August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the BEST drugstore lippies on the market. First let me say that I have not bought a drugstore lipsitck in over 10 years. I was skeptical but the word of mouth and the Drew Barrymore ads tweeked my interest. I am a bright lip wearing chic, I love my reds, hot pinks and orange lippies. My collection ranges from CHANEL in Paris (love), NARS in Funny Face (adore) and MAC in Vegas Volt (total rockstar)! So, I decided to dip my toes in CG Lip Perfection in FLAME (gorgeous) and Divine (just Divine). I love both colors equally. I purchased them at Walgreens buy 1 get one 50% off with RR so they were free! yay!
Flame is a tomato red Divine is a purplely pink both are gorgeous. These lippies are very hydrating, moisturizing and after a few hours they leave the most beautiful tint/stain on the lip. Ahhh, just gorgeous! I love the tint/stain these lippies leave. IMHO the stain is the cherry on top of the cake! You can either rock out the stain or smack on a gloss and WOW the look is fantastic!
I will be adding Spellbound, Hot and maybe a few others to my collection!
Way to go Cover Girl!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are my favorite lipsticks. I prefer them to my Elizabeth Arden and Clinique lipsticks, and they make other brands like Revlon look terrible. I have three of these: Heavenly, Spellbound, and Hot Passion. The colours are very vibrant and don't easily come off or fade. They stain your lips, so you can eat or kiss or do whatever you want with only a little touchup required later. I also love the colour range, although I won't be buying any of the mettalic/shimmery ones (personal preference). Totally reccommend these.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by magcue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased Hot Passion (305) a few days ago and I absolutely love it. The color is a beautiful shade of red but I've found that one layer of it looks too pink (a rather unflattering neon pink), so if you're looking for a vibrant red I'd recommend two layers, maybe three. It stacks well so even if you were to put on a large amount it doesn't show, and as mentioned earlier it looks best if you do have multiple layers.

The color is long lasting and reapplications aren't needed frequently.

It does dry a little after thirty minutes but it's not too terribly bad, apply a little lip moisturizer and you're set.

I have a picture of it on my profile if you're interested. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by bloodyfrida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these lipsticks. They're perfect for when you want some lasting coverage, but don't want to paint those very long lasting lip colors on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why they say these are super moisturizing? I find them very dry and almost powdery. The colors are nice, and they are long-lasting, but they feel like a long-lasting lipstick...dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ravia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Review for Lip Perfection - Feline 385
(I didn't know how to add a separate review for this particular colour)
I used the site's colormatch system so I chose Feline amongst quite a lot of choices and I am glad I did. It is a beautiful pearly colour, well pigmented and goes well with my pale skin tone and dark blond hair; surely not a blah colour. If I wanted a blah colour, I would go without lipstick! It would say it is exactly a couple or so shades darker than my lips.
The taste doesn't bother me as it has a slightly soapy smell which is nice actually.
I often get disappointed with pinks or roses due to their small pigmentation but not this time. Cover girl makes a quality lipstick and I recommend this colour for those who like shiny true medium pinks (not too blue) and who are neutral fair skinned as this can go either warm or cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE these lipsticks! I picked up a nice light nude color last week that I ended up loving so much that I grabbed two other colors today. The texture is wonderful - so lightweight and they don't feel like I coated my lips in wallpaper paste. They are super-moisturizing and long-lasting, and I love that they leave the tiniest stain behind on the lips so I don't have to worry that I'm getting that lipliner-no-lipstick chola look.
Who needs MAC? :-) (No, seriously, the one MAC lipstick I have [Diva] dries my lips out so badly and fades like crazy no matter what I do with it. This CG lippie stays on for so long!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by jesssimae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 325 Spellbound (fuchsia )405 Fairy Tale (pinky coral), & 260 Heavenly (baby pink). One of my lips is darker than the other, so if it applies streaky on my top lip i use a finger to blend and it works great! i reccommend thse colors for mac nc50/nw43-45 skin tones.
i really like them all. spellbound is actually the love of my lip-life lol. im just getting into lip color and i think that these are so great for the price. they are crappy quality like NYC or WetNWild and i know that aren't as good as MAC but for 5-7 dollars I'll take them. I do have problems with them if my lips aren't properly exfoliated, but since they leave a stain i can still enjoy the color if i have to wipe some if it off if it makes lines on my lips. i havent worn them enough days in a row to test the lip improvement quality, but they dont dry my lips. i always prep wit ha balm ad top off with more balm (after it dries) or a nice lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sodacandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing!!

I don't buy a lot of makeup overall... but I HOARD lipstick. I've tried a lot of them that claim to be moisturizing, but I always end up with flaky lips anyhow. Not attractive... and not very comfortable either!

I bought this in 'Smolder' because I thought the color was gorgeous! And it is--it's a brown-pink that looks very natural. I have warm skin that's very, very pale, which I like 40% of the time. The other 60% is when I get RED because I blush easily (darn capillaries!), and I find that a lot of lipsticks just clash against my skin because of this.

Not so with this! It really is a lovely color that brightens up my face and flatters my skintone. I think it'd work well with just about anyone!

I bought it more for the color than for the formula, but the formula is just as great. It's sooo creamy.. none of the tightness that other lipsticks give you (even that Maybelline Moisture Extreme everyone raved about. Didn't work for me.)

Can't rave enough about this. Very worth the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by balmsaway

I added a photo up top but will post the link here also at the end of the review.
SULTRY is a non concealer type nude...
SMOLDER is a step darker, richer then slutry. It's the warmest out of all the 5. It's a brownish mlbb shade.
FERVER is a berry, brown...lovely punch of color without being too loud type of color. It doesn't scream brown in the least but has just enough to keep the berry from being too bright or harsh on me. Its defiantly got some color, but I can wear this day or night. I like to blot it for a stain look.(I actually prefer to blot them all, I like the finish better when I do. All of these 3 are from the brown collection.

RUSH is nudes/corals/reds version of sultry....looks identical in the bullet and swatched, but is slightly more pink. Just enough to make a difference when applied and give my lips a touch more color. Nc20-25 . this is more a cross of mlbb and a nude.

I also have HEAVENLY which is another in the nudes collection. This one is defiantly a pink type of nude. This one gives the most contrast to my complexion out of all the 5.

These do not dry out my lips.
All the ones I listed are matte (but not dull drying matte). I don't mind a touch of frost, but I kept away from those I liked because of the reports of shimmer in some that stays around the lips after color wears off or is blottted. With no way to know which of the frosts finishes have that shimmer, I kept to matte.

top photo is cloudy day photo, swatched heavy. 2nd photo is blotted like I normally wear then..and in the sun light