September 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by elletee23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I feel like my skin has shed some layers after using this product and it does feel softer and look smoother. I find what really helps is exfoliating (using a toner or exfoliating wash) in the morning to get rid of the "layer" of the elixir from the night before.

Overall, a good product that absorbs quickly at night and leaves my skin feeling better and looking brighter with an even skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by berniegwen

This is the culprit of my recent break-outs. At first I thought maybe its something else. I didnt use this for a couple of weeks and finally I decided to try it again and again it broke me out so I stopped using it and my skin cleared. So def. this can cause break-outs. will not be finishing the bottle. I will stick to the olay serums which work really great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by orangeunicorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think my skin is brighter and has a more refined texture.

I will repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by smoze

guess what its just lemon juice for 20 bucks

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Ichthyus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE!!! Broke me out with deep cystic acne & left me with scars. Will never try any Olay products again

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by RedHotPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After reading all the MUA reviews about this product, I WANTED to love it. I am skin-obsessed and am always looking for something new. This was NOT it.
After one use, I had red bumps all over my face. Very unattractive. I thought to myself, maybe this is one of those things where it has to get worse before it can get better. So I kept at it for a few more nights. More red bumps. I had to baby my skin for a week and half to fix it. When it finally all cleared up, I thought, maybe I'll try it one more time, just on my nose, since the skin isn't so sensitive there. Mistake! I woke up to find an angry red mountain range had sprouted up overnight. I'm glad other people have had success with this, but my bottle will be headed for the trash can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to give this a try after I found my skin looking dull, rough and generally blah. After the first night my skin was smoother and looked better, after 1 week my skin is brighter, and smoother, I am happy with the results

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by tmgant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews (thank you, ladies!)

Cons: Hate the ugly red bottle, which was surprisingly brittle: The second time I used it, the bottle fell from the side of the sink into the sink (6 inches?) and the top snapped off. Grrr. Also dislike the shimmery appearance--I do prefer my products straight-up, with no unnecessary additions.

Pros: Works overnight to soften my skin. I have not noticed decreased blotchiness (freckles) or wrinkles, but there is definitely an active ingredient that smoothes my skin (glycolic acid, I guess).

I alternate this with a simple night time moisturizer. (Since I use MUF's lactic acid peel once or twice a week, I don't want to peel all of my skin off!)

Recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by KellyVWeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing product! Never before have I used a product where I noticed a difference in just one night. No irritation from the Elixir whatsoever and it's fragrance-free (although not advertised as such).

After just one night's use my face felt much smoother. I had been happy using Regenerist Fragrance Free Serum which I also love but I read in a magazine how great this product was so I gave it a try. I sometimes use a moisturizer (CeraVe) on top of this even though the directions say to use it by itself. (This is because adding certain active ingredients on top of other active ingredients can make each of them too strong or something like that).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't know why other reviewers give it such a so so review. This product is amazing! It's a gel which i love, dries right up into the skin and in the morning? No wrinkles, smooth skin, rejuvenated, even clears up active zits. I love this product. Packaging is great, price is great. Another Winner from Oil of Olay! What i do also is put this on first, let it absorb and then put the Regenerist Serum on top. In the morning i look 10 years younger! LOVE IT! BUY IT! You won't regret!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No