E.L.F. Studio Stipple

Price: $

on 9/19/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It isn't durable enough for liquid foundation, it needs to be fuller, i use it for powder or blush, will not repurchase because it I already have a kabuki brush that does basically the same job.

on 8/31/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'll have to agree with most on this one, its NOT dense enough for liquid foundation sigh bcuz thats what I mainly bought it for. But it works beautifully for blush! Altho I do own & love the Elf Studio Blush brush its too compact for super pigmented shades n can give the clown face quickly but this brush picks up the lightest amount n lets u really layer the color on to your desired preference!

Does this work great for powders--ofcourse! but if thats your basic need go for the powder brush instead as that allows more control on 'buffing' in the product too, this is mainly for 'picking up' the product. Would I repurchase? Already did, want a separate one for cream blushes--which this DOES work for because their not as thick/quickly drying as liquid foundation!

on 8/31/2011 3:14:00 PM

I do not like this brush at all...it's very flimsy when trying to use with my foundation. I have other ELF brushes that I like a lot but not this one. Good thing it's not expensive.

on 8/31/2011 3:09:00 PM

I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of E.L.F. brushes, this one included. I've used this mostly for blush and it has opened doors as far as highly pigmented blushes go. I can now wear Deep Throat, but it needs the lighter touch of a brush like this

on 8/31/2011 1:18:00 AM

I think this is definitely a great product for the price. I havn't used it for applying liquid foundation because I think it may not be dense enough. I find it works great for my mineral powders and blushes. It is especially good for blushes that are super pigmented. I also think it is really nice and soft and feels nice on my skin.

Would probably get another one so I can keep a separate one for face powders and one for my blushes.

on 7/26/2011 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Ive read that people feel this brush is too flimsy and doesn't work well. I beg to differ, this is a great brush for 3.00. I'm even contemplating picking up a second. I use it for my blushes that are too pigmented for my skintone, such as mac's BoAA. It works well, sure it could be denser, but for 3.00 you can't complain much about a brush that definitely gets the job done!

on 7/25/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice brush but it isn't as good as some other brushes by e.l.f. . I tried applying my liquid foundation with it and it looked horrible, I guess the brush isn't dense enough for that. I have some very pigmented blushes and this brush is perfect for applying them because it doesn't pack on so much product. Unfortunately it's a bit too big for my cheeks and I noticed that after a few weeks my beloved Rose Gold blush by Sleek got a really weird surface with lots of little indentations so I stopped using these two together. I guess I could use it for highlighter but it seems too big for that too. It's quite frustrating because it is really well made, it's soft and it doesn't shed but I just can't find a use for it.

on 7/17/2011 1:44:00 PM

This brush it so prickly and flimsy at the same time! The bristles are so bare that even if I do stipple with this brush, I'd have to switch to another brush to blend in foundation.

on 7/16/2011 11:34:00 PM

I use this with my MAC mineralize skin finish natural and it works great! I haven't found it to shed and I've been using it for at least the past 3 months. Also, I find that the softness of the brush helps in keeping in check the amount of powder I use, which is rad.

on 7/16/2011 1:17:00 AM

I bought this just to try it out and I actually love it! I use it to apply my blush and then use a blush brush to blend it in. Its so soft and the handle is sturdy. I've already purchased a second one to use for my foundation or just as a backup. Not sure how this works at applying foundation but for $3 or sometimes less, it's totally worth a shot.

Popular Makeup Brushes