely finish which makes me love using it alone with only tiny bit concealer. The best thing about it, is that it NEVER looks cakey (even after touch ups) and it lasts for a good 6-8 hours before I can feel like touching up. Also, most importantly, it doesn't feel heavy and tight on my face. Even if I layer it, it never breaks me out. It still feels like my skin can breathe which I love. I apply it with any fluffy face brush and my face looks so polished and matte and so natural looking! I also use this when I go to Europe and it works amazingly for my skin there as well, when I got drier skin.
It's a bit bulky since it has a under department which is meant for the velvety puff included which works pretty OK and a mirror. Don't love the puff but ok for quick touch ups. I use my puff from Elfs HD powder instead. The packaging doesn't look terribly cheap but feels a bit plasticy. I would love for it to be a bit sleeker.
It is so affordable and I am not even considering trying out any other powders after this discovery. I will do a comparison though - to the other Milani compact foundation in "Honey beige" which I heard is good one as well.(Update: Tried it, now you can read my other review on it, love this for other reasons)
It lasts me forever and I use it almost every single day. My hunt for a HG has come to an end,(and I wasn't even looking or one) which I never thought I would ever say!
I'm in love!

on 11/10/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have pretty oily skin and this powder is great! It keeps me matte for 4 hours after applying it before i have to blot or touch up. (I use primers, oil control foundation and powders, and nothing ever keeps me matte for long, I have come to terms with my super oily skin) I wouldn't call it my HG powder, that I have yet to find, but for the price and coverage that it offers I will definitely repurchase.

I bought the powder in light tan, I'm and NC 42 and it matches perfectly. I use it to set whatever foundation that I reach for that day. I like how I can apply a generous amount of powder and it not cake up on me. I really like how the coverage is build-able as well, I can use it lightly just to set my foundation or I can use more for the days that I don't wear liquid foundation.

There are some things that I don't like, the packaging for one, its a little bulky to carry around in my clutch. also that see through plastic top popped out after a month of having it, not a deal breaker, but kinda annoying. While in general scents don't bother me, the slight baby powder/ floraly scent that the powder has kinda put me off at first, but i eventually got use to it. but for people who are super sensitive to smells this might not be the powder for you.

overall I would totally recommend giving this powder a try, its cheap and gives a beautiful matte finish without caking up.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow I just bought this and I am amazed!!! My face is so oily that all my other makeup would just run off, this stuff stayed and kept my face from getting any more oil, it looked so matte I was very impressed not only because of it's great staying power, but because it's so cheap!!! I have not used it very long, so I can't give it all five lip pies, but definitely impressed just from using it these past few days, I'm definitely going to look into their foundations and other powders!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the product! Hate the packaging! I bought the light-medium shade and use it to set my foundation with a fluffy brush. It works great at keeping my face matte and natural looking with no caking. However, the packaging is bulky and takes up a lot of space in my purse. For this reason, I can't use it for touch-ups and the plastic cover keeps popping out. Ill stick with my dream matte powder for on-the-go. But this powder is really nice for finishing my makeup in the morning, it is of exceptional quality and for this reason, I will repurchase. Hope that milani improves its packaging in the future so that I can give it five lippies.

on 8/22/2012 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Holy grail of powder foundations! I love this stuff. It gives my liquid foundation the staying power needed and doesn't look cakey AT ALL (I'm clearly excited about this fact). I love the way it makes my skin look, completely natural and free of any oil. Midday, I brush a little over my t-zone and it freshens my look instantly.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product while doing some shopping out of town - I was in the Allen/McKinney, TX area (there is little to no Milani selection in my town)
Picked this up at Wal-Mart on a whim - I needed some new powder and was initially going to make an order from MAC.
This powder is great! I love the packaging and the flower design in the powder is cute. The powder has a fresh/clean scent to it which is odd but not noticeable after applied to your face.
I grabbed this in 40 Light Tan which is a perfect match for my light-medium skin with more yellow undertones.
My skin is ridiculously oily all the time but this seems to hold up well throughout the day with maybe a single touch up.
I currently use this over Revlon's Photoready foundation.

Recommended for Normal Skin