Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

4.1

active ingredient: titanium dioxide ingredients: isododecane, titanium dioxide, isohexadecane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, petrolatum, glyceryl stearate, quaternium-18 hectorite, ethylene mixed copolymer, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), kaolin, cholesterol, aloe barbadensis extract, lavender, sandal wood, tocopheryl acetate, isomerized linoleic acid, geranium, silica, jasmin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, bisabolol, propylene carbonate, polyethylene, rose, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, BHT, mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, chromium oxide green, chromium hydroxide greens.

I like a full coverage and when I used normal Double Wear, I was using one layer, a layer of powder, another layer of foundation then another layer of powder/bronzer in top. It was financially feasible and my face started to break out and became quite dry in places. I then tried Maximum Cover and I don't think I would use any other foundation! It gives perfect full coverage (covers a few scars and freckles that I am self conscious about) but still feels breathable. I like that its in a flexible tube as opposed to a bottle because I feel that you can get more out of it (cutting it in half with scissors when unable to squeeze any more out) and you can control how much you use. I either squeeze a pea sized onto my hand and use a foundation brush or just rub it on with my hands for a little bit less coverage. I don't really like that if I use a highlighter/primer underneath, it doesn't show through as the foundation gives SUCH a good cover. I have oily skin so I have to touch up my bronzer/powder once or twice a day but the staying power of the actual foundation is phenomenal. I find that a small amount does a very long way. I am very pale and the lightest colour (001) still felt a bit orange on my face but I use a lighter powder to set. Overall, this foundation is has great cover an staying power but colours and ability to use anything underneath is limited.

on 7/4/2013 3:41:00 PM

This was terrible for my dry skin, it stuck to the dry patches and went flakey in parts. It's very very full coverage it sets very quickly so you have to get it on and blend it quite quickly it's very light and I'm just using mine as a concealer as its too heavy for me to use as a foundation

My new HG foundation after doing lots of research in finding a reliable long-wearing foundation that would last 15 hours. It goes on really smooth (of course, with a good moisturizer underneath) and is surprisingly lighter than I would have expected for a full coverage foundation. It has buildable coverage, and for the first time I find that most of my blemishes/scars/hyperpigmentation marks cover up well with only one layer! Being that it has sunscreen in it though, and the fact that my skin is on the oilier side, I do develop an oil slick within a few hours, but the foundation itself doesn't slide too much. The other downside is the limited shade choices, but I use this as a daily foundation now as it feels weightless!

on 6/30/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My new favorite foundation. I have lots of blemishes that I like to cover and this does that. I use the lighter shade as a highlight and the darker shade for the around the perimeter of my face as a contour. I do use powder to set it. Its very thin consistency but the coverage of awesome! You only need a very small amount for the whole face.

MonsiieurAlex on YouTube have a very good review and demo, he can explain it better, here is the link:

on 6/14/2013 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A favourite foundation of mine. PROS: Covers everything and everything. Looks quite natural for a full coverage foundation. Easy to apply and blend. Only a small amount is needed. CONS: Transfers quite easily (needs to be set with powder). Staying power isn't as good as normal double wear. NOTES: I use my beauty blender or fingers to apply this. Fingers get a bit messy. I use this for moments when I want full coverage, but won't be out for as long such as dates, work meetings, ect. This may last longer on a person with less oily skin. I would definitely suggest this foundation to a person who is after a foundation that will cover.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wish I discovered this in my teens, when I had really bad acne that made me very self conscious. No wonder this is a staple in Charlotte Tilbury's kit, I'm considering adding it to mine as well.
In a nutshell: covers ANYTHING and still looks natural, even in daylight. It's very longlasting and can be also just mixed into another foundation for added coverage. I like to do a first layer with a more natural foundation first (currently Urban Decay Naked Skin) and then go back with this one on problem areas. I do have acne and some post hyperpigmentation and after using this I don't need concealer.
I would recommend to keep your skin decently exfoliated to maximize the wear and the smooth finish.

on 6/2/2013 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What a thick foundation. Its great for covering age spots,blemishes and scars,even on your body. I will not be repurchasing as it is way too heavy and cakey. Great for stage actors,but not for everyday life.

on 5/28/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm not rating this product as a foundation because that is not how I use it. As a full coverage concealer (for acne/scarring, not for undereyes) Maximum Cover has been truly remarkable for me and I am very happy that I found it. It wears like iron and it covers better than any concealer I have ever used (Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, Hard Candy Glamoflauge, Physicians Formula Conceal Rx). My only gripe is that the lightest shade is still a touch too dark for my N12 skin, but it isn't noticeable enough to the point where I'd stop using it. If you need a heavy duty, full coverage, long wearing concealer, I highly recommend this.

on 5/27/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh gracious, where do I start. Okay. I used this for two days in a row, trying to work with it. The first day I applied too much, so that's on me. The second day, though, I was exceedingly careful and thorough with my application, using miniscule amounts and blending/buffing well. The finish of this foundation was definitely heavy and cakey. Furthermore, it settled into every pore and line. Even after I powdered, the stuff migrated in a very unflattering way to accentuate the worst of my complexion. Additionally, before too long, I had oily breakthrough like you wouldn't believe.

In short, this foundation made my skin look *terrible*. Too bad, I really wanted to like it.

on 5/24/2013 4:23:00 AM

WORST foundation I have ever tried. I REALLY wanted to like this foundation but ugh while it did cover EVERYTHING that's pretty much where the pros end. It's ridiculously cakey. Accentuates flakes like nobody's business and doesn't even control oil very well or last long. And the color selection is AWFUL. It was too dark and pink and yet somehow still manage to make me look like a ghost. Anything lighter than that would make me look transparent.