October 31, 2014 | 823 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Laurenburnsxx

Amazing coverage, although I do preferred the discontinued version which I managed to get my hands on browsing through eBay. This product literally last me around 9 months! Although it is rather pricey at around £26 it's worth the money as it last so long and the quality of the foundation is outstanding!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Livcomley111

Fave foundation. I have combination skin and also very sensitive skin- this product does not make me break out- unlike the other estee lauder foundations. Great staying power- stays put all day and looks flawless all day even over an acne flair up. You feel like a magazine cover model when you leave the house because it sets so well under powder too- gives you an airbrushed feel. I get sick and tired of cheaper brands that slide off and dont offer the coverage. A little goes a LONG way as well- the one I have has lasted nearly 3 months so its actually in the long run more cost effective. Dont even need a concealer for this. Mix with a moisturizer if you're needing a lighter coverage. This one is also waterproof- as I learned when I was jumping up and down at a concert and my face stayed flawless.

ONLY con is that is slightly transferable if you pull a jumper off over your head you must be careful as it will get onto your clothes. But for all the pros, ladies this one is a keeper. Make sure you blend well as it looks funny if you slap it on in the wrong light.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Redroz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had heard about Double Wear Maximum Cover from a friend of mine who is a makeup artist and likes it to cover scarring and tattoos. Since I have a lot of scarring and rosacea, I wanted to check it out. I read all the reviews here on Makeup Alley and followed the directions of using a tiny amount, working in sections, using a stippling brush, and making sure I was moisturized. Like many others, the coverage of this foundation for the discolorations on my skin was flawless. Unfortunately, after a week I found it was too drying and actually started creating more wrinkles in my skin. YIKES! If I used more moisturizer it would just turn into an oily mess. YUCK! I then tried the Double Wear Regular. I had to layer it on to get even a little coverage and the color was a little off. It also had no staying power. About half way through the day it was wearing off and I had to start layering concealer all over my face. I ended up with two foundations I couldn't use, so I decided to mix them together and WOW IT WORKED!!!! I got the full coverage of the Maximum Cover and the smoothness of the Regular. It did not budge all day and I still looked flawless when I got home from work. This also solved my slightly off color match. When I mixed them together I got the perfect shade. I recommend that you go to the counter and ask for some samples in colors close to yours. I got samples of the Maximum Cover in creamy vanilla and very light, and the Double Wear Regular in Ivory Nude. After applying wait for it to set, because the Maximum Cover makes the foundation dry a little lighter than it looks right away, and then check the color in various lights (indoor, sunlight, fluorescent). The perfect combo for me was Maximum Cover Very Light and Double Wear Regular in Ivory Nude, followed with a touch of Double Wear Ivory Nude powder. After years of searching I have finally found my Holy Grail makeup!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by RubySweets

I want to start by saying that I have terrible skin - acne, blotchiness etc. This product was recommended to me by a friend, and I'm so very glad she did! It has changed my life (I know this sounds extremely overdramatic but for anyone who has acne you will know what I mean!). It covers up EVERYTHING. Granted, it is somewhat mask like in that it is very thick, but if you have really bad skin this is the only foundation which will guarantee to cover it up completely.

Pros - *Lasts all day *You only need to apply a small amount so the product is very long lasting *Coverage is fantastic *Despite its thickness, it looks very natural and airbrushed-esque *Lovely packaging

Cons - *I am very pale, but the lightest colour is slightly too light and the shade above is slightly too dark - possibly need to buy the two and blend which is a bit of a nuisance *It is not cheap (but you get what you pay for) *Must be carefully applied so as not to look "cake faced" - I guess you could blend with a nice moisturizer if need be.

Every girl with problem skin needs this bad boy in their make up bag! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by RxA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best foundation for covering blemishes and scars [if you accidentally picked!!]. It didn't break me out. I had first tried Mac foundation which completely broke me out. Then I switched to Laura Mercier which looked too cakey and wiped off so fast! This foundation does not wipe off, at least not for 12 hours at least ! It does look cakey if you don't blend it in. Just a little bit is needed! This foundation gives me exactly what I've been looking for!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by 05goska09

I have been using this foundation for about two years. However i wouldnt dare to put it on my face without mixing it with another, lighter foundation as it makes my face look like im wearing a mask. It is cakey, the colour range is just horrible, none of the colours suit me therefore i use it in the lightest shade and mix it with a darker shade light foundation to balance it out. I dont agree with some reviewers saying it hasnt got coverage, because it does, i have bad acnee scarring and afer my foundation routine you cant tell that i do amd i dont use any concealer, so i do think it does have maximum coverage, but i highly recommend mixing a pea size amount of it with another foundation to not end up looking ill and caked on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by thisiswater

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to write to address some of the negative reviews, especially those that complain of a heavy/mask-like effect. I've found that applying *very little* of this immediately after applying EL Idealist provides just perfect coverage with no cakey look at all. It's a wonderful look. I'm stashing this for fear it might one day be discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by swornanimallover

I don't know how all the reviews are so good, May be there is something wrong with me.
I am so sorry to write this down,but I need to....I am so disappointed!
But I don't like this foundation. I have been using Clinique Continuous Coverage for about a year,but I saw so many good reviews on Estee lauder maximum Cover that I decided to give it a try..... Such a mistake and such a waste of money!
The coverage is not as good as the Clinique one's,neither is the staying power,not the finish.
It does NOT look like skin,like Clinique does. I also noticed that my T-zone get very oily with it in about a hour,which doesn't happen with Clinique.
I know my review sounds like I get paid by Clinique,but that's not the deal. I don't like Clinique products,except this foundation and the anti aging one (repairwear).
I just share my experiense . I will never buy this foundation again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this on my cheeks and jaw line to cover up old acne scars from cystic acne...this stuff really covers.

I do agree it's thick and can look like a mask if you're not careful, so I wanted to share a technique I figured out (not really a new idea)!: just mix your regular day moisturizer with a small amount of this foundation on your finger, blend together and then apply with your fingertips...it looks natural and provides flawless coverage! I love this look and for days I want all-over full coverage, I use this technique. This technique still covers my acne scars but looks more natural. It blends onto your skin like silk and doesn't settle or look like a mask.

I hope that helps those of you think this is too heavy or mask like!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ibeforee

Coverage is great but looks like you're wearing a mask. Not natural looking at all.