Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 3/25/2015 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loooove this foundation!! I usually buy high end foundation but I go through it wayy too fast so I wanted to find a cheaper one that I could buy every couple months. This foundation matches my skin tone PERFECTLY (120 in the winter, 220 in the summer). It has great coverage. What I love MOST about it is the dewy glow you get from it. But I have dry/normal skin so if you have oily skin I do NOT recommend this foundation because it will probably make you breakout. Great foundation. I swear by it.

HOWEVER. I recently bought their MATTE/PORELESS version of this foundation (because the store had no more dewy ones left in my tone) and I was NOT pleased. Made me look cakey and dead. So I think if you had oily skin, maybe go for it but their dewy formula is MUCH better.

I'm very optimistic when it comes to this product. It's build-able. It covers a lot of redness and discoloration. I don't have crazy acne, it works for me. It lasts all day with the occasional touch up. It's my favorite.

on 3/20/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ugh - I'm in my mid-40s, and this product made me break out. Crazy. Can't imagine what it would have done to me when I was a teenager. Used it for a week, didn't even bother returning it -- just threw it in the trash. I'm a total believer that drugstore makeup can be good, but this sure wasn't. Color trended darker on my skin after about 3 hours. Blended like a dream, though. I am always on the hunt for something less expensive than the foundations that I usually buy, and keep an open mind...but did terrible things to my skin and frankly, just made me mad.

This foundation IMO sucks. The shade that I got to match my skin really did match perfectly. However.... It did not "erase pores and mattify" like it said it would. I found even with moisturizer and primer, it made my forehead and nose gleam. Blech. And I HATE how it despensed out. It seems so damn runny that the stuff pours out like water. The price wasn't too bad, way cheaper than the smashbox and Mac foundations I was originally going to try out from Spehora. I wouldn't repurchase. I don't think I will even finish the bottle.

on 3/15/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a foundation and i just picked up this one because it was affordable and I liked the simple packaging. I got it in the shade 105. It's very liquid and if I apply it with my fingers like I usually do, it leaves streaks on my face, so I use a sponge (beuaty blender-like). It has light coverage, so I need to put concealer afterwards, but it has a nice sheer dewy finish. I do need to apply powder so that it stays on.

on 3/9/2015 3:55:00 PM

i was so excited to try this product but with my oily skin it just melted off my face within a few hours, leaving all my makeup patchy and shiny, as well as making my cheeks look really red for some reason?
The coverage was pretty good, and it was defintiely really easy to apply and blend with a makeup brush, packaging is sleek and in a glass bottle. Only problem is there is no pump although ive heard that newer editions do so i'm not sure.
If I use just a tiny bit and buff it in really well it can sit really nicely for a few hours, but would definitely reccomend it for drier skin types.

on 3/9/2015 3:45:00 PM

I'm in love with this foundation! The only thing that scares me off is the fact that the ingredients can't be found anywhere. Putting that aside, I haven't had breakouts from this foundation, the finish is a beautiful dewy one and makes my skin look really healthy, another downer is the fact that I can't seem to find the very lightest shade, I have 115 but apparently there's one even lighter. In combination with the Fitme! concealer my base looks really nice. And though I have oily skin, with a good primer and setting powder, this one lasts all day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This version of FitMe is now called Dewy+Smooth, to differentiate it from the new Matte+Poreless option. I really like this foundation! It's got a very natural, skin-like finish and with my dry skin, lasting power is not an issue. I also don't mind the packaging. Bottles without pumps may be unhygienic, but I personally only apply with clean hands and I'm the only one using it, so it's a rather non-issue for me. I find the coverage to be medium, possibly buildable to medium-full. I am NW20 in MAC and the shade 120 Classic Ivory is a wonderful match, which is always a treat because I hate mixing.

The only thing I don't like is the octinoxate SPF. First of all, chemical sunscreens should be applied to bare skin, so they can absorb properly. If you wear moisturizer, primer, serums, sunscreens under foundations, as many people do, it makes it impossible to apply this to bare skin. Second, many people are sensitive to chemical sunscreen and the amount of foundation typically used does NOT give the appropriate amount of SPF anyway, so why include it? The Matte+Poreless option doesn't contain sunscreen. Third, I don't enjoy the smell of this version and I suspect it's due to the sunscreen, because Matte+Poreless doesn't have a scent.

I think this might qualify as my longest review ever, but I also have to mention it. I love FitMe powder. I've been using it longer than I've used the foundation, but the shade numbers DO NOT correspond as they should. 120 powder is so pale! I use the powder in 230 and it's a much better match for my skin. Just a heads up for those of you who might want to use the powder (which is a wonderful setting powder in its own right and doesn't have to be used with any other products in the line).

on 3/8/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I started using Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation because I no longer want to continue using L'Oreal True Match after I found out that the company used to test on animals. They say they no longer do, but I don't trust them, and the True Match also has sparkles in the foundation-which are unnecessary. I don't want to look like a disco ball.

I purchased the Fit Me! Foundation in the color 330, Toffee. I selected the Dewy+Smooth formula for dry skin (has the purple arrows on it) because my skin is indeed dry. After I wash my face, it always feels tight, and I have dry, flaky patches on my cheeks and especially on my forehead and around/in my eyebrows. About the only place I ever get moisture on my skin is on my nose and right on my upper lip, and that can be taken care of with a tiny bit of powder.

I'm terrible at selecting the proper color foundation for my skin, but I think I got it right on the first try with the Fit Me. The color is just a tiny bit darker (with more yellow) than the W7 Caramel Beige True Match that I previously used, and I think it matches a little bit better too.

I wore this foundation for about seven hours, and it seemed to hold up well. It didn't slide right off of my face like some other reviewers have said, and it looked very natural for the time I wore it. As it is a liquid, I applied it with a beauty blender and smoothed it out. I'm guessing this is a light-medium coverage foundation because it spreads so smoothly and goes on quite faint.

Like L'Oreal, it comes in a glass bottle with no pump. Very unhygenic. I do know that Maybelline's Queen line (the one made exclusively for women of color) has pumps on their liquid foundations, so why shouldn't this one? It would make getting the right amount of foundation out that much easier.

Either way, I like the Fit Me so far, and will use it until bright light proves me a fool.

on 3/6/2015 5:29:00 PM

I have dry skin. Thought is would help. Makes me look so greasy it's gross. And accentuates all of my dry patches. Not a fan

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu