April 19, 2014 | 954 users online

Treatments - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by PoseyMadison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

With a name like elixir how could you go wrong? I love this newly added product. I don't use it for wrinkles, but for acne damage. Even though I do not know the percentage of glycolic acid, I feel this is more potent than anything I have tried from Alpha Hydrox including the swipes, the souffle and the basic alpha hydrox cream. I didn't expect to be that impressed with this product because it wasn't my first time using glycolic acid and it seems the results sort of plateau over a time, yet this really worked and continues to work.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by jenafur3223

This review is for the regenerist resurfacing night elixir in the brown bottle. I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and have been looking for a glycolic treatment that didn't dry/ irritate my skin. This product is great! I used it every other night the first week, and then each night now and my skin is clear and soft with no irritation. I'm hoping it will help with oil control in the summer when I really struggle with the greasies. You need a sunscreen during the day with this tho so now goes my search for that ;-). This is a tad expensive but so far well worth it! A must try for anyone with High Maintenance skin like mine....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by katelizabeth

If Olay discontinues this product, I will cry. Maybe not for everyone, but for me, it *IS* a miracle product. Total HG. I've held off on reviewing this to see if I'm imagining things or if the honeymoon will end, so I'm near the end of my first bottle. I have sensitive, clog-prone skin- I always seem to have at least one pimple on my chin, with the occasional wonderful cyst. Nothing terrible, but at 26, I'm ready for the consistent pimples to stop. During the last year, I've experimented a lot with glycolic acid, and it's been pretty frustrating. I can tell that my skin wants to like it- fresh pimples heal VERY quickly with all glycolic products I've tried, but every single one has clogged up the rest of my unblemished skin while healing single blemishes. Not cool. I tried DDF 10% toner & moisturizer, Peter Thomas Roth gel, and Alpha Hydrox souffle and 10% gel. They ALL gave me the same problem I just described- healing the single, existing blemishes quickly, while bringing about constant new crops (NOT purging- I stuck with all of them for at least 6 weeks). Anyway, this simple little Olay Elixir is my golden ticket. It's given me perfectly clear skin, almost constantly, for almost 2 months now. My routine: every night, I cleanse with Simple gel cleaner, dab on some eye cream, then 2-3 pumps of this baby. In the morning, massage with warm water & washcloth...and that's it. Clogs gone, skin tone even, freckles lightened, refreshed look when I wake up. I'm in love.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by nailgirlxoxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT- I am bumping this down because it pills on me w/ the olay moisturizer on top and I returned it.

I just bought this today because it was rated a top AHA exfoliant by Paula Begoun. I only used it a few times so it is somewhat unfair to review, however the reason I am writing a review is to answer the debate on the % of Glycolic Acid. It is in fact 8-10% at the proper pH for exfoliation. I will update after I use it more. I will say this is more a treatment/serum/gel product than a moisturizer that Olay seems to have mislabeled it as. It is somewhat sticky til it drys down to a "normal" finish. You can layer moisturizer, primers, etc on top. Keep in mind this is a AHA exfoliant product w/ good antioxidants in it that you could add to any beauty routine. Its not really much more than that. That is what I bought it for.

This is from Paula's beautypedia.com website-

Although Olay positions this as a light glycolic peel (which, in essence, it is) they are also quick to accurately point out that the results from this product are not comparable to a professional AHA peel. We appreciate this honesty, and commend Olay for creating an outstanding AHA exfoliant that's suitable for all skin types. This has a light, silky, serum-like texture that provides slight hydration and a smooth finish. The fragrance-free formula contains between 8-10% glycolic acid (Olay wouldn't reveal the exact percentage when we asked) and is formulated within the correct pH range for efficacy. More good news: Olay includes some cell-communicating ingredients along with antioxidants and the skin-repairing ingredient glycerin. The company also added shine to the formula, but its effect on skin isn't akin to layering shimmer on your face.

