October 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by PrintesaBlonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really did not have many hopes for this product,so much so I even bought a back up of something else just in case it went wrong. Let me begin by saying that my hair has been severley chemically damaged in the past (bleach,hot irons etc) and although it has repaired somewhat now (thanks to regular trims and organic root stimulator hair mayonnaise!) I am still addicted to being a very light blonde as I hate my natural mousey blonde shade,I bought this (in shade Very Pure Light Blonde) as my last peroxide job went a little brassy and I was looking for something to give a gorgeous all over baby blonde (much like the picture on the box). My hair doesnt like anything but it loved this,after I washed it out my hair was a gorgeous shiny even baby blonde without any brassiness. I can't believe I doubted this,I normally think its better to buy my hair colouring products from a pro store like Sally's but this has completely blown all those high end colourants and expensive salon trips out the water. I am so happy and I recommend for everyone (with quite fair hair as I cannot comment on darker hair) to try this! I can guarantee you will not regret this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by dijanapetkovska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it by a friend recommendation, she said it covers the gray hair, and lasts long and it is easy to use. It is a bit expensive in my country, almost the same as you will pay to dye your hair in a saloon, but my hair is very important to me so i bought it, and never regret it. I have it for more than 2 months now and the only gray hair I can see is the roots where it has grown up.The color turned out a little bit darker than i expected but in the instructions says that if you have doubts on what color to choose, always take the lighter one, but most important it is the same color from the first day I applied it, shiny and healthy. So now I bought the lighter color and I hardly wait to see how it turns out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow -- people either really love this stuff or really hate it!

If you want to cover gray, this is an excellent option. My gray is super hard to color (though I suppose that's true for everyone). But within the 30 minutes, this did a remarkable job. I've left other dyes on my hair for far longer and ended up with much less gray coverage than this provided.

The mousse format does take a little getting used to. I have super short hair, so it's easy to get all my hair saturated anyway. But I think this would be a good option if you have longer hair. Seems to saturate much more quickly than regular liquid formulas. (Though it does get a bit drippy as it's processing. Definitely do the vaseline thing around the hair line.)

I will say that you need to be careful about the color. I picked 41, Icy Dark Brown. I have naturally dark brown hair and it always wants to pull red when I color it. I figured with "icy" in the color name, this would help tone down the red. Not at all -- in fact, as the color was processing on my head, I could see it turning a rusty brown. It's not any worse than other colors I've used, but be prepared that you might not get cool tones when choosing this color.

Would probably buy again, but try a different color.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by LOL12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A few days ago I got my hair died Golden medium brown #53 from L'Oreal sublime mousse and it turned out wrong! The color was not even close to what the box says and my hair was the same color as before! When i died my hair, there were no foams like it says on the box either. I really wish I have have gotten a different brand that would have work! It was kind of a waste of my money! I called the company and they told me that it was really hard to receive or get a golden brown color and in my head and i was like if it's hard than why did u make it if it was hard to be done!??? :( Sorry if that same thing happened to u to!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by magic17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Must be the worst experience i have ever have on my life! No color, dull hair, and my sadness! That's the Only 3 thing i can say about this rubbish!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a lover of hair dye. I've dyed and bleached my hair from blond to bright Crayola red. As I'm getting older, my now biggest battle is the ever dreaded gray hair.
I bought this hair colour out of curiosity of the mousse hair dye trend and because it was on sale. I bought the Iridescent Brown colour.
On the positive side it smells a million times better than normal hairdye-doesn't burn your eyes, nose or scalp. The conditioner that comes with it also smells great.
On the negative end, I didn't love the mousse aspect. For one, it's adamant in the instructions not to shake the bottle once you're mixing it, but to instead roll it. Because I've been dying my hair for the best part of 17 years I never read the instructions and thankfully I did this time. When you're applying it, the mousse tends to squish through your fingers and end up on the back of your hand, not a big deal but kind of annoying. On the positive end of mousse, it does tend to apply a bit faster.
The colour after rinsing was significantly darker than the box, which seems to be a trend in most people's posts. Luckily, I like my hair dark, so I ended up really liking the colour but if I were naturally lighter haired, I probably would have found the colour a bit too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by sheenbeanzrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE dying my hair it's a tedious and messy task and I would rather go to the salon but I'm not willing to pay so much for something I can do myself.
So I'm accident prone and very messy but this hair colour is AMAZING.
It's mousse formula makes it easy to apply, you pump the foam onto your hand (with gloves on) and massage it in. It rinses out so easily, you don't have to lather it like shampoo like other hair dyes. The water runs clear in seconds and the conditioner smells light and fruity.
Prior to application I apply vaseline to my hairline and ears to prevent staining.
My go-to product for hair colour. My hair's a nice glossy black, let's see how long the colour lasts though...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's crappy - nuff said.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ddanielad2

Super easy to apply. However, the color is much much darker than the advertised shade . I bought the #53 Golden Medium Brown and my hair is black now. Also, it does not cover grays !!!! On the bright side, it did not damage my hair. I would NOT buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ariagray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WORST dye EVER! Do NOT Buy! I have been dying my hair for 10 yrs now and this is the worst for many reasons. I thought I would give the new mousse a try and regret it for the following reasons:

1) My hair feels GROSS. Most of the time when you dye your hair it feels softer. I don't know if the conditioner sucks or its the mousse, but my hair feels like straw.
2) I dyed my hair darker than my natural color and the dye did not foam around the strands of my hair like the box claimed. My roots are lighter while the rest of my hair is significantly darker.
3) It was more difficult than regular dye to be precise around the edges of my hairline.

I'm so sad now because my hair feels unhealthy and gross.