April 17, 2014 | 883 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Kirenxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is average at best. The shade selection is nice but it is SO runny. Literally pours out like oil and it makes me look super greasy. Dislike! The reason I said its average is it is OK during winter months where my skin is dry and I use powder over it. Other than that this foundation is a liquidy mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by greenneyess

I bought this last month because I wasn't happy with my current foundation and after buying this I haven't considered buying a different foundation as I love it! It's so light on the face and really moisturising! Blends excellently and has various shades. The packaging is sensible and although quite basic, looks very effective. The foundation is £8 from boots and super drug which I think is reasonable as I believe it's difficult to find a good foundation any cheaper than £6 so I would recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesfordays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a foundation I have purchased a few times for my day to day look. The color 110 matches my skin very well and it does give a natural finish to my skin. Yes, it does get dewy as the day goes on, but I accept that because it makes my normal/dry skin look fresh and alive, so I don't care that I need to blot a bit.

Overall, this is a decent drugstore foundation for those like me who don't want to spend a bunch of money to look good on normal days.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Sophiamu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Personally I would not repurchase this foundation. I have an oily t-zone, however my chin/upper lip area is very dry (specially in the winter months), because of this I have to use a very hydrating cream around that area (which is the Nivea daily face cream for dry/sensitive skin - my holy grail for dry areas). Throughout the day, the foundation started getting greasier and greasier, I tried it again with a tonne of powder - and it didn't solve anything. I can't sweat in this foundation AT ALL. Another horrible thing about this foundation is the fact that it gets sticky, like you've just put some sun screen on, not a pleasant feeling. The first time I tried this, it completely broke me out in my upper lip area, but they were no ordinary pimples... whiteheads covered my entire upper lip area and they were huuuge. It wasn't pretty.

However, the colour selection is amazing! This was the first time the foundation really matched my skin. And I have found a great way to apply this foundation, however it does not give much coverage. Apply a primer and apply a reaaaally thin layer all over the face (like really thin) and don't stop blending (this foundation is really bad with fingertips - I use the real techniques expert face brush) and then apply powder, this is okay for my skin when I have a good skin day :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lateralus3450

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Due to my dry skin, I really enjoy this foundation. I wear shade 120 and it looks like I have nothing on, just nice skin. However, my skin did start looking dewy around 7-8 hours and I'm ok with that. I highly recommend this foundation for people who have dry skin with minimal imperfections. The price was also good as well, but like the majority of the people who reviewed this product, the bottle needs a pump. I don't understand why this foundation in the UK has a pump but not in the States. Not cool Maybelline, not cool at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by bronyaleavesley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

110% would never EVER buy this foundation again. Because I have fair skin I could not find a shade light enough to suit my complexion, when in daylight there would be a significant difference between my face & neck even with the lightest shade. Also with having combination skin with an oily T zone the foundation would not stay even when heavily powdered, was left feeling greasy and patchy. Not for my skin tone or type, never ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ericaaax0

When I first bought this I thought it was amazing, but then again it was only my 3rd bottle of drugstore foundation so what did I know !! I still use it now since I ran out of my other foundations. I feel like this product is getting worse and worse. haha, it's not all that bad I guess, but I have combo skin and it made me even more oily and it doesn't cover dry patches well either. It also doesn't last that long. But it's okay .. I guess??

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Amynichol14

WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK.
I ALMOST CANNOT SAY HOW MUCH HATE THIS FOUNDATION.

Is this foundation a fair price? Yes.
Did they have a good shade for me? NO.
Did it seem like a very promising purchase? Most definitely.
Was it. YOU CAN BET YOU IT WAS NOT.

So what went wrong?
*The packaging. We'll there was none I just got handed it in a bottle Looks awful there isn't even a pump, and it's just heavy and annoying. I don't enjoy it.
*The shade selection! There are a lot of different shades for darker people, but looking on the website, there is very little selection for fairer skin tones. In the store I went to, there was maybe 5 of the 18 available shades. Not good. The shades made for very fair skin (like I am) are very medium tone. I have pinky undertones, so obviously they look awful on me. (after the first shade I got didn't suit me, I went back and tried others. None of them matched or even looked decent.)

What about the foundation itself?
HERE IS WHERE IT GETS PERSONAL.
Product claims (copied straight from the website) :
No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
Natural, Light to medium coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be. Fresh, breathing, flawless.

My opinion? LIEEEEEEESSSSS

This was so awful! I have combo skin. I applied this with a mac foundation brush,people said put a powder over and it looks perfect.LIEEEES pathetic.On the oily parts, it turned into a BP oil spill, and on the dry areas, it was like the Sahara desert!! It's like this foundation doesn't even know what to do on any skin type! It even patched up on places where I have very even skin! I tried everything to make this work. To no avail. Every single time, my face was left oily and patchy, after just 3-4 hours of wear.

Do yourself a favor- skip this part of the makeup aisle and try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend raved about this foundation to me, and after needing a new foundation I ran out and grabbed it!
It was cheap in price and the lady at the drugstore really matched a perfect shade for me.
At first I felt like it was super oily and the product took a while to set and dry. Even throughout the day I felt a little oily. To fix that I just used a Matte powder and it seemed to do the trick. so..you definently need a powder to absorb the oil from this foundation

Coverage is buildable and it seemed to cover up most of my areas with 2 layers.

Althought The packaging looks sleek and simple, it was a hassle to use the product without a pump since it was more on the watery consistency rather than a thick and creamy consistency.

All in all, this was an OKAY foundation. would I buy it again? Maybe..
Did I like it enough to at least go through the bottle without wasting my money by throwing it out? Yes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

WHAT THE ACTUAL SUGAR GLAZED HECK.
I ALMOST CANNOT PHYSICALLY EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOATHE THIS FOUNDATION.

Is this foundation a fair price? Yes.
Did they have a good shade for me? Yes.
Did it seem like a very promising purchase? Most definitely.
Was it. YOU CAN BET YOUR LUCKY STARS IT WAS NOT.

So what went wrong?
*The packaging. Awful. Looks pretty sleek and everything, but there isn't a pump, and it's just heavy and annoying. I don't enjoy it.
*The shade selection! There are a lot of different shades for fairer people, but looking on the website, there is very little selection for darker skin tones. In the store I went to, there was maybe 9 of the 18 available shades. Not good. The shades made for very fair skin (like I am) are very pink-y in tone. I have yellow undertones, so obviously they look awful on me. (after the first shade I got didn't suit me, I went back and tried others. None of them matched or even looked decent.)

What about the foundation itself?
HERE IS WHERE IT GETS PERSONAL.
Product claims (copied straight from the website) :
No oils, no waxes, no nonsense

My opinion? LIEEEEEEESSSSS

This was so awful! I have combo/oily skin. I applied this with a flat top kabuki over moisturized and primed skin and set with a powder. On the oily parts, it turned into a BP oil spill, and on the dry areas, it was like the Sahara desert!! It's like this foundation doesn't even know what to do on any skin type! It even patched up on places where I have very even skin! I tried everything to make this work. To no avail. Every single time, my face was left oily and patchy, after just 3-4 hours of wear.

Do yourself a favor- skip this part of the makeup aisle and try something else.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No