September 2, 2014 | 1524 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by megancya

I've been using this for years. I only apply this at night mixed in with my moisturizer and I am a firm believer that this product has helped reduce my acne scars. buy this stuff, you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by banshee6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh jojoba. We have such a long, semi-dysfunctional relationship. I keep coming back to you no matter how many times we break up. I think I love you.

I think jojoba is the best, natural makeup remover oil. It dissolves waterproof mascara & stubborn MMU with minimal time & effort. Plus it doesn't leave a greasy mess behind.

I always use it to take off eye makeup. It's one of the few things which never irritates or dries out my eyes. However, it can leave a bit of a film even tissue blotting AND wiping it off with a wet cotton pad. That can travel into eyes & make mascara prone to smudge undereye the next day, provided residue is not cleaned off with a separate remover. Especially if you're like me (frequently fall asleep with makeup on) & need to wake up with everything still in tact. ;p

I've used jojoba for a good 10+ years now, so I think I know it well. It will dehydrate imo (using water or not) if you use it exclusively & have normal to dry skin, since it tricks skin into thinking it's producing oil. Using it with a hyaluronic acid serum &/or on wet skin helps stave that off some. If you're acne prone....I feel pretty safe with it. For those with skin that doesn't fancy hemp, olive, safflower, & especially NOT castor as carriers, having jojoba around is a must. It nearly always calms my skin down & has some protective properties.

Specifically I know when I'm buying Desert Essence, I'm getting a brand which is relatively available, not overly processed, free of chemicals, & somewhat decently priced.

In summary, jojoba oil, namely Desert Essence, is something I feel I can trust.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot even express how much I love this product. When I first started my Retin-A Micro 0.1% treatment for my acne, the Retin A peeled and flaked me like no other. Keep in mind, I have NEVER had dry skin on my face in my entire life, always oily.
After 2 treatments, I started peeling and looking, well, like a shredded coconut around my jawline. I kept moving on just applying a Cerave moisturizer and hoping for the best. Eventually, I couldn't stand looking like a mummy any longer and I added about 2 drops of this oil to 1 pump of my Cerave moisturizer. I apply this all over my face every night, and when I wake up, non flaky and moisturized skin. I would definitely recommend this to all the dry skinned ladies out there or people on drying acne treatments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I started using Jojoba oil along with castor oil as part of the oil cleansing method. The first time I used it, I felt a few grainy particles as I massaged the oil on my face. I soon realized that they were hardened sebum plugs that had dislodged from my skin. (Yeah I know, yuck!!) I use warm facecloths to remove any oily residue and my face seems refreshed and moisturized - not at all greasy as I presumed since I was cleaning my face with oil.

I have very oily skin that is acne prone and I have found that Jojoba oil has been helpful to moisturize my face when I use acne products that cause my skin to dry out and peel. I use Origins Starting Over moisturizer and a drop of Jojoba oil and I find that it absorbs quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by DianaJ

I have been using this now for about a month, and I am thrilled with the results.

I am a product junkie and have tried everything from Obagi to La Mer, to all of the expensive European brands that promise the moon and don't deliver.

Up until now, the item that worked the best for me was La Mer, but, good golly, that stuff is like buying gold!

I've been working hard to try and minimize the chemicals I put on and in my body, so I was intrigued by the great reviews on here for the jojoba oil. I bought some of it, and also some organic coconut oil, and I have been amazed by the results in only one month of use.

I have historically had very oily skin in my 20's and 30's, which gave way to combo and t-zone oiliness in my 40's.

I started out only using it as a nighttime moisturizer, slathering it on pretty heavily, but after seeing how much it was smoothing lines and obliterating dryness around my eyes and nose caused by retinol use, I began also using a light layer of it during the day under my make-up.

When I did my last TCA chemical peel about 3 weeks ago, I used this to calm my skin and aid with the healing process. It was great for that purpose, and replaced the other more chemically things I had been using apres-peel.

As soon as I put it on, my whole face feels silkier and smoother and looks brighter. I am so happy with this product and can't believe what a difference a month has made in the appearance of my skin!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

This is what I moved to using after the Moroccan Oil became too expensive for my hair. It's love and I will continue to buy it!
Just remember, less is more and never use near the roots of your hair. :)

I also use it as a body moisturizer if I'm feeling kinda dry, it's super silky on the skin as well so this is a fabulous product!

The SPF factor of this product is between a 3 and 5 so it offers a little protection but not much. In fact, it's not enough even for 30 min out in the sun but it does add valuable nutrition to your body and hair so I'd def think about getting this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Heavenly moisturization . Wonderfully mild on my very sensitive skin. I can't believe this did not break me out. I mean, it's an oil. But I tried it based on MUA'ers advice who were even recommending it to those with acne in some kind of prewash ritual. I have very easily clogged combination skin, so I can't believe this doesn't clog my pores at all. I've used it for months and even did the one side with and one side without test for a month. It's very soothing and smoothing. It's great for removing waterproof mascara because it doesn't leave my eye skin too greasy or bother my sensitive eyes.

CONS: I usually try to find at least one con, but I couldn't.

APPLICATION TIPS: I use this before or even instead of moisturizing cream at night. ****I've started to use this on dry skin before I cleanse. I put it on and then add water and then cleanser. Helps to keep my cleansing much gentler on my skin. (Also makes makeup removal a breeze.) I have now even started using this to remove waterproof mascara, and it doesn't bother my eyes at all and doesn't leave the eye skin too greasy either. I also like to add a few drops to my bath.

PURCHASING TIPS: I buy this cheap at places like vitacost.com or luckyvitamin.com. My favorite is the organic version of this from Desert Essence. There is an organic version and nonorganic (regular) version.

ALTERNATES: I love grape seed oil as well, because it's also a lighter oil (and it's even cheaper than this - buy in grocery area.).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Kaylahenery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saved my skin! I have suffered from adult acne for going on 3 years now and was desperate for anything to work. I have tried numerous BHA, AHA, Retinol, etc products with none giving me the results I needed. I reluctantly gave into trying the Oil Cleansing Method with Jojoba Oil (closest match to skins natural sebum) and will never look back. It is an amazing makeup remover (even waterproof mascara) and goes deep into the pores to really clean them out. I noticed a 75% improvement in my skin within the first week! I will never again use the harsh chemicals to strip oils from my face as I believe I was doing more damage than good. My nightly routine now consists of:

1. Apply dime size amount of pure jojoba oil to dry face (make-up and all) and thouroughly massage in
2. Use baby wash cloth to wipe away all oil and product
3. Sometimes I'll use Cerave Hydrating cleanser after
4. Apply Neutrogena Naturals Moisturizer with a few drops of Jojoba oil to hydrate

This routine has given me back my beautiful glowing non-acne skin! Now if I can find a way to banish all these pesky red scars from former breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

This is a new addition to my HG product list.

I suffered from adult-onset acne in my early 20s and while it's gone now, I have since been super cautious about trying new products on my skin. My normal routine for the past few years has been Pond's Dry skin cream in the morning (which is fairly thick, inexpensive, and moisturizing but does not irritate or break out my skin at all). At night, I use Ponds Cold cream with a makeup cleansing cloth, followed by Mario Badescu eye cream and night cream.

While the night routine was working fine, and my skin was pretty hydrated upon waking, I also have to shower every a.m., and during the last few months (even in the summer) I was noticing that my chin and around my nose were starting to look a bit flakey by midday. I first tried to combat this by doing a double application of my morning moisturizer (once right after showering, and then again before applying my makeup), but this didn't seem to be working. I read and researched moisturizers out the wazoo on MUA, but was really hesitant to jump to a high-end moisturizer that would cost a ton of money (in a tiny jar) that would not combat the dryness issue, or worse, inflame or irritate my skin.

I read about jojoba oil on here, saw the price on Amazon and figured for $6 it was worth a shot, even despite my nagging reservations about new products contributing to skin irritation or acne flareups. And while it may seem counterintuitive to add oil to skin that had fairly severe acne problems in the past, I can honestly say that after a month of using this, I don't think I could ever again go without it.

I pat on a few drops of this on my chin, around my nose and under my eyes after I get out of the shower and give it a few minutes to completely absorb, then do my regular moisturizer, then makeup. I have had zero issues with flakiness or dry-looking skin since beginning to use this product. At night, I still use cold cream to take off all of my makeup, but then a use a few more drops of this all over my face and eyes before I go to bed. I feel like my skin is glowing when I wake up in the mornings; it doesn't feel greasy or slick at all.

My only complaint (if there is such a thing, I truly am so happy to have found this stuff) is that I think the bottle design would be a bit better if it had a dropper-style top, as the squeeze top can drip a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Zeroduck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very dry skin and one acne every month. Start using Jojoba Oil last week. I add 3 drops into my night cream and I feel very moisturizers in the morning when I wake up! I recommended to give it a try, if you found too oily than you can use it on your hair or body!