Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my favourite mascara! My mom gave it to me and I forgot about it, and then tried it on one day, and later on purchased a new tube. The packaging is super attractive, and the brush is amazing. It gives me super length, colour, and amazing eyelashes! It looks super natural with 1-2 coats and I applied 5 coats at a party one night, and it didn't even clump, flake, run or smudge then. Ultimate go to mascara! Great price and quality. And I also didn't notice a smell...

on 11/5/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this Mascara all of the time unfortunately I got the water proof by accident but I am not sure if that is why I like it or not! For a water proof mascara it goes on very well and evenly, I haven't had an problems with clumping yet which I find is a huge issue in water proof mascaras. It really makes my eye lashes stand out and look very long. I want to try it in non-waterproof as well and see if i have the same results!

I use this mascara everyday and do not plan on using a different kind ever again! It makes my eyelashes volumized and long, that I do not even need to curl my eyelashes anymore. The wand could be a bit more sturdier, but for $6 it is definitely worth it.

on 11/1/2013 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ive been trying various mascaras recently because I feel like I just havent found the HG mascara for me.

After using this for a few weeks, Im quite impressed. It coats really well & quick, builds up extremely well & lasts all day/night without any problems. Sure, its not waterproof so tears & perspiration or rubbing will cause it to "run" smudge but thats the price you pay for not buying waterproof.

I have this in the "satin black" version which is versatile & does what its supposed to.
Overall I would recommend this product. I like the rubber applicator as opposed to a brush & I like that it doesnt smell overtly weird.

on 10/27/2013 11:02:00 PM

This is my favourite mascara at the moment and I even get complimented or asked what mascara I use! Now I have been blessed to have pretty long, dark, thick lashes that just go straight down and I always have a problem with it never holding a curl and clumping. Even with my lashes I still go for a longer dramatic un clumped look. This mascara does not smudge , clump or takes out a curl! I love it. The mascara really lenghthens my lashes and really separates them one by one like the name! It holds the curl all day and really defines and makes them pop and visible. The formula is kind of dry for my liking. However I would re buy this once I get the chance and run out. It's my everyday mascara and never fails me. Even with my watery eyes :)

on 10/27/2013 1:30:00 AM

I gave into the hype on this one. I mean, I heard so many people saying this was a HG product of thiers, I just had to try it! I was super excited to take it home, but when I opened it up, things went down hill from there. when i first opened it, it had such a strong smell that I got a bit of a headache. I could smell it when drying on my lashes for the first week. The first week it applied nicely, but it quickly started to get dry and thick, and had a creamy texture to it. (I prefer wetter mascara) I dont have thick lashes, which usually isnt a problem, but for some reason, it made my lashes look very sparse. No, it doesnt clump, and it seperates very well, but when I applied more than one coat, it flaked horribly after about a few hours.
The packaging was another problem. The wand is a nice shape, but each bristle only has mascara on one side of it, the side that faces down into the bottle. It doesnt coat my lashes the way I want it to. Also, the stopper that takes off the excess product keeps slidding out of place when I open it, so mascar gets all over the tube and on my hands. I have to fix it every time I open it. This might be why each bristle is not fully coated.
Maybe I bought a faulty tube, but i dont want to risk buying another tube of this disaster to find out.

on 10/26/2013 4:03:00 PM

love it. best mascara I've used so far and curls my straight Asian lashes so well

on 10/10/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One by One is a decent mascara as long as you don't mind a slight smell of roses when applying it (but it doesn't linger). It didn't bother me, but some people might be sensitive to smells.

I actually really like the brush - rubber bristles and it's shaped oval like a football. It makes it easy for getting into the corners of your eyes. What I don't like is the wand. My lashes are thick, and the wand bends, so the brush doesn't comb through my lashes like it should. Even trying to wiggle it through my lashes doesn't work. Also, I didn't have any problems with flaking or smudging.

I won't repurchase, but I think this mascara would be fine for someone who has thin or sparse lashes.

I LOVE this mascara! Separates lashes really well and makes them look super long

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I like this so far. It gave me a fanned look to my lashes without me curling them with an eyelash curler, which is awesome, I always love mascaras that give me a bit of curl. It also does live up to what it claims to do, which is deliver clump free volume. I love how if another mascara gets my lashes all clumpy, I can go over it with this mascara and brush, and all the clumps are gone! I've had a problem in the past with Maybelline mascaras drying up after a few months and getting all clumpy on me, so I really hope this doesn't do that. So far, it's great! If you're looking for a mascara that gives you natural looking voluminous curled lashes, then this is the one for you! :)