LUSH Bath Bombs

3.9

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was disappointed with my bath ballistic. It was the 1st LUSH product I ever tried, and I really wanted to like it. However, I didn't think it was anything special. Yes, it made the water turn a nice shade of purple, and it smelled OK. It didn't help me relax, though, and it did nothing for my skin. Also, I think it's kind of expensive for one bath. Perhaps this would be a nice treat once in awhile, but I don't think I'll be buying any again.

I love LUSH bath ballistics! They are very heavily scented, I esp love big blue, it turns the water blue and has bits of seaweed in it.

These things are overpriced, considering that you can only use them once. They do fizz a lot better than most of the other bombs I've tried though, and come in a number of wonderful scents. Two rants: Lush likes to put bits of flowers, herbs, etc. inside some of them and it's a real pain to clean out the tub afterwards. Also, they keep discontinuing the ones I love the most!

I got the Harvey bath bomb off of Ebay just to see what a LUSH bath bomb was like. Since I paid through my nose for the one ballistic, I decided to split it in order to make it last longer. I first dropped a tiny piece into the water just to get a little whiff before I dropped a whole chunk in and my jaw just dropped. I still can't believe it smelled so good. I'm sure a whole ballistic would just totally floor me. I'm going to have to try it once I'm rich.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love LUSH :)
I was able to try a phuket bomb through a wonderful swap. And I am in love, this was great, the aroma was wonderful and the little peices of coconut are great too. The essential oils in this made my skin feel awesome. A great bath treat. In fact i liked so much, i placed an order via their Austrialan website. Conversion is good now ladies and shpping was quite low too, though thru email prior to my order they told me about 10-14 days to deliver.

Lush Bath Bombs look great, smells great. However, it's soooo expensive, one bomb last only one bath yet the price is way high! I wouldn't bother!

Lush's bath bombs are hit-or-miss, imo. Some are wonderful - Butterball, for example. However, I found some very disappointing. Slammer was one of these - it coloured my bath water, but I couldn't smell a thing.
Overall, they're very much worth trying, but YMMV as far as which ones will please you. continued >>

PROS: level of fragrance is fine; CONS: ones with plant pieces leave tub very messy; COMMENTS: I tried this a few years ago and was very unimpressed. Also, I'm not in the habit of spending $3-5 per bath.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

They fizz, but there's no real scent that comes out of them. And I take baths a lot, and am always using bubbles and other products in them, but every time I used a bath bomb I got a UTI...

Whenever I use a bath bomb, I cannot help but think of one of my favorite Christmas cards ever. It went something like this:

"Christmas reminds me a lot of sex.........
Tremendous anticipation followed by a big mess and a vague sense of disappointment."

To get more bang for the buck (sorry, couldn't resist) and lasting thrills -- and to avoid that mucky flower petal cleanup, I prefer Lush' bubble bars and bath melts.

continued >>