August 2, 2014 | 1088 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by sandia1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Bare Escentuals and Smashbox Halo for 6 years, and recently (last Winter) switched to Colorescience mineral foundation because Bare Escentuals foundation had begun looking dull, rather than "glowy." (Not sparkly) My daughter-in-law uses this, and it looks fantastic on her 22 yr. old skin. We went to CVS to get more for her and there was a BOGO, and I decided to try it.

I have dry-ish skin and use Retin A, so sometimes I get a tad flaky. I'm 50 and do not have *wrinkles*, but this settled into the fine lines I DO have, and looked cakey over my light as a feather moisturizer and sunscreen. I did use B.E. primer, and the look was awful. Blotchy and uneven, but matte-I didn't see any sparkles. Huge disappointment.

It is not cheap either. I might review it once more after I exfoliate my flaky patches on my face and try it without a makeup primer since I saw a lot of "cones" (silicones-the primary ingredient in primers) in the ingredients. So far, however, I would not rec'd this for anybody who has any degree of crepiness under the eyes or fine lines. Instead of looking glowing, I looked dull, blotchy, older, and I washed this off before leaving the house. The cool feeling it gives is nice, but unfortunately the finished look leaves much to be desired.

Bottom line, this is not an exceptional product and it is hugely overpriced in my opinion, especially for a drug store foundation-and I don't mind spending "more" on a good foundation. I also don't like some of the ingredients-ones I can't pronounce! lol I will stick to a mineral makeup with more natural ingredients and without added silicones, which can cause some people to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by hintay89

i love the cool wet when i blend it . It's good but i use it as a highlight and eyes concealer . I wont buy this again. But i will but the one without glitter .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Sankodama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went out on a limb on this mineral makeup, and I am so glad I did!
I have severe combination skin with the majority of my face being oily and the T zone being so dry that I peel constantly. I am very acne prone also.
This mineral powder is nicely hydrating my t-zone without being oily for my other zones. It also feels very refreshing when applying (the cooling effect). I have not had an acne break out since using this product (2months ago now). It works wonders for me!
As far as the "glitter" aspect, I believe some reviews may be over exaggerating this, or perhaps they chose the wrong shade for their skin, because I only notice a nice glow, not glitter like teen makeup.
As far as price, may be a bit high, but again I have used for 2 months and am just now getting low. I will def buy again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by alanec

This is by far the worst foundation I have ever tried. Not only does it not provide any coverage as it claims, but the entire product is sparkles. If you're a teenage girl I suppose this would be acceptable, but I am not interested in having a face full of glitter.

Besides this, the product burns shortly after applying it. It does not blend well, and it was unbelievably expensive for being only glitter in a jar. It's interesting, because looking at it from the outside, it actually looks like a foundation...hmm...

I will never buy this product again. Ever. If your twelve year old daughter is interested in it, go right ahead. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes it is cooling. I had to try a couple shades before I found the right one, but I broke out really badly from this! And I don't break out from anything--so it's back to my regular foundation (Pur Minerals--Blush Medium)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing this a few days after buying, so I might change this in a month or so. I liked this product a lot! It gave my olive toned, oil-lacking skin. I can't really say anything about what it does for acne since I get a small blemish maybe once a month, but I had a huge honker on the bridge of my nose, and as soon as I put this on it, I felt the cooling sensation they advertised, and it actually soothed my slightly dry skin (I put it on without moisturizer). I went the entire day without any oxidation, and it stayed perfectly put on my skin, and even though it's not matte, people barely noticed the sparkles. Not only that, but even in a public bathroom mirror (which are never flattering), I glowed! I would definitely buy this product again, since it won't run out any time soon (for the price, it's a good amount of product. They don't rip you off). Even so, the price is quite steep for someone who's content with one dollar liquid foundation. This product is REALLY working for me, though, so I think I might just put a little more money in the makeup funds (I don't buy much else, just some foundation and setting powder, maybe a lipgloss). If you're willing to shell out a few extra dollars, this product is definitely worth it!

Edit: I don't use this foundation much anymore, it's actually quite cakey, I realized. It also oxidized itself in the container over time. It's hard to apply with a big bushy brush, which is the type I use for powders, and it tends to all stick to one place on your face. It's got the powder consistency with the liquid like application, but it does neither job. It's just.... disappointing. I gave it to my younger sister to experiment with, as she has acne (she likes the cooling effect) and enjoys the sparkles. Occasionally, I'll use it to highlight a feature or two, but it's useless to me now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by eelin77

This product is great for:
- those who want to brighten dull skin
- contouring as a highlighter

Not good for:
- oily skins
- those who want a matte finish

I feel that Revlon would have done better if they had named this a highlighter or brightening powder, cos that's exactly what it does with the fine shimmers in the powder.
The powder is good quality - finely milled, with very fine shimmer, and feels light and cool on the skin.

However, I feel it just doesn't work like a regular foundation. I found that this was best applied as a highlight on the cheekbones AFTER you are done with foundation and finishing powder. Application on dry powdered skin is a must, otherwise the powder will just clump up on damp skin. As a highlighter, it gives THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GLOW to the face, thanks to the very fine shimmer particles.

Oh, and NEVER use the brush. Use your own blush/contour brush instead. And use only the bare minimum product for maximum results. Use too much and it cakes. Don't chuck the brush, though - it's great as a foundation brush for liquid/cream foundation, and a perfect size for travel :)

If it was marketed as a highlighter and with better instructions on application, I might have given it a 4 or maybe even a 5. This is still a good product if you are looking for a highlighter or skin brightener to give you that glowy dewy look.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by MakeupObsessed911

Possibly the worst makeup product I've ever tried. I don't like the packaging considering you have to unscrew the lid and tap out the product which often gets everywhere. When you put the product on your face, sure it feels wet, that's cool. But it also smells like dog breath, ew. It caked up like crazy on my face and looked blotchy and overall just a disappointing product. It wasn't very cheap either.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by rutchie19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first, i didn't like those shimmery particles that comes with this foundation. but eventually, i find them really nice on my face. it gives this certain glow but not overpowering. the price is quite expensive. packaging is horrible. all in all, i would still buy this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by bluewine12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think Revlon named this product wrong. It should be named as a shimmer powder then everyone will be happy.
It feels really weird when applying. and I didn't expect the sparkles - I wanted a matte powder foundation. It has just too much sparkles as a powder foundation. The coverage is sheer to light, it evens out the skin and blends easily. But it's certainly not buildable for more coverage because of the shimmer. It is very lightweight and it lasts long (used as a setting powder). It gives a healthy glow to the skin and controls the unwanted excess oil at the same time.
The attached brush is surprisingly good quality, but I think it's not very suitable for this powder. Kabuki brush will do a good job when applying this all over the face. Packaging is not very good, the holes are too big and the product is watery so it's hard to control the amount. (I even blocked the half of the holes with scotch tape and it still comes out too much)
It's a nice (shimmer) powder, but I would not buy it again for I like to try new things and it's just too much sparkles for a powder foundation.