August 20, 2014 | 2033 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by smoze

guess what its just lemon juice for 20 bucks

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Ichthyus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE!!! Broke me out with deep cystic acne & left me with scars. Will never try any Olay products again

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by RedHotPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After reading all the MUA reviews about this product, I WANTED to love it. I am skin-obsessed and am always looking for something new. This was NOT it.
After one use, I had red bumps all over my face. Very unattractive. I thought to myself, maybe this is one of those things where it has to get worse before it can get better. So I kept at it for a few more nights. More red bumps. I had to baby my skin for a week and half to fix it. When it finally all cleared up, I thought, maybe I'll try it one more time, just on my nose, since the skin isn't so sensitive there. Mistake! I woke up to find an angry red mountain range had sprouted up overnight. I'm glad other people have had success with this, but my bottle will be headed for the trash can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to give this a try after I found my skin looking dull, rough and generally blah. After the first night my skin was smoother and looked better, after 1 week my skin is brighter, and smoother, I am happy with the results

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by tmgant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews (thank you, ladies!)

Cons: Hate the ugly red bottle, which was surprisingly brittle: The second time I used it, the bottle fell from the side of the sink into the sink (6 inches?) and the top snapped off. Grrr. Also dislike the shimmery appearance--I do prefer my products straight-up, with no unnecessary additions.

Pros: Works overnight to soften my skin. I have not noticed decreased blotchiness (freckles) or wrinkles, but there is definitely an active ingredient that smoothes my skin (glycolic acid, I guess).

I alternate this with a simple night time moisturizer. (Since I use MUF's lactic acid peel once or twice a week, I don't want to peel all of my skin off!)

Recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by KellyVWeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing product! Never before have I used a product where I noticed a difference in just one night. No irritation from the Elixir whatsoever and it's fragrance-free (although not advertised as such).

After just one night's use my face felt much smoother. I had been happy using Regenerist Fragrance Free Serum which I also love but I read in a magazine how great this product was so I gave it a try. I sometimes use a moisturizer (CeraVe) on top of this even though the directions say to use it by itself. (This is because adding certain active ingredients on top of other active ingredients can make each of them too strong or something like that).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't know why other reviewers give it such a so so review. This product is amazing! It's a gel which i love, dries right up into the skin and in the morning? No wrinkles, smooth skin, rejuvenated, even clears up active zits. I love this product. Packaging is great, price is great. Another Winner from Oil of Olay! What i do also is put this on first, let it absorb and then put the Regenerist Serum on top. In the morning i look 10 years younger! LOVE IT! BUY IT! You won't regret!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by PoseyMadison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

With a name like elixir how could you go wrong? I love this newly added product. I don't use it for wrinkles, but for acne damage. Even though I do not know the percentage of glycolic acid, I feel this is more potent than anything I have tried from Alpha Hydrox including the swipes, the souffle and the basic alpha hydrox cream. I didn't expect to be that impressed with this product because it wasn't my first time using glycolic acid and it seems the results sort of plateau over a time, yet this really worked and continues to work.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by jenafur3223

This review is for the regenerist resurfacing night elixir in the brown bottle. I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and have been looking for a glycolic treatment that didn't dry/ irritate my skin. This product is great! I used it every other night the first week, and then each night now and my skin is clear and soft with no irritation. I'm hoping it will help with oil control in the summer when I really struggle with the greasies. You need a sunscreen during the day with this tho so now goes my search for that ;-). This is a tad expensive but so far well worth it! A must try for anyone with High Maintenance skin like mine....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by katelizabeth

If Olay discontinues this product, I will cry. Maybe not for everyone, but for me, it *IS* a miracle product. Total HG. I've held off on reviewing this to see if I'm imagining things or if the honeymoon will end, so I'm near the end of my first bottle. I have sensitive, clog-prone skin- I always seem to have at least one pimple on my chin, with the occasional wonderful cyst. Nothing terrible, but at 26, I'm ready for the consistent pimples to stop. During the last year, I've experimented a lot with glycolic acid, and it's been pretty frustrating. I can tell that my skin wants to like it- fresh pimples heal VERY quickly with all glycolic products I've tried, but every single one has clogged up the rest of my unblemished skin while healing single blemishes. Not cool. I tried DDF 10% toner & moisturizer, Peter Thomas Roth gel, and Alpha Hydrox souffle and 10% gel. They ALL gave me the same problem I just described- healing the single, existing blemishes quickly, while bringing about constant new crops (NOT purging- I stuck with all of them for at least 6 weeks). Anyway, this simple little Olay Elixir is my golden ticket. It's given me perfectly clear skin, almost constantly, for almost 2 months now. My routine: every night, I cleanse with Simple gel cleaner, dab on some eye cream, then 2-3 pumps of this baby. In the morning, massage with warm water & washcloth...and that's it. Clogs gone, skin tone even, freckles lightened, refreshed look when I wake up. I'm in love.

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No