August 20, 2014 | 1056 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection - Petal Pusher (736)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rather like this palette. The pigmentation is pretty good & the purples look nice on my brown eyes. Id buy this again if i ever needed to.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was an impulse buy, and a poor one at that. I've got a W&W trio of shadows that I really like (Walking on Eggshells). In there, the colours are pigmented and buttery. In this palette, the shades are chalky and many have very little pigment. I did a look with the left side of the palette, and you can't even tell there are different colours going on. They're all just sheer purple and are kind of a muddy mess. I swatched the right side, and there is a dupe of MAC Beauty Marked and one that is quite close to MAC Trax. This doesn't really matter to me though, because I have the MAC versions of both. There's a black shade, which is not unique, a couple highlight shades that aren't unique. Overall, the shades are pretty in the pan, but don't translate to a nice eye look, nor does the left side of the palette have much pigmentation at all.
It was $5, so I can't complain too much, but I won't be buying any more W&W. You get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is okay, but not as good as their ''Comfort Zone'' palette. Why? I found that these shadows were much more softer and were prone to breaking more easily. I personally preferred the colours on the right hand side since they were much more "friendly" for my skintone and had better pigmentation. The shades on the left were a bit sheer and the first two shades were very frosty for my liking. All eight shades have a shimmer finish and some of the lighter shades can look a bit too frosty on my skintone. Also, the darker shades have alot of fallout. Overall, not the best palette from Wet n Wild in my opinion, but for the price of the palette, it wasn't a big loss.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rkontaratos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not as buttery as the Comfort Zone palette but still very happy w/ the ICON series from WNW, always a great value for very pigmented shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a great buy. For the price you pay the quality is excellent. I have paid a lot more money for similar if not worse quality. Not all the colours are clear winners but most are. They are all quite pigmented and last at least 6 hours - which is not bad considering that at $5 for the set, it comes out to less than $1 each colour. I'm not a WnW person, and only bought this on a whim. Someone had left it at the cash register when I was checking out some other things. I thought the colours were pretty and when I found out how much it was I figured, hey, why not. I was extremely surprised by the overall quality. So much so I went out to buy the other two sets.
A great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The packaging on WnW products is usually crappy but for the price it's really nothing to complain about. I really love this palette and I've been using it alot lately. It looks amazing with my hazel eyes. The pigmentation is awesome, but even with a good base I find the color starts to fade around 4-6 hours after application. I do have oily lids though, so maybe that's it. I would definitely buy this again because 8 gorgeous shadows for under 5 bucks is a great deal! You can buy colors you might not usually try and it's no great loss if you don't like them. Plus you can return opened makeup to Walgreens and CVS so I really suggest trying this if purples are your thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Straight to the point, these we're not the shades of purples I was looking for. They were too dull, plain, and boring. I did a few looks with the palette and the next day took it back to Walgreens.

Wonderful pigmentation, had no problems with that and can see it working for people who LOVE neutrals yet b/c its summer i'm leaning more on vibrant bright colors. In my opinion these are just not for summer... Its just blah, my face looked blah with each look I did with this palette. End of story.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

What a disappointment for such a beautiful looking palette. Although the colors themselves look so gorgeous in the pan and that's about it. I bought this palette at CVS based on the hype I saw online. The paler shadows go on chalky and flat, and the darker shadows go on very unevenly and a bit muddy. The eye shadows also seem very soft and crumbly, which translates into a ton of fallout on your face. I have the other 2 WnW 8 pan palettes and LOVE them, so I figured I'd get this one, too. Out of the 3, this one is my least favorite. It is much more chalky

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Great for the price. Lovely purple shades, excellent for brown and green eyes :D Smooth shadows, excellent pigmentation. A couple of near mac dupes in this palette. Worth looking into for the 5.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I can understand the hate for this palette. I, myself, quite like it. I have this and Comfort Zone. Is Comfort Zone more buttery and pigmented overall? Yes. BUT, these are $5 palettes with 8 eyeshadows in them. Could WnW have done a better job with some of the chalkier shades? Yes. I've been wearing this palette for a couple of weeks now and have been working with it to achieve the highest level of pigmentation on my lids. Some shades I put on with my finger or a sponge tip applicator and they come off really well. I consider this more-for-your-money palette worth working with because it IS cheap and because it is NOT MAC. Even MAC has some hits and misses in their palettes. The shades in this palette are lovely. All of them are workable with a sponge tip and some primer. I had no problem creating a purple smokey eye with every. Single. Shade. The shadow that is in the right column, second one down is an almost spot-on dupe for MAC's Trax (with better pigmentation). If you buy the palette for that shade alone, you are saving money.

Overall, a few of the shadows are a bit chalky (that's why I took off a lippie) but the others are rich, vibrant, and buttery. Give this palette a chance, work with it a bit. Heck, for $5, I'll repurchase just for the Trax dupe!