August 1, 2014 | 1768 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Tipsy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by vanessa8308

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off I will say that I am a blush whore and have tried many, I found that Mac blushes have no lasting power on me and if applied in the morning will last only about 2-4 hrs max and be gone by mid-day. Nars blushes were my go to since they had better lasting power...until Tarte entered the scene. Now these little treasures are my favorites (they literally last all day on me), I have a lot of Nars blushes and have just recently picked these up in Tipsy, Glisten (QVC exclusive), Blissful, Exposed and Flush. I will write a review on all of these...now onto Tipsy, gorgeous peach color that will flatter just about anyone, if I had to choose a color from Nars that would compare to it I would choose Gilda although Gilda is waay more pigmented and you have to be careful to apply lightly which isn't the case with tipsy. Both are beautiful on the cheeks but Tipsy wins hands down because it's smoother, and has skin friendly ingredients without the parabens which Nars is full of :( plus it's $2 cheaper and the packaging is cute. You can tell what color blush you're reaching for by the color of the case which you can't do with Nars blushes. Anyways this turned out to be a long review but Tipsy is an awsome blush that you definitely have to try out for yourself :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

I was a little dubious to see how orange Tipsy looked in the pan, but this is a completely gorgeous peach-coral on me. Goes on beautifully -- pigmented but not so much that you can't work with it and build it up. No shimmer to my eye. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Will be wearing this all summer! And if you want a lippie that goes well with this, Revlon Peach Me is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by HollyBee23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PERFECTION! I picked this up last weekend at Sephora and before I could even get out of the door with it, I had 4-5 people stop me to tell me how amazing this blush was... and boy were they right! It's such a pretty warm coral color and it has had great lasting power for me! Looks good up until I get home from work! Tarte has never been one of my favorites, but I will definitely repurchase and maybe even try out a few more shades in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Ramkilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Having a darker skin tone sometimes means that products have a hard time showing up, but not this blush! On my NC42 skin it shows up as a peachy coral. A little goes a long way, so it's worth the $25. After I bought this I gave it to my sister-in-law and wasn't able to find it again for a month because it was always sold out, so I bought Amused, which I also love. I finally got my hands on it and will never let it go again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by KieuNguyen

>> Attention: This review is for the color "Glisten", not "Tipsy".

**PROS: This blush is amazingly pigmented. Apply with a light hand-- This stuff will last a long time in your makeup collection! I got this in "Glisten". It is a wonderul peachy-coral-pink with a slight shimmer. It does not have chunks of glitter (NARS "Orgasm" has a similar color to this Tarte blush; however, "Orgasm" has a lot bigger and more noticeable glitter chunks). Its color is similar to MAC's "Mighty Aphrodite"; however, "Mighty Aphrodite" has more of a heavy sheen shimmer than this Tarte Blush. Tarte's "Glisten", therefore, is a more daily-wearable blush than the previous NARS and MAC blushes mentioned. It is also long-lasting, comparable to MAC blushes.
**CONS: I can't find a CON. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by andrearbns

This was all I would hope it would be! The colour is a beautiful coral that gives a healthy glow to your face. The only downfall is the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

1st of all my photo is from gouldyloxreviews.blogspot.
Where do I start?
I was horrified when I 1st saw it at Sephora - there was no way I was gonna put that orrange thing on my face. Well, I did! That was the very 1st blush w/amazonian clay that I purchased and I will never regret it. It is short of miracle. It is strong peach w/coral undertones (it doesn't show in the pan though). Extremly easy to apply and blend, stays on (my skin devours make up with its dialated pores). I can go 4-5 hours without a touch up. Normal gals will get the whole day out of it. Don't feel intimidated by the bright orange color - it will show beautifully as a flush of warm peach with a bit of coral. Oh, it is perfect for summer especially. I use it almost every day with neutral eyes or warm e/s and warm lips (I like Buxom gloss or See sheer lipstick by MAC). I like to wear a peachy sweater or any other warm toned top and it will pick up the color and make it even more vibrant and just gives my face nice warm healthy looking complection. I wouldn't use it with smokey eyes though it is a bit too vibrant. If I want to tone it down for smokey look I put Tipsy and then Dollface (pink) and I get the best natural looking blush. The best part is that it is totally SHIMMERLESS (can I say that?). No sparkle, glits, just the nice even, natural looking color. You know the one "She is born with it".
Also I have crater pores on my cheeks and it never settles in them, never oxidizes or underlines my imperfections. Guess if I am gonna repuchase it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Problem: I loved the color of Tipsy as a cheek stain but never could fully get behind the cheek stain formula.

Solution: Amazonian Clay blush in Tipsy

Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush is so far superior to the cheek stain in terms of finish and wear and offers the same beautiful shade. This intensely pigmented blush is easy to apply and blend and wears like a dream. No color change, no disappearing acts - just pure matte peachy coral prettiness. It's a fantastic spring/summer shade. You could go very bright with this quite easily, though I've found that I can easily ramp down the intensity with blending. My cheeks are not super oily, so I have not noticed much in the way of shine control, though I can say that this has not irritated my skin in the slightest.

I could take or leave most of Tarte's product line, but this blush is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by jennyfercl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The outer packaging suggests this would be orange or peach but it's actually a lovely pink coral with some orange tones in it. It's a compact with a mirror and the powder has a design imprinted on it, nice :). Very very pigmented, and long-lasting as promised. I'd say these are pretty versatile as you can go really sheer for a natural perk me up, or with a regular hand add a punch of defining colour. I won't repurchase because I'll never run out, lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush is amazing! First, it's got a matte finish. Second, it really does last all day. Third, the color line is fantastic. Fourth, high in pigments therefore you only need a little bit meaning your dollar goes further. Well worth the $25 I paid at Sephora.