Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

4.2

water - acrylates copolymer - kaolin - beeswax - silica - butylene glycol - peg-15 glyceryl stearate - alcohol - carnauba wax - hydrogenated rapeseed alcohol - bentonite - tocopherol - jojoba seed oil - dimethicone - simethicone - stearic acid - sucrose distearate - aminomethyl propanediol - aminomethyl propanol - disodium edta - sodium citrate - phenoxyethanol - methylparaben - butylparaben - propylparaben - ethylparaben [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - carmine (ci 75470) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - ultramarines (ci 77007)]

on 11/10/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I originally got this mascara in a gift bag, and I thought it was SO CUTE! Clinique is a genius for coming up with the product, and the formula is flawless! I used to put my regular lash mascara on both lashes, and every time I would come home and see it smudged everywhere under my eyes. The Clinique mascara somehow stays in place forever, so how could I not love it? The tiny brush is the perfect size for your bottom lashes, and I even use it for those hard-to-reach top lashes too. The only thing that wasn't amazing about this mascara was that sometimes the brush gets way too much product on it, but that's not a big deal :). I definitely recommend this!

on 11/7/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I decided to give this product a whirl because of the hype. The packaging is extremely cute and the small wand gives you more control than a regular sized wand. However, I'm not a fan of the product itself.
I have stubby small asian lashes and this really did nothing to help them stand out or lengthen. I get more results with a regular sized mascara.

This tends to flake alot and it really doesn't last long on your eyes. Also, if you go over board applying, you will clump.

on 11/3/2012 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Really nothing special. A regular-sized mascara wand works just as well. Was expecting it to lengthen my bottom lashes at least somewhat, but all it does is make them darker. I still have to apply a coat of regular mascara to my bottom lashes over this stuff for any real definition. I'll use this until I'm out only because of the price, but I won't repurchase.

on 10/18/2012 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

The tiny brush is fantastic, applies to the tiny bottom and inner corner lashes. Easy to be delicate with this brush. It will clump if you put on too many layers, and it does tend to flake, especially if you touch your eyes.

on 9/27/2012 9:19:00 PM

There is barely any product in the bottle so it's in no time that your back at the store buying some more bc you run out so fast. Other than that, it works really well for not smudging, however it does clump sometimes so watch out. It's worth it to buy because noone likes under eye smudges! And I personally LOVE my bottom lashes, I think everyone should wear mascara on their bottom lashes...Then everyone would look sexy like Kim Kardashian lol but I love long black bottom lashes its super sexy

on 9/17/2012 6:57:00 PM

I really wonder if I got a bad batch or something because most people seem to like this product. I definitely do NOT like it. It's such a great idea, but it is so incredibly "gloopy" that I cannot even use it. It leaves little "balls" of mascara on my lashes and they all get stuck together. Then, trying to remove it was really hard and it left flakes all over under my eyes. I use makeup remover pads and it was still very hard to get this mascara off...I had to rub hard, which left my eyes a little sore!

Also, for the price, the tube needs to be much, much, MUCH bigger -- the full size in this product is the is actually about HALF the size of a mascara SAMPLE (yes, sample) that we get in a GWP. It's hard for me to believe that this is a Clinique product!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have looked my entire life for non-smudging mascara. No lie. Something about me - my oily skin, the fact that my eyes are deep set, and my eyelashes are pretty long - blonde, but long, but mascara smudges like mad on me. It got to the point that I just gave up and dyed my eyelashes - you can buy the kits in the UK, Germany, Iceland, basically everywhere but in America. Probably afraid some idiot will mis-use it and sue them.

Anyway! This mascara does NOT smudge. I don't use it on my bottom lashes - honestly, who does that anyway? I use it on my top lashes - barely a touch, and comb it through. Two applications is too much - it looks overdone & clumps a bit (but still, no smudging, no flaking) It's a MIRACLE. Plus, unlike the Japanese mascaras (Fiberwig) that were my last non-smudging choice, it does not dry up in a month. Genius stuff.

Perfect for me, I always have troubles with my bottom lashes and this made the problems go away! I don't want too dramatic of bottom lashes but it would be nice to have them visible, and that is just what it does! Would recommend to everybody, this is a must have.

on 9/3/2012 6:26:00 PM

I have trouble with mascara on my bottom lashes giving me raccoon eyes, so a lady at the Clinique counter told me about this. I love it. I don't have any problems with raccoon eyes, no flaking, and lasts all day.

on 9/3/2012 12:24:00 AM

The concept of this mascara for bottom lashes made me so happy because I'm sure a lot of us has been praying for a product like this! But for me, this smudged and gave me outer bottom corner raccoon eyes! Yes it does flake and it's not very long-lasting. I was disappointed in this. I wish the formula would actually be smudge-proof given that it is for BOTTOM lashes, it would be easier to smudge. I'll probably give it another try since it's been stacked in my makeup drawer forever! The idea is nice but they need to reformulate it to be the one and only bottom lash mascara!