April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by FluffyLlama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush it so prickly and flimsy at the same time! The bristles are so bare that even if I do stipple with this brush, I'd have to switch to another brush to blend in foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Xrez

I use this with my MAC mineralize skin finish natural and it works great! I haven't found it to shed and I've been using it for at least the past 3 months. Also, I find that the softness of the brush helps in keeping in check the amount of powder I use, which is rad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this just to try it out and I actually love it! I use it to apply my blush and then use a blush brush to blend it in. Its so soft and the handle is sturdy. I've already purchased a second one to use for my foundation or just as a backup. Not sure how this works at applying foundation but for $3 or sometimes less, it's totally worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by babaysoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush grew on me. Yes, it's on the flimsy side but somehow it works -probably because I am quite heavy handed in applying my foundation. The flimsiness of this brush keeps me from putting on too much. I like the finish it creates. I recommend this brush to anyone who has a tendency overload on foundation, blush or bronzer like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Scarbrown

I absolutely love this brush. I think that you just have to find the right purpose for it. I use it to apply my dream matte mousse blush and it works like a dream and the application is flawless. I have tried it with my liquid foundation also, and although it isnít very dense, I was still fairly pleased with the application of that as well. I think itís all about making this brush work for you and I will most definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

The bristles on this brush are a bit softer than other stippling brushes that I have. However, it performs nearly the same. It does all that I need for it to do. I have no problems using it to stipple on and blend out finishing powder, blush, highlighter, etc. onto my face.

It does shed a bit. However, such is common to alot of stippling brushes that I own and use. So, that's no biggie for me. Overall, I really do like this brush. And, I highly recommend that others try it as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice quality for such an affordable price ! I am surprise of how good this stipple brush is. I prefer this over MAC 187 stippling brush. This delivers a very natural lightweight, airbrush finish. so easy to use, quite soft bristtles but picks up product very well. I enjoy putting on foundation and stick cream bronzer using this brush. the result of my foundation is like airbrushed. I would definitely buy this again(with the kind help of my US great friend who cp'd this for me)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Very nice quality for such an affordable price ! I am surprise of how good this stipple brush is. I prefer this over MAC 187 stippling brush. This delivers a very natural lightweight, airbrush finish. so easy to use, quite soft bristtles but picks up colors very well. I enjoy putting on foundation and stick bronzer using this brush. the result of my foundation is like airbrushed. I would definitely buy this again(with the kind help of my US great friend who cp'd this for me)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AspiringItGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush!
I have extremely oily and blemished skin but hate using heavy coverage foundation, i would rather use liquid medium coverage that i can build up to the desired effect. My YSL Perfect Touch Radiance actually comes with a brush so first of all I sweep a light layer of foundation using the brush included, followed by a layer stippled on with this e.l.f brush. The results are beautiful, and if i feel like i need a bit more coverage i can simply build one more light layer of foundation with the stipple brush without looking cakey; it gives a great airbrushed finish when you first stipple the product then lightly swirl it in, an effect I really cant generate with the YSL brush.
I have to say i haven't had the pleasure of using a 187 although i will do one of these days, this e.l.f one is pretty HG for me at the moment (i was previously using e.l.f studio powder brush for my liquid foundation which i grew to hate. IMO just a bog standard brush)
I recommend this brush especially if like me, you cant decide between the mac 187 or this one. For the amazing price i really dont think im missing out on much and can always get the mac when i feel like spending extortionate amounts on a few hairs. lol. Seriously i love make up but it can be so annoying when spending £30+ on foundation i have to then buy a brush to apply it with for near enough the same price??

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by redeemed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very disapointed! They have great packaging but the quality doesn't match.It evens delivers quickly.I bought this brush to use with my Creme Blush but the bristles are way tooo soft to pick up the product or blend it in well! :( I haven't tried it with a powder or foundation so i hope i can't give a verdict on that.