September 2, 2014 | 1147 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Love the product! Hate the packaging! I bought the light-medium shade and use it to set my foundation with a fluffy brush. It works great at keeping my face matte and natural looking with no caking. However, the packaging is bulky and takes up a lot of space in my purse. For this reason, I can't use it for touch-ups and the plastic cover keeps popping out. Ill stick with my dream matte powder for on-the-go. But this powder is really nice for finishing my makeup in the morning, it is of exceptional quality and for this reason, I will repurchase. Hope that milani improves its packaging in the future so that I can give it five lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy grail of powder foundations! I love this stuff. It gives my liquid foundation the staying power needed and doesn't look cakey AT ALL (I'm clearly excited about this fact). I love the way it makes my skin look, completely natural and free of any oil. Midday, I brush a little over my t-zone and it freshens my look instantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product while doing some shopping out of town - I was in the Allen/McKinney, TX area (there is little to no Milani selection in my town)
Picked this up at Wal-Mart on a whim - I needed some new powder and was initially going to make an order from MAC.
This powder is great! I love the packaging and the flower design in the powder is cute. The powder has a fresh/clean scent to it which is odd but not noticeable after applied to your face.
I grabbed this in 40 Light Tan which is a perfect match for my light-medium skin with more yellow undertones.
My skin is ridiculously oily all the time but this seems to hold up well throughout the day with maybe a single touch up.
I currently use this over Revlon's Photoready foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW glad I picked up this item. Light tan matched me real well ( I am a Golden Medium in Bareminerals). It really is a great setting/finishing/blotting powder. I wanted to see if this would work as a powder foundation, so I moisturized and primed my face, applied this stuff with my ELF Kabuki, and LOVED the results. It provides light coverage which is great for days when I need to run errands or don't have big plans. Because it is a powder I don't think it has great staying power as liquid foundation would but I used it most to finish my foundation with or use it as a touch up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HOLY GRAIL of all powders, Not only does it blow MAC's blotting powder out of the water, but it also provides me with the extra coverage on blemishes I may need. The powder is very satin like, and always goes on smoothly, it never ever looks cakey. Another favorite thing about this powder is that it IS definitely multitasking! a few hours or so into my day my t zone gets a bit oily, and a little bit of this powder completely sucks up any extra oil and mattifies my foundation. I use Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 and my shade is Medium Light (the second lightest one). Not to mention the awesome flowery like etching in the powder, this is the best powder I have used to date. I've gone through 6 of these already!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by NatalieMakeupJunkie

Can you say HG powder! oh yess i love love this powder! it works wonders...im pretty young and have oily skin so after a day of college i expect to look like mcdonalds fries oily but not with this...it has smooth sheer coverage evens out and almost perfects my foundation.i dont ever blot with powders though just my rice paper...ive hit pan reccently so sad so i will repurchase..oh and it pretty matte i would say this is for more younger oily skinned gals though it seem like no good for dry skin or mature skin..........but yeah LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly really like this powder. It's matte and it lasts up to 5 hours for me on a good day. I love this powder because it has such good pigmentation and it's not cakey at all, because a little goes a long way. I think it's a great setting powder, it covers redness but it doesn't enhance the illusion of acne. I took a lippie off because I'm not much of a fan about the packaging, I think it looks really tacky and bulky. The bottom compartment takes up so much room and the sponge feels so cheap (though I normally don't use applicators often however, it would be nice to have a better sponge for touch ups during the day.) I'd rate this as one of the top drugstore powder because it doesn't settle into any lines, it doesn't make my pores look huge, and it glides on easily. For the finish look I kinda wish it looked more glowy and not just total matte because it does take away any glow I have from my foundation though some people might take that as a good thing. All in all, i'd repurchase definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by MiniCanvas

By far my favorite face powder! This powder leaves a matte finish without cakeyness. You don't need alot of the product for good coverage. Plus, I feel this powder leaves my skin with a nice glow. I've used this product till there was nothing left! (And after trying other face powders, repurchased this because it was so great.) I finish off with a Milani Bronzer and my face looks so great! Awesome combo for the summer :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

After Milani's illuminating powder caught my attention, I thought I'd next try this multitasking powder as well. While Milani's new packaging is very attractive, this powder is not all that special in my opinion. I had hopes that it would be similar to my drugstore HG (for the time being) Physician's Formula "Youthful Wear" . In comparison, the PF is better for my 40+ drier skin since it's creamier and smoother so it doesn't settle on fine lines or get flakey or cakey. The coverage is better with the PF and I also happen to enjoy the soft violet scent. I think Milani's powder (light-medium) is closer to my coloring than PF shades....however Milani overall is better suited for someone younger, with normal- oily skin and is good quality for the price. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Lxis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is matte and gives light coverage, but you can build it up to medium. I like using this to set liquid foundation better than translucent powders. I find that translucent powders, even matte ones, give me a white cast in flash photos, and this does not. It's great as an everyday powder too. I often wear it alone with just moisturizer underneath. For reference, I'm in NC25-30, and I use the Medium shade.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No