October 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing! I have been using this for about a month and the results are fantastic. From the first night I used it, it made my pores look smaller. Usually my pores are huge and clogged. This made them look so smooth and small. It really gets everything off your face. I use this morning and night and it has really help fade some of the redness I have from acne scarring. If I feel a pimple coming on, I use this on that spot a little longer and it works wonders. I feel that my moisturizer really seeps in better than before. I don't use the little cleanser it comes with. I use African Black Soap with it. Also, if you can get this on Amazon, do it. I got it for around $20. At Walmart it's for $30. My skin glows and I'm in love! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this product!

I wasn't looking for a Clarisonic - that is too harsh for my skin. I wanted a spinning brush that could just take off sunscreen or excess makeup or gunk after I realized that scrubs are just NOT for me.

I use the Olay Pro-X Brush only once or twice a week, and I wouldn't recommend using it anymore. It doesn't deliver overnight results, and I didn't expect it too. The reason I give this 4 stars is because it provides just enough cell stimulation and exfolation in order for my moisturizer and products to soak in really well, penetrating my skin layers.

After taking off my makeup or cleansing with plain water, I start putting my Purpose cleanser on my face, and I lightly go over my face and right under my chin with the brush on the low setting for 2-4 minutes with warm water.

This really allows me to be able to extract blackheads and other clogged pores (but don't pick your pustules, papules, whiteheads, or cysts ladies!!) for a good 3 minutes after. In turn it makes my moisturizer, serums, and treatments soak in wonderfully, and leaves my face feeling fresh.

Don't overuse this and don't use this for your flaking skin - I would use chemical peels like AHA or BHA for that. This is just a good cleanser pre-moisturizing and serums.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by hbomb232

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the brush daily in the shower with another cleansing product, not the one included. It's made a huge difference in the amount of acne I get, and it's made a loyal customer out of me. I still have a little bit, but it's nothing like what I had to deal with for the past few years. I'm so glad a friend recommended I give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ruselaandrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the limited edition in pink colour..it's so cute! I hope the product delivers what it claims. I just used it tonight so hopefully I get great results like the others. I used it with my Jouviance purifying cleansing gel. It didn't leave my skin tight but it felt clean. I think it cleanses really gentle even though I set it to the fast speed. I'll update my results for this as I continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by MES

Wow, can't believe I have not reviewed this yet. I've been using the Pro-X brush for about two and a half years. At the time I bought it I was dealing with a seeming endless cycle of breakouts. Generally though I have dry sensitive skin and tend to get flakies around my nose. It keeps my skin smooth and mildly exfoliated without rubbing it raw. The price is a steal compared to Clairsonic. I like that the brush rotates rather than just *ahem* well lets just say moves side to side really fast. I have tried this with a few different cleansers, mainly milder ones that dont lather up much and it still removed all my makeup. It's really a charm with foaming cleansers. It has two speed setting, I use the higher speed for myself. Love this product, and love what it has done for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am dark skinned...in my early 30s with sensitive acne prone skin. I wanted to try this as an alternate for the clarisonic brush. (That brush is too expensive lol) after about 5 days of using it morning and night... My face became very raw and sensitive. Forehead area broke out really bad. I went down to just once a day.. at night to remove makeup. My cheeks feel great and larger zits getting smaller but I can't use on my forehead for some reason... It breaks out like crazy. Removes makeup very well I can say. I'll keep using and post an update in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by julilee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After seeing the reviews, I purchased the Olay Pro X system as an alternative to the expensive Clarisonic system I had been pining for. I am VERY satisfied with the results so far. I didn't expect to see a difference in my skin so soon, but when I woke up this morning after using it last night, my skin was incredibly soft and smooth. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, so it's hard for me to find something that exfoliates enough to help with the acne without producing irritation. This seems to fit the bill, but I'll have to see how it goes and let you know. Maybe the system has been updated since some of the reviews were written, but it now comes with 2 cleansers, a brush attachment, and a pad attachment. The exfoliating renewal cleanser that you use with the brush seemed pretty gentle to me, and my skin normally reacts to EVERYTHING. The thermal crystal cleanser is used with the microdermabrasion, but I don't think I'll be trying that because I had a "learning experience" with microdermabrasion years ago.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, this brush is a good buy. It cleans and exfoliates your skin to give you that glow. And it's cheap too. Do I prefer this over my Clarisonic? That will be a No. If you can't afford the Clarisonic (or just refuse to shell out more than $100 for a brush), Olay's brush will still work for you. But Clarisonic is better for your skin in the long run, cuz I believe the rotating motion of Olay's brush is not as gentle as the sonic motion of Clarisonic brush and all that tugging can cause premature aging on your skin. Although it's just a minor detail, I find the batteries inconvenient and makes the speed unreliable ( when batteries are half way new, the faster rotating speed is not the same when the batteries were new).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This really gets my face cleaner than bare hands. I didn't want to dish out the money for a Clairisonic, and I'm glad I didn't. This has helped my acne, faded old scarring, and is just a really nice brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I've been very impressed with this "system" (I guess it's more of a wand?) I've been using it for nearly a month, so I feel confident in being able to judge how it works for me.

A little skin background. I don't get a ton of acne, just a stray pimple now and then during that time of the month, or if I've been eating REALLY badly. Occasional moderate cystic pimple (not huge and inflamed, but I can definitely feel them), enlarged pores across the tops of my cheeks, blackheads on the sides of nose, non-sensitive skin.

I've used this with a few different cleansers since getting it. It all depends if I need more of a cleanser or exfoliator, as it works well with both. If the cleanser is thinner, I apply it right to the brush head, then make contact with my skin before I turn the wand on. If it's a thicker cleanser, I like to apply it across my face first to spread it out a little, then use the wand to work it in. I find applying very thick cleansers right on the brush can cause them to get more down inside the brush than on your skin.

I've been pleased with the results I've gotten. As far as my skin concerns, it makes things feel a lot smoother, whether you're using just a plain cleanser or an exfoliating one. I love using this in the morning before I do my makeup, as foundation goes on so much better after exfoliating. The blackheads around my nose have also been greatly reduced, which I am happy about. Though I haven't really noticed my enlarged pores getting any smaller in my naked skin, I do find that, likely due to the exfoliating, that they blur and cover much better with just foundation, whereas before, I would have to use concealer as well.

The fastest results I've seen since getting the system has to do with a single, rather sizeable, cystic pimple that was starting to make it's way to the surface on the side of my nose a couple days before I got the ProX in the mail. It wasn't extremely visible yet, but I could definitely feel the large, painful lump growing under my skin. The day I got the wand, I used it on the area for about 30 seconds, and again later that night. The next morning, most of the pain was gone from the area. I used it twice again that day, at morning and night. The next morning, the size had been drastically reduced, and, by the following day, after using it an additional two times, the cystic pimple was completely gone and there were no traces of it left. Usually, those tend to hang around for at least a week before they begin to dissipate, so having it completely gone within 3 days was amazing to me.

Overall, this system works great for me, and I will continue to use it. As far as I can tell in comparison with the Clarisonic (my roommate has one), the only differences I see are the varied options the Clarisonic has for brushes, the fact that it charges rather than uses batteries, and that it has a timer. I think if I'm saving $200, I can live without the extras.

Also, a tip to those who find the brush too abrasive, make sure you're not PRESSING it into your skin. The ONLY pressure you should be applying (if you can call it pressure) is to maintain contact between your skin and the head. The brush does all the work for you. Additionally, if you find it too intense, make sure you're using a cream or gel cleanser without an extra exfoliant. The brush is likely exfoliating enough without the addition of an abrasive cleanser.