Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor) , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla) , Petrolatum , Beeswax , Ozokerite , Isopropyl Myristate , Hydrogenated Soy Polyglycerides , C-15-23 Alkane , Zinc Stearate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Tocopheryl Acetate , May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) , Mica , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 6/14/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I'm so glad that Wet 'n' Wild reformulated their eye pencils without lanolin and parabens under the Color Icon name. I could never use the older "Kohl" liners because I'm allergic to lanolin.

I just bought 10 of these for $0.49 each at Walgreens. They are reasonably soft, but I find some colors are a little softer than others. I use these both for my eyebrows and for my upper water line because they don't irritate my eyes. I like the variety of colors offered. They don't stay as long as I'd like on my water line but I'm willing to trade staying power for no irritation.

If you are sensitive to lanolin or parabens, make sure that you check that the pencil name says "Color Icon". The Color Icon and Kohl pencils seem to be intermixed in all the Walgreens I've gone to. Of the 10 I bought, two are "Kohl" pencils and lanolin is the first ingredient on the list. I'll have to go back and exchange those.

I have tried eyeliners in almost every brand, EVERY price. my number one problem was either it didn't go one smoothly or the size was too small.

I bought this for Halloween two year back and I was completely amazed, it works better then most very pricey (very small) eyeliners.

It goes on Smoothly.
It's Huge.
If applied correctly doesn't smear.
(use a good eye primer, mac paint is my favourite)
It is Heavenly cheap!

I have tried the black, White and Blue all work great.

(But not all Wet'n'Wild eyeliners are this great: Wet'n'Wild MegaChrome two words: stay away.)

on 5/22/2011 11:21:00 PM

Man I love these! I bought a metallic blue & purple one when I was in Virginia & paid next to nothing for it. I wasn't expecting much at that stage. What I found was these are THE BEST pencils I've ever used! They apply super smooth, easily & the pigmentation is high. Extremely beautiful colours that have good staying power. They don't sell Wet n Wild in Australia which is very sad :-( or else I would buy more!

on 4/29/2011 12:47:00 PM

I agree with everyone's assessment of these eyeliners. I have four colors so far and I do intend to purchase the rest in the future. My local Walgreen's has them for 69 cents. You cannot beat the price for the output. The ones I have were quite creamy and glided on my top line very smoothly and easily. I have all the UD's 24/7 liners and why did I buy these? They are great for gifts for the young ones in our family that are starting to enter the world of makeup and I do intent to use a set for myself, too. I have also used the mink brown on my brow - very nice. Something for less than a dollar and multipurpose, how can you say no?

on 4/14/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Amazing. I just bought 5 of these in different colors and they were 69 cents each. If nothing else, these are a great addition to experiment with and if they don't work you can always swap away or include as extras in your swaps! The application and wear are fantastic. I'll buy every color I find.

on 4/10/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an amazing eyeliner! I have this in amethyst, and while it is a slightly metallic shade of purple, I'd almost consider it neutral because it's so wearable and not a really loud shade of purple. I'd feel comfortable wearing this shade anytime. It's also well-pigmented and is awesome to apply- not too creamy or too hard, but just the right texture. I love this and even for a girl with too many liners, I don't regret getting this at all. For the price, well, you can't beat it.

I've tried many black eyeliners & this one is by far the best! It is only $1 and it lasts all day on me. Its really smooth and super black, plus you get a lot of product since the eyeliner is really long. I like WnW better than MAC & countless other gel/pencil eyeliners. Will buy again for sure

on 3/3/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

These are $1.57 CAD from wal-mart, and they are pretty good for that price. The only thing I dislike baout them is the wood they are made out of - it can give splinters if the pencils are not well sharpened, but that is forgivable in the price range that they are in. Also, it can tug a bit on the upper lid, but for the bottom, this is awesome! I have the taupe coloured one. The staying power is OK (nothing like UD's 24/7 or smashbox's limitless eyeliner), but I check it everyfew hours and reapply just in case and it seems to last all day.

on 2/25/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

As part of Wet 'n' Wild's new 2011 releases, the eyeliner pencils have been updated with the Color Icon wording/logo, have an improved formula and new colors have been added to the existing ones. Now I haven't owned or used their eyeliners in years and years, as I remembered them being dry, somewhat difficult to apply and not very long-lasting. I was at my local Walgreens a few weeks ago when they were having a BOGO on WnW products. The SA that was there that day told me that she had recently purchased a few of these and was quite impressed with them. So upon her recommendation, I bought 6 of them in Dark Brown, Bronzed, Olive (new color), Purple (new color), Amethyst (new color and rumored to be a dupe of UD's 24/7 eyeliner in "Rockstar") and Sky Blue. I must say that these are not the WnW eyeliners I remember from back in the day. The new formula is very creamy and I find that they glide on easily with no tugging on both the upper and lower lashlines. They are pigmented and the colors are pretty and true to their names. I also found the staying power to be, although not the best, fairly decent for a very inexpensive DS liner. They are easy to sharpen with a standard size sharpener and because the pencils are long, they should last quite awhile. I'm pleasantly surprised by these and at $.99 a piece, will continue to keep these in my collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

These are one of my favorite drugstore finds. I have 3 of them (Black, Mink Brown, and Taupe) and I love them all. They apply smoothly (absolutely no tugging) and have good staying power. I actually use Taupe as an eyebrow pencil and it works well for my ash blonde hair. They are $1 each and you can often find them BOGO 50% so they are a total bargain. I am planning to get the rest of the colors when I find them--my CVS is always out!