August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by AnnieRocco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A little expensive but for that result, i dont mind paying. It makes my skin looks so radiant and smooth the next morning. It dosent sting and i leave it overnight. I only use once a week. I realised the result is more dramatic if i apply a thick later but it does leave my cheeks feeling taut. If i apply a thin layer, its not as drying but the results are not as obvious as well so guess i will just apply thickly! Will be purchasing its full size! I bought many samples and im still using the first pack of samples!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a year and a half, and it appears to leave my skin smooth and well-conditioned. I don't have any wrinkles or fine lines, so I'm using this product pre-emptively. Also, I don't have particularly sensitive skin, so I can use it up to 3 times a week, but YMMV.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WARNING: Do NOT use this product more than once per week or during the week/before important events.

I recently purchased this because I like PC products and this one gets such great reviews that I had to try it myself. The first couple of times I used it I didn't see much of a difference; my skin looked a little bit different but nothing significant. I used it again last night, left it on over night (should not have done that, I should have washed it off). I didn't think much of it this morning when I applied foundation before going to work. After I looked closely in the mirror I was surprised to find that my cheeks and nose were really flaky. I immediately washed all the foundation off, scrubbed my face with Queen Helene scrub and thought I was all good. I applied a moisturizer the second time around prior to applying my foundation again. There was still a little bit of peeling around my nose but I didn't think it was a big deal. After being at work for 9 hours (I didn't check in the mirror once) I came home and was horrified. The entire area around my nose, cheeks, and lips was ALL FLAKES! I really, really hope that no one at work noticed because I looked like a freak, and it accentuated fine lines around my lips terribly. Nasty.
I washed my face again tonight and used the same QH scrub (gently) and applied a moisturizer. I am really hoping that my skin will be less flaky tomorrow. I can tell that this product works because it literally peeled off the very top layer of my skin revealing nice, soft and smooth skin underneath. But holy cow, I am never using this again on days I have to wear foundation (to work or out). It's a good product but definitely something that should be used sparingly. I am not sure whether or not I will repurchase at this point. I will wait to see long term results. This is very powerful stuff and I imagine does good things if used correctly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I absolutely hated this stuff as it dried my skin out horribly and left it really really really flaky. It took some experimenting and I finally love this stuff and have incorporated it into my skin care routine. What works for me is to only use it weekly. I apply it with a cotton pad to my freshly washed face, leave it for 30 minutes, then wash it off and follow up with my usually moisturizers and serums, but nothing that contains AHA or BHA that night. I would repurchase it, but only using it weekly this stuff will probably last a very long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff wreaked havoc on my skin, to say the least. I had been using Paula's Choice 5% daily AHA with absolutely no problems for about a month prior and had great results. Because my skin was tolerant I figured I'd up the ante and try the 10%. Big mistake. After the first application I noticed the next morning how parched and tight my skin felt. While the skin did feel physically smoother it felt uncomfortably dry. And I use Clinique's dry to very dry antioxidant night moisturizer every night. After going through my normal morning routine of moisturizer with SPF and then a foundation I noticed a giant wrinkle set in my forehead which hadn't been but a fine line before. Also, my foundation looked horribly caked and rough on my skin. I just assumed this would pass in time but after a week there were no changes. I tried the 10% AHA a second time hoping this would help kick in the exfoliation process but unfortunately it only made things worse and I now have very pronounced wrinkles on my forehead, increased pore size, rough looking skin, a persistently red face, not to mentioned my skin is as tight and dry as I have ever seen. In order to alleviate the dryness I have been using olive oil on top of my moisturizer in the AM and vitamin E oil atop my moisturizer in the PM. Also, I have had to stop wearing foundation because my skin looks worse with it on than with no makeup. All the MUA reviews of this are great and I only wish I too had a good experience.

UPDATE: it's been 3 months since I discontinued using AHA's on my face and my skin still has not returned to normal. Basically my skin is rougher in texture than before using AHA's, my pore size is visibly larger, and I still cannot apply foundation without it looking cakey and cracking in my forehead wrinkles. Just to note I did not have but fine lines in my forehead prior to using Paula Begoun's products. This has been a nightmare and I intend to see a derm for treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by t0asty

I ADORE THIS. I couldn't figure out what was making my skin so smooth in recent weeks, then I realized I've been putting this on instead of my toner (by accident, because I misplaced my toner and now have been using this instead of as a weekly mask. Oops.) Guess it was a good mix-up! I know it's a weekly treatment, but I layer this every single night with my 2% BHA liquid. Freshly washed face, spritz with 2% BHA liquid. Wait til it dries, pour about a dime to nickel sized amount of this into my palm (golden, golden liquid!) and pat all over my face. Rub in throughly. Wait for it to dry and top with moisturizer or acne medication or whatever of choice. Wake up to baby skin. I've had the WORST comedones and this smooths out my skin like sandpaper on a rough surface. I still have some extremely stubborn ones that this doesn't seem strong enough to weed out -- will try out a chemical peel for that.

Thanks Paula!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by tmgant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is almost a miracle product for me. I can't believe I get such soft exfoliated skin with no peeling or flaking.

I use the Resist resurfacing treatment every 3 days. I'm about 3 weeks into using it, so I think if I was going to have adverse effects, I would have experienced them by now.

What I have noticed: softer skin, less noticeable pores, reduction in some 'bumpy' spots that I had accepted as part of my skin, overall nicer appearing skin.

What I have NOT noticed: flaking, redness, breakouts, increased clogging, eye irritation (I use it under my eyes, not on my lids, as well as over the rest of my face), big change in lines (maybe a bit but hard to say)

While I agree that the thin liquid takes a bit of getting used to in terms of application, I would hate to see the formula changed by the addition of thickeