October 21, 2014 | 1626 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by MollieMichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

theres amazing reviews for this on here! i just bought it for $21 at walmart. hoping it will work! i like that it can switch to 1/2 to 1 inch curls! i havent seen any reviews that say that. i got the ultimate version so it may be different? oh well i hope it works!
update: well.. i thought that it would be easier to not use the glove and i burnt myself.. and it made me frustrated! lol its going to take some getting used to because it took me around an hour to do and my hairs not long but past shoulder length. the other complaint is it was so slippery and my hair kept falling to the end or off the wand! im going to keep trying though! it kept the curls overnight.. they looked exactly the same! i was kind of hoping they would relax though because they were kinky curls and my hair was HUGE! what does it mean you can adjust from half inch to and inch? how do you do that??

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Natalie33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It honestly has been the best thing for my hair. My hair is naturally straight & hardly ever holds curls, but with this curling wand my curls last all day. I bought the wand in both sizes and the smaller one gives nice, tight curls; while the bigger one gives loose, kind of like beachy waves. For the price, I would say its a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Lise1995

I love this product.
-makes beautiful curls.
-smooths frizz (in my case only if I don't brush it afterwards)
-heats up very fast
The glove is very useful but it causes frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by kerry51207

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was never good at curling my hair with a curling iron, or flat iron and when I saw this I was skeptical because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. It is a little awkward at first but after you do a few pieces you get the hang of it and OMG it is amazing, best investment ever! It is reasonably priced and worth every penny, it takes me 20 minutes tops and i have a whole head full of beautiful curls that last all day. I bought the larger barrel size and I just love it!! Go out and buy it right now, seriously you will not regret it at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by tulipsxw2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My naturally straight Asian hair is so stubborn that I've given up on all the curling irons with a clasp. I've always wanted to try curling wands ever since I watched YT videos of MU gurus styling their own hair with it. I never felt the need to buy one b/c I'm a student and I don't have the funds to spend $100 on one. I bought this at Target for $30 and I'm in absolute love with it.

All I needed to do was: set my hair temp, place my hair on the wand for 15 sec, and let go. The button lock is a gem and the glove is a must. Regular curling irons take twice as long to curl and they never look cohesive. This isn't true with this curling wand. After curling my whole head for 30 minutes, I was soooo pleased with the results. This is worth every penny and I'm proud that I bought it. Now my long, thick straight hair can look like Kim Kardashian's big loose waves. The perfect curling tool! It's worth the money!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by acidgypsy

This is a really good iron for anyone wanting beachy loose soft waves, or just a little volume. It's worth every penny in my opinion. I am very happy with it and it does the job. My hair is naturally pin straight and will not hold curl for more then 20 minutes, with this iron it pretty much stays for about an hour. But my hair will still have a lot of volume. I didn't expect my curls to last all day and night so i'm not mad about that.

Overall i really love this iron. I would repurchase if for some reason it broke.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by beautifulletdown

This isn't normal...after using a product and I *immediately* want to share how much I am so happy I purchased this! After researching curling wands via YouTube and MUA...I just had to try this one out.

I'm very impressed. I hold curls well, but this one definitely was bouncy and spirally! I even tried it on my mom and the curl held in pin straight hair. Now this is a feat...seriously!

I got the 1 to 1/2 wand, but I am definitely going to purchase the larger barrel. I like looser waves, but this is a look (tighter curls) I enjoy as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by candy_hunter

I'm in love with this tool! I'm one of those girls who could never use a traditional clamp hair curler, and this changed my life! For the first time of my life I curled my own hair successfully under 20 minutes.

The wand is light weight and easy to handle. It heats up in a minute or two, and goes up to as high as 410F. I had it on 3XXF and curled large sections of my hair using the bigger end of it. The tip of the wand is 1/2 inch which is more suitable for creating tight curls. The glove provided with the wand made me work through my hair faster, because I didn't have to be super careful when wrapping my hair around the wand to avoid getting burned. You'll still feel the heat of the wand with the glove on, but at least you won't get burned.

Another great thing about using a clamp-free curler is the ease of doing touch ups. It just makes the process so much faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by colchester

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good curler for its price, doesn't burn my hair, easy to use. Curls hold up pretty well throughout the day with a good holding spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

They hit the mark with this one. I was researching conical wands for a long time, and they vary in prices so it's nice to buy one that is reasonably cheap while giving stellar results. The 1/2 inch to inch barrel gives you more options. I love the digital temperature that can be adjusted. You can also lock a temp and unlock it. This maintains heat throughout the wand and doesn't do the heat up/cool down that most curling irons do. The heat is not constant with those. As soon as I got home I used it on one strand of hair. It heated up fast, and the five second hold gave me an incredible curl. My hair is naturally thick and wavy, but most curling irons just make it crimp or fall after only a few minutes. This will give you many types of curls and long lasting curls. Be sure to use a good heat protectant with it. I use several, like Redken Heat Glide, or Got2b. If your hair is thick then those work wonders, but fine to medium hair might prefer Tresemme or Kenra. Curls last better with second day hair or when using heat protectants. Let them rest for awhile and then you can take them apart or brush them out. With this wand they won't fall or go flat. Update: I know why most people don't use the glove. It causes static cling and frizz! It works so much better without it, but if you are new to conical wands then please use the glove. Fingertips have a lot of nerve endings and it's very painful to burn them.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No