Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the life of me, I've never been able to curl my own hair. Recently, I've just gotten sick of having to ask other people to do it, so on a whim I purchased this at Wal Mart. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it's a MUA top pick! Great price, extremely easy to use, heats up quickly, and even comes with a heat protecting glove for people like me who are hopelessly clumsy. My curls look the same no matter what angle I hold it at, how I wrap the hair around it, etc., but for me that's just fine. 5/5!

on 12/2/2011 7:47:00 PM

I purchased the 1/2" to 1" at Target, on sale, for only $21.99 today.
My hair normally doesn't want to hold a curl, but I tried this based on MUA's advice. Win! My medium-length hair curled like crazy with this and my Aveda Brilliant Retexturizing gel. There are many youtube vids on how to curl hair, so check them out first. The smoother the hair the better, then you won't have frizz. Don't brush out the curls, then them cool a bit and then use your fingers to do a quick run-through. Do a final spritz with some flexible-hold spray and you're set!
NOTE: Be SURE to use the enclosed glove, this gets 410 degrees F. Really hot!

on 11/29/2011 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Simply put.........BUY IT. I agonized over whether to buy high end or drug store quality and this tool gives you every bang for your buck and more. I'm a newb at curling my hair but knew enough that the clip style wands were not great.

It takes practice and everyone's got their own style so go with what works for you, rawk your hair the way you want this tool will get you there.

P.S. curls lasted all day without touch up and was done on second day hair.

on 11/26/2011 5:19:00 AM

I am completely inept at using curling irons, but this wand produces curls people always compliment me on.

Somehow, it is easier to use than a regular clamp curling iron. I know that the clamps may be removed, but I did not own a curling tool before this one (because I could not use one properly).

I have long, thick hair, so I do need to straighten it before curling it, though I am sure I would need to do this with any curling iron in order to avoid Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer style 'do.

I love the 1' barrel, but because my hair is long and so thick I am realizing I'll need a bigger barrel (which I will buy from the same series) to create more relaxed waves.

Both of my friends complain that they cannot get used to the glove, though I personally was used to it about midway through my first attempt.

Overall, I am still surprised by the end result of the cheapest (and prettiest, in my opinion) tool of its kind then on the shelves.

on 11/23/2011 3:07:00 PM

I have lots of expensive hairstyling products and so far I have been using this curler instead of some of my more expensive alternatives lately. I've actually had people comment on how nice the curls look. They look more natural then a traditional curling iron because the curler is tapered so its not one size the whole way through. It's also super quick you can probably cut your time in half using this. I saw that they recently came out with a larger barrel model I would really like to try that one also!

on 11/23/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have always curled my hair with my ghds since my last curlers just didnt do the job properly. I really started to love my hair wavy / loosely curled and so I asked for these for my birthday having read the reviews... and WOW !! I can't believe how good they are ! Regardless of price they are incredible.

I have naturally straight / frizzy hair so I blow dried it roughly straightened my fringe and got to work with the curler. First time I used it very high about 190 and the curls were so tight and fantastic, however the next time I tried it on 130 and i achieved the PERFECT loose curl for me and at this temperature I am not damaging my hair anywhere near as much as I did with my GHDs and I can't get over how they look after sleeping through them ( last night) So I had to review them.

I would happily pay 50 for this so it is a total bargain !!

PLEASE buy them and save yourself money !

on 11/18/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this curlingg wand!!!...I've bought so many this one is the best I would recommend to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

theres amazing reviews for this on here! i just bought it for $21 at walmart. hoping it will work! i like that it can switch to 1/2 to 1 inch curls! i havent seen any reviews that say that. i got the ultimate version so it may be different? oh well i hope it works!
update: well.. i thought that it would be easier to not use the glove and i burnt myself.. and it made me frustrated! lol its going to take some getting used to because it took me around an hour to do and my hairs not long but past shoulder length. the other complaint is it was so slippery and my hair kept falling to the end or off the wand! im going to keep trying though! it kept the curls overnight.. they looked exactly the same! i was kind of hoping they would relax though because they were kinky curls and my hair was HUGE! what does it mean you can adjust from half inch to and inch? how do you do that??

on 11/11/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! It honestly has been the best thing for my hair. My hair is naturally straight & hardly ever holds curls, but with this curling wand my curls last all day. I bought the wand in both sizes and the smaller one gives nice, tight curls; while the bigger one gives loose, kind of like beachy waves. For the price, I would say its a great buy.

on 10/26/2011 12:22:00 PM

I love this product.
-makes beautiful curls.
-smooths frizz (in my case only if I don't brush it afterwards)
-heats up very fast
The glove is very useful but it causes frizz.

Top Rated Remington Products