October 22, 2014 | 913 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by crazygood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara does a great job at adding volume to my lashes. I have the sample version of it and it works really well, it's just that it's not what I'm looking for so I probably won't purchase. It clumps really easily too and doesn't give my lashes any length (which is fine because it doesn't claim to do so). Though if you're only looking for something that will give you volume, you should look into this mascara because it does a really nice job at that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this mascara. I have it in Extreme Black.
It has a huge brush that is very messy and It gives some volume to my eyelashes but it is nothing special, considering the high price. I would not recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, I use and love the regular Sumptuous so I though I would try this, I purchased it in Extreme Black. While the color was nice and intense, the brush itself is just WAY too big for my small eyes, and I found it to be very "goopy". Everytime I attempted to use it, even if I wiped off the excess - it was big mess :( Disappointed to say the least, and it is about $5 more then the regular one, although you do get more product. I paid approx. $30 Cdn. Will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

If you want ginormous lashes this is the product for you! Also doesn't flake. I wish it came in waterproof. I have the Extreme Black and Extreme Violet and I love them both.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandletdown678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is absolutely my new HG mascara!

This brush is big, but the formula doesn't clump (a lot of big brush mascaras clump on me). I love how you can add more than one coat without it getting clumpy or flaking. It gives me long, full lashes without looking strange or getting hard on my lashes. Lasts all day with no flaking, fall out or rubbing off.

It gives lashes that aren't too long or way too thick (which I think looks weird). Gives the right amount of length, volume and definition IMO for luscious lashes without looking fake.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by vrbing05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the look and how nicely it goes on for me, but after a few hours I get mascara rub off on my eyelid (I have super long lashes.) Not a fan of that. I have used cheaper mascaras that don't do this. I have to wear this with an eyelash primer to avoid the rub-off, if I do that, then its a great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't love nor really like this product. I've tried many many many different methods of application (scraping all excess off, etc etc). Nothing works for me.

The packaging is nice. I think the mascara wand is too long. The formulation doesn't work for me. My lashes need all the help they can get. This dries so quickly that you can't build it up. If you try to apply addition coats, it becomes clumpy. With only one coat on, I get thing sparse look old lady lashes. Hahahah I don't know how else to describe it. I get much better results from drugstore mascaras than this. Glad it works for others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I love love love this. I got a trial tube in 01 Extreme Black and I just adored everything, so I'm planning to purchase a whole-sized tube ASAP. I especially love the big brush because I've foun that over-sized traditional bristle brushes, straigth, are what ultimately really work better on my lashes. So far my Mascara HGs have been Diorshow (in all its forms), Revlon Grow luscious (big brush again and great product) and Clinique Naturally Glossy, while I've been extremely disappointed with Lancome Hypnose and YSL Faux Cils.
I can't wait to but this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Ianthe19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This so did not work for me ... based on the marketing and MUA reviews I was expecting a lot. I have thin, poker-straight eye lashes and I need all the help I can get, but seriously, Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara works better for me ... and I ain't a Clinique girl (for general skincare I use Clarins, but have always been partial to Estee Lauder mascaras).

On the plus side, it was fab at volumising, but on my eyelashes it just didn't lengthen. V disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by LadyV80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love everything about this mascara. It transforms my short, very fair lashes into full, long, glossy lashes. Layer up for more intensity, no need to worry about clumping. It replaces YSL as my ultimate mascara and I highly recommend. I have received several compliments when wearing it, which totally justifies splashing out the extra money! Go and buy it... immediately!