December 20, 2014 | 1378 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Petal Pusher 736

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

Wow, this palette is complete crap. I buy only drugstore makeup and I'm not the type to say "for the price, I can't complain"; I find lots of good makeup at drugstores and no amount of money is worth wasting. And this was a complete waste of my $5.

I have comfort zone and I love that WnW palette even though the 4th shade down on the right side is dry, chalky, and unpigmented b/c the other colours are all great. However, ALL the colours in this palette sucked for me.

The top left shade is among the worst quality e/s I have ever seen; it has a dry texture and next to zero pigment. The 2nd and 3rd shades down on the left have an okay texture but low pigmentation. The 4th shade down on the left has low pigmentation and a dry texture. All disappointing.

The right column is a bit better, but still disappointing (and remember, I am comparing to other DS products b/c I own no high end makeup). The 1st shade down is a decent frosty light pinky purple. The 2nd is a somewhat dry shadow with very poor pigmentation that blends out to nothing. The 3rd down is somewhat dry with a black base and pinky purple shimmer that does not blend well with the black base and does not blend well on the skin. The 4th down is a decent glittery black with the same blending issues as the previous shade.

ALL DISAPPOINTING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU PASS ON THIS.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AmberVerde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on impulse because WnW was BOGO 1/2 at my WalGreens. I picked this up because in the pan the colors were pretty and I thought they'd be pretty with browns.

Like some before have mentioned, there are dupes for Beauty Marked, Trax, Carbon, Grape (pigment).

I wouldn't buy this again not because of the color selection, but because the colors on the left side are very chalky and not very well pigmented. The colors on the right side are well-pigmented and true to in-pan color.

All in all, if I needed to dupe my MAC colors, this would have been a great pickup, but since I still have those colors, it is going to the back of the drawer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rather like this palette. The pigmentation is pretty good & the purples look nice on my brown eyes. Id buy this again if i ever needed to.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was an impulse buy, and a poor one at that. I've got a W&W trio of shadows that I really like (Walking on Eggshells). In there, the colours are pigmented and buttery. In this palette, the shades are chalky and many have very little pigment. I did a look with the left side of the palette, and you can't even tell there are different colours going on. They're all just sheer purple and are kind of a muddy mess. I swatched the right side, and there is a dupe of MAC Beauty Marked and one that is quite close to MAC Trax. This doesn't really matter to me though, because I have the MAC versions of both. There's a black shade, which is not unique, a couple highlight shades that aren't unique. Overall, the shades are pretty in the pan, but don't translate to a nice eye look, nor does the left side of the palette have much pigmentation at all.
It was $5, so I can't complain too much, but I won't be buying any more W&W. You get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is okay, but not as good as their ''Comfort Zone'' palette. Why? I found that these shadows were much more softer and were prone to breaking more easily. I personally preferred the colours on the right hand side since they were much more "friendly" for my skintone and had better pigmentation. The shades on the left were a bit sheer and the first two shades were very frosty for my liking. All eight shades have a shimmer finish and some of the lighter shades can look a bit too frosty on my skintone. Also, the darker shades have alot of fallout. Overall, not the best palette from Wet n Wild in my opinion, but for the price of the palette, it wasn't a big loss.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rkontaratos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not as buttery as the Comfort Zone palette but still very happy w/ the ICON series from WNW, always a great value for very pigmented shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a great buy. For the price you pay the quality is excellent. I have paid a lot more money for similar if not worse quality. Not all the colours are clear winners but most are. They are all quite pigmented and last at least 6 hours - which is not bad considering that at $5 for the set, it comes out to less than $1 each colour. I'm not a WnW person, and only bought this on a whim. Someone had left it at the cash register when I was checking out some other things. I thought the colours were pretty and when I found out how much it was I figured, hey, why not. I was extremely surprised by the overall quality. So much so I went out to buy the other two sets.
A great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The packaging on WnW products is usually crappy but for the price it's really nothing to complain about. I really love this palette and I've been using it alot lately. It looks amazing with my hazel eyes. The pigmentation is awesome, but even with a good base I find the color starts to fade around 4-6 hours after application. I do have oily lids though, so maybe that's it. I would definitely buy this again because 8 gorgeous shadows for under 5 bucks is a great deal! You can buy colors you might not usually try and it's no great loss if you don't like them. Plus you can return opened makeup to Walgreens and CVS so I really suggest trying this if purples are your thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Straight to the point, these we're not the shades of purples I was looking for. They were too dull, plain, and boring. I did a few looks with the palette and the next day took it back to Walgreens.

Wonderful pigmentation, had no problems with that and can see it working for people who LOVE neutrals yet b/c its summer i'm leaning more on vibrant bright colors. In my opinion these are just not for summer... Its just blah, my face looked blah with each look I did with this palette. End of story.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

What a disappointment for such a beautiful looking palette. Although the colors themselves look so gorgeous in the pan and that's about it. I bought this palette at CVS based on the hype I saw online. The paler shadows go on chalky and flat, and the darker shadows go on very unevenly and a bit muddy. The eye shadows also seem very soft and crumbly, which translates into a ton of fallout on your face. I have the other 2 WnW 8 pan palettes and LOVE them, so I figured I'd get this one, too. Out of the 3, this one is my least favorite. It is much more chalky