January 26, 2015 | 1857 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Varuca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a mascara junkie, and so far, this is my favorite. I also love M.A.C. Plushlash, Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes!, & Buxom, as well as EL's Sumptuous Bold (not as good), and EL's More Than Mascara. Then there's about a million mascaras I really hate. I do wish this had a more interesting brush, like the one in Plushlash or Buxom, but the formula is great. It doesn't clump, it is probably the best curling mascara I have ever used, and the results are definitely "extreme" on me.

I am a Latisse/Careprost user, and my lashes were pretty dense and long before I started using the enhancer. Because of this, my lashes look insane with just 1 coat of Sumptuous Extreme. I'll post a photo--it's only 1 coat, and only on my top lashes, but I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a mini one as a gift with the makeup bag i got for free for buying some stuff. It's mascara brush is thick and works well but the thing is sometimes it will have clumps. I recommend it if you want dramatic lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Psychadelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow... can this mascara disappoint any more than it already has? I have never come across a mascara that undoes a curl which a waterproof mascara (Lancome Hypnose) has already set in place. For a volumnising mascara, it does nothing for me whatsoever. I get much better volume with a Maybelline mascara. Length? Don't even think about it. This was one expensive mistake! If I could give this a zero rating I would.

Edit: Ok, this is where I eat my hat. After writing my earlier review about a month ago, I decided to give this mascara another go and my opinion has changed completely. I'm not sure what happened exactly but it has bonded will with both Lancome Hypnose waterproof as well as Maybelline Full n Soft waterproof. After putting on a coat of this mascara, my eyelashes and long, thick and black and my eyelashes are still curled! Maybe what I needed to do before was to allow the first coat of mascara to dry completely before adding this on. In any case, this has been upgraded from 1 lippie to 4... only because it's so expensive! And yes, I might get it again if I'm at a duty free counter!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by crazygood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara does a great job at adding volume to my lashes. I have the sample version of it and it works really well, it's just that it's not what I'm looking for so I probably won't purchase. It clumps really easily too and doesn't give my lashes any length (which is fine because it doesn't claim to do so). Though if you're only looking for something that will give you volume, you should look into this mascara because it does a really nice job at that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this mascara. I have it in Extreme Black.
It has a huge brush that is very messy and It gives some volume to my eyelashes but it is nothing special, considering the high price. I would not recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, I use and love the regular Sumptuous so I though I would try this, I purchased it in Extreme Black. While the color was nice and intense, the brush itself is just WAY too big for my small eyes, and I found it to be very "goopy". Everytime I attempted to use it, even if I wiped off the excess - it was big mess :( Disappointed to say the least, and it is about $5 more then the regular one, although you do get more product. I paid approx. $30 Cdn. Will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

If you want ginormous lashes this is the product for you! Also doesn't flake. I wish it came in waterproof. I have the Extreme Black and Extreme Violet and I love them both.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandletdown678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is absolutely my new HG mascara!

This brush is big, but the formula doesn't clump (a lot of big brush mascaras clump on me). I love how you can add more than one coat without it getting clumpy or flaking. It gives me long, full lashes without looking strange or getting hard on my lashes. Lasts all day with no flaking, fall out or rubbing off.

It gives lashes that aren't too long or way too thick (which I think looks weird). Gives the right amount of length, volume and definition IMO for luscious lashes without looking fake.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by vrbing05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the look and how nicely it goes on for me, but after a few hours I get mascara rub off on my eyelid (I have super long lashes.) Not a fan of that. I have used cheaper mascaras that don't do this. I have to wear this with an eyelash primer to avoid the rub-off, if I do that, then its a great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't love nor really like this product. I've tried many many many different methods of application (scraping all excess off, etc etc). Nothing works for me.

The packaging is nice. I think the mascara wand is too long. The formulation doesn't work for me. My lashes need all the help they can get. This dries so quickly that you can't build it up. If you try to apply addition coats, it becomes clumpy. With only one coat on, I get thing sparse look old lady lashes. Hahahah I don't know how else to describe it. I get much better results from drugstore mascaras than this. Glad it works for others.