August 29, 2014 | 1888 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by shbea

stays on all day, clean matte finish, I am a NC20 - NC25 and got this in Nude, great natural look but excellend coverate, i use a foundation brush or stiple brush and its such a good match that I reallly just spot apply to the uneven areas. Will definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by cindytruongg

Bought this foundation because it was on sale for $9, I enjoy it, medium to buildable coverage and blends in really well and has a vast range of colours! Only downside is that it doesn't have a pump and also it's quite thick on the skin beside that, definitely one of my top drugstore/chemist foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for nearly 2 years now. I was looking for a decent drugstore foundation as I've been dissatisfied with nearly all dept store ones I've tried (MUFA, Clinique, Estee Lauder etc...). Clinique Even Better had been my go to but I tried this due to rave reviews and it works just as well. Coverage is great as well as staying power. It doesn't do anything for me in terms of shine but nothing does. I usually just set this with a loose power or pressed powder if I'm looking for more coverage that day. I recommend this to anyone looking for a great drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by nadimac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this a few days ago and I'm so happy with it. I've tried so many (high end) foundations and this works better than all of them. It provides excellent coverage without being cake-y or thick. A little goes a long way, it matches my skin tone, and the price is very reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by AllaBara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to using Revlon Colorstay (Oily/Combination Skin formula) I was using Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation which is amazing but a bit on the pricey side! I wanted to find a foundation that was reasonably priced and easily available at my local supermarket, Boots or Superdrug. And y'know what? I think I've finally found 'that' foundation - Revlon Colorstay is easy on my pocket at £12.49 and if I need to quickly pop to the shops for a repurchase it's not a huge hassle! Hoorah!

Application:
    I apply this product over the Revlon Photofinsh Primer (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE) with a stippling brush and it glides onto my skin with ease. The product has a medium-thick consistency and is pigmented well to give a medium to full coverage (depending on how many layers you decide to put on). I like full coverage as I have blemishes from old acne scaring and this foundation provides a good base before concealer to achieve the maximum cover I want. I found that the foundation did streak slightly on first application so its best to buff the product onto the skin well with a stippling brush to have a more flawless finish.

Finish and staying power:
    I like to set my foundation with rice powder as I have really oily skin then pat on Maxfactor's Creme Puff powder to bring everything together - this really optimises the staying power of this foundation! This foundation lasts on my skin throughout the day and I don't shine up too often with it. I probably have to do a powder touch up twice throughout the whole day to minimise shine. In terms of staying power, I've had this foundation on my skin for up to about 14 hours on occasions when I've gone to an event after work and it still looked great. Before heading out after work I did have to do a concealer and powder touch up but that's what I usually do to keep my look 'fresh' for a night out.

Packaging:
    The foundation comes in a glass bottle without a pump and has a tendency to pour out easily so bear that in mind when you're tipping the bottle to get to the foundation! I pour a little of the product onto the back of my hand before applying to my face which isn't a problem at all. Once you're down to the last 2 or 3 applications, I like to rest the bottle in an upside down position to enable me to get to those last remnants of foundation easily!

Overall, this is a great product - do give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Nemezienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Man man man... I realllllyyy wanted to love this foundation because of all the great reviews across beauty boards and youtube videos but it just didn't work for me. Where do I start? Went on streaky, dried too quickly, and oxidized so fast it made me look like carrot top. I guess I'll continue on my journey for my HG foundation...

*sigh*

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by biojunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation for about a year and a half now. It says quite a bit already that I have stuck with the same foundation for so long!

Packaging ~
    The foundation comes in a heavy glass bottle. Many of times it has rolled off my dressing table when not stood upright and has landed on my laminate flooring... and hasn't broken or smashed - fantastic! The bottle does not come with a pump, which I suppose is a good and a bad quality. I often see people say "but I can't control how much product comes out," personally I believe that if you are slow and careful when pouring out the product you won't end up spilling the foundation everywhere!

Application ~
    When applying this foundation I use my ELF flat top brush and stipple it onto my skin. I've attempted applying the foundation with my fingers and it was kind of difficult to blend. With this foundation I've found that you have to apply it quickly in sections, rather than taking your time! To start with while it dries, the foundation feels slightly heavy but after it has dried you really can hardly feel it on your skin!

Colour, appearance on the skin, lasting power ~
    I am in shade 150 BUFF and it really matches my skin tone when I am not tanned. At the moment as I've just spent 4 weeks abroad I am extremely tanned, so this shade is far too ghostly for me! However when I want something special on my skin I still tend to use this and warm it up with my Nars Laguna bronzer.
    It covers up absolutely everything - freckles, blemishes, redness... Everything!! My skin is absolutely perfect when I use this foundation.

5/5 for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by smokefumes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I loved this foundation when I first put it on! I used my bare minerals primer underneath and my face looked flawless! I have dry/combination skin so I was very happy to find that the foundation didnt cling to my dry patches, or slide off where I was a tad oily. However through the day I found that the foundation rubbed off from my nose and chin (where I get oily) even though I had powdered and used a setting spray on my face before leaving the house. This foundation is better suited to winter as it's less likely to slip and slide from your face, also this foundation may become to heavy to wear in the summer. (here in the uk summer isn't usually as bad as the US summers) I found the coverage to be medium but it is very easily build-able but you have to be careful that you don't apply too much so that it becomes cakey. I also found the colour to be a little dark for me, especially in the winter. I am the colour nw10 so the ivory colour was a little too yellow and dark for me, but I always have this problem with drugstore makeup as I am so fair. Plus the packaging wasn't awful, but it wasn't amazing. I hated the fact it didn't come with a pump, which meant I had to pour it onto the back of my hand or onto a flat surface. This meant the liquid was harder to control versus using a pump, meaning I would waste a lot of product as there was no way of getting the foundation back into the tube. I would consider repurchasing this again now that I own a mac foundation pump, but if you're thinking of buying this foundation, remember to buy a pump first and a good setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by hersheysmiaka

Bought a bottle and used it a couple of times before I got nasty cystic acne. Not recommended for sensitive, acne prone skin. Although I had no qualms with the lasting power and coverage (although it looks unnatural), I feel there are so many chemicals in this product, just by telling from the smell. Smells like paint!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Oh the infamous colorstay. Heard about this on youtube, and I decided to try it. I love it! It's great for my oily skin.