Note that the translucent pump bottle packaging should be stored away from light to preserve the efficacy of the antioxidants. Also, although Olay positions this product as a moisturizer, it is first and foremost an AHA exfoliant. Those with dry skin will absolutely need to apply a moisturizer over this.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by amiller5516

I may jaded in my expectations, as I have had numerous laser procedures within the last few years that gave fantastic results, but I found this product to just be "so-so". It did leave my skin surprisingly soft every morning and I didn't have a single breakout the whole 3 months I used it. But it did not really give me any more noticeable or dramatic results than any other OTC serum, elixir, or night cream. I still have fine lines and a few dark spots, but it certainly didn't cause me any problems. Bottom line is this is NOT a miracle in a bottle -- I'll have to go back to the dermatologist for that!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I have to admit that I was reluctant to shell out this type of money for a DS product. But after much inner turmoil, I decided to pull the trigger and give it a shot. I am so glad that I did. My skin is pretty good, but it was looking kind of dull and I had a few problem spots that I couldn't seem to get rid of. The is indeed an elixir, it is not thick or creamy in the moisturizing sense. I usually steer towards those textures because I have very dry winter skin. I dutifully applied it every night and I was rewarded with wonderfully soft clear skin! I was afraid that my dry flakies would return because I am usually greased up like a turkey before I go to bed! No problem, by skin has never looked better and I highly recommend you try this great product.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Jan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have large pores and have been using this product for one week now and I see a good difference. My pores do appear smaller, not gone, but definetly smaller. My skin feels smooth and has a nice healthy glow from within.

I have also incorporated the Total Effects 7 in 1 anti-aging Salicylic Acid Acne Cleanser cream cleanser plus blemish control (what a mouth full LOL) perhaps that may be helping with the results?!?...either way, I will hands down repurchase this as soon as I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lov2read68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used Olay Regenerist Serum for several years & liked it so was excited when I saw that Olay was releasing a Night Serum with glycolic acid. I haven't experienced any clogged pores like the previous poster but I haven't seen the tighter, smoother skin in just 5 days that the copy claims will happen. I did experience a bit of smoothing but certainly not the amount of change that I was looking for. If you haven't used AHAs before this might be a nice starter product. I will be looking for a more effective product. I am using this up on my hands before applying hand lotion at night.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

At 25, I don't think this product was targeted specifically for women my age, but recent skin woes lead me to try it anyway. After a severe bout of shingles on my face, I was left with scars all over my chin. Bio oil and all that garbage kept breaking my combo/acne-prone skin out, and I missed the MUAC anniversary sale (damn it,) so I started searching drugstores for ways to get rid of my scars. I'm a longtime fan of glycolic acid products (alpha hydrox, aqua glycolic, reviva, c booth, etc,) but many creams clog my pores and my usual go-to toners (c booth & reviva,) weren't strong enough to combat the severity of the shingles scars. Olay advertises the results of this product as similar to a 30% GA peel, and for $20 on sale at kroger's, I jumped.

In conjunction with the olay pro-x cleansing system, my face is so freaking soft that I have to remind myself it's a no-no to keep touching it. I know I sound like an olay ad, but if you had scars all over your face and found a product that helped, I bet you'd sing it's praises too. Oh, and a note about the acid content another reviewer mentioned--I searched and found no mention of the 3.9% she states, so if anyone knows what the actual GA percentage is (olay does not advertise it on its site,) I would be interested to know.

Highly recommend, definite repurchase.

Update: After using this nightly since purchasing this, I wish I'd have only given it four stars so I could add one. The scars I bought it to fade aren't completely gone yet, but i barely even need concealer to cover them anymore, and I was previously using a corrective concealer, followed by amazing (the brand, not an adjective,) topped with cargo blu-ray HD powder...or MAC pro-longwear, in the lighter stages (which btw, is way more "amazing" than amazing, if you're curious.) Thanks to regular usage of olay elixir, the very light coverage MAC face and body fdtn is sufficient...can't say enough positive things about this product; it's been a true confidence booster for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm acne prone, but thought this wouldn't be a problem since the product is an exfoliant. Sadly, it completely clogged my pores. Just now recovering from all of the ooze that has built up from using it for a week. I considered 'riding it out' but the break out is just not worth it.