Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 5/10/2012 6:35:00 PM

I have been on the search for a finishing power to put on top of my merle norman tinted moisturizer; there was a coupon for this so I decided to give it a try. Im glad I did! It is a great finisher and mattefier. I put it on after my moisturizer in the morning and then again in the evening if Im going out after work. It really keeps the oilies at bay, and I have oily skin. The cooling/wet feeling does feel weird and I find it has an unusual smell, but the smell fades quickly. I have not noticed any kind of sparkling or glitter in the powder after I put it on, just a soft dewy look. I have been using it for about 2 weeks everyday and have not broken out yet! So its a keeper :) Will update later if things change!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I loved this powder BEFORE they turned it into this weird, wet powder :P It used to be dry, which was great for my oily skin. It was easy to blend, even though it was pink undertoned. Very natural looking, and didn't make me breakout.

AFTER THE CHANGE
I didn't think the whole coconut water thing would change this so much! I got this in medium deep like I did before, a huge difference in color! I loved how easy this was to blend, but after the change it was impossible for me to blend! This had too much of a pink undertone! The medium deep was VERY pink, like I put blush all over my face :( Didn't give any coverage at all, this actually made everything look worse. It really made my pores look huge! I really would not recommend this to someone with oily skin, my face got so greasy when i wore this! It also has that annoying glittery look to it :P This made me really breakout too :P I liked the brush though, it's great for cream foundation. This was overpriced for the quality imo, but you do get a good amount of powder. I will not buy this again, a huge disappointment.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a fan. No coverage what-so-ever. I am not one that breaks out EVER so I have clear and really good skin and I'm still not a fan...if that doesn't tell you something, then I don't know...

on 4/15/2012 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

On days when my skin is relatively clear, this is perfect. Otherwise, I need a heavier coverage such as Colorstay. But I still really like this product as a concealer because the lightest color is actually lighter than my own very pale skin. Though it's a powder, it blends very easily and truly does feel wet when you put it on. The shimmer helps to detract from dark spots as well so it's a good concealer for acne scars as well as for under eyes.

on 4/14/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used Bare Escentuals and Smashbox Halo for 6 years, and recently (last Winter) switched to Colorescience mineral foundation because Bare Escentuals foundation had begun looking dull, rather than "glowy." (Not sparkly) My daughter-in-law uses this, and it looks fantastic on her 22 yr. old skin. We went to CVS to get more for her and there was a BOGO, and I decided to try it.

I have dry-ish skin and use Retin A, so sometimes I get a tad flaky. I'm 50 and do not have *wrinkles*, but this settled into the fine lines I DO have, and looked cakey over my light as a feather moisturizer and sunscreen. I did use B.E. primer, and the look was awful. Blotchy and uneven, but matte-I didn't see any sparkles. Huge disappointment.

It is not cheap either. I might review it once more after I exfoliate my flaky patches on my face and try it without a makeup primer since I saw a lot of "cones" (silicones-the primary ingredient in primers) in the ingredients. So far, however, I would not rec'd this for anybody who has any degree of crepiness under the eyes or fine lines. Instead of looking glowing, I looked dull, blotchy, older, and I washed this off before leaving the house. The cool feeling it gives is nice, but unfortunately the finished look leaves much to be desired.

Bottom line, this is not an exceptional product and it is hugely overpriced in my opinion, especially for a drug store foundation-and I don't mind spending "more" on a good foundation. I also don't like some of the ingredients-ones I can't pronounce! lol I will stick to a mineral makeup with more natural ingredients and without added silicones, which can cause some people to break out.

on 4/13/2012 5:04:00 PM

i love the cool wet when i blend it . It's good but i use it as a highlight and eyes concealer . I wont buy this again. But i will but the one without glitter .

on 4/1/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I went out on a limb on this mineral makeup, and I am so glad I did!
I have severe combination skin with the majority of my face being oily and the T zone being so dry that I peel constantly. I am very acne prone also.
This mineral powder is nicely hydrating my t-zone without being oily for my other zones. It also feels very refreshing when applying (the cooling effect). I have not had an acne break out since using this product (2months ago now). It works wonders for me!
As far as the "glitter" aspect, I believe some reviews may be over exaggerating this, or perhaps they chose the wrong shade for their skin, because I only notice a nice glow, not glitter like teen makeup.
As far as price, may be a bit high, but again I have used for 2 months and am just now getting low. I will def buy again!!

on 3/29/2012 10:04:00 PM

This is by far the worst foundation I have ever tried. Not only does it not provide any coverage as it claims, but the entire product is sparkles. If you're a teenage girl I suppose this would be acceptable, but I am not interested in having a face full of glitter.

Besides this, the product burns shortly after applying it. It does not blend well, and it was unbelievably expensive for being only glitter in a jar. It's interesting, because looking at it from the outside, it actually looks like a foundation...hmm...

I will never buy this product again. Ever. If your twelve year old daughter is interested in it, go right ahead. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

on 3/20/2012 4:47:00 PM

Yes it is cooling. I had to try a couple shades before I found the right one, but I broke out really badly from this! And I don't break out from anything--so it's back to my regular foundation (Pur Minerals--Blush Medium)

on 3/13/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm reviewing this a few days after buying, so I might change this in a month or so. I liked this product a lot! It gave my olive toned, oil-lacking skin. I can't really say anything about what it does for acne since I get a small blemish maybe once a month, but I had a huge honker on the bridge of my nose, and as soon as I put this on it, I felt the cooling sensation they advertised, and it actually soothed my slightly dry skin (I put it on without moisturizer). I went the entire day without any oxidation, and it stayed perfectly put on my skin, and even though it's not matte, people barely noticed the sparkles. Not only that, but even in a public bathroom mirror (which are never flattering), I glowed! I would definitely buy this product again, since it won't run out any time soon (for the price, it's a good amount of product. They don't rip you off). Even so, the price is quite steep for someone who's content with one dollar liquid foundation. This product is REALLY working for me, though, so I think I might just put a little more money in the makeup funds (I don't buy much else, just some foundation and setting powder, maybe a lipgloss). If you're willing to shell out a few extra dollars, this product is definitely worth it!

Edit: I don't use this foundation much anymore, it's actually quite cakey, I realized. It also oxidized itself in the container over time. It's hard to apply with a big bushy brush, which is the type I use for powders, and it tends to all stick to one place on your face. It's got the powder consistency with the liquid like application, but it does neither job. It's just.... disappointing. I gave it to my younger sister to experiment with, as she has acne (she likes the cooling effect) and enjoys the sparkles. Occasionally, I'll use it to highlight a feature or two, but it's useless to me now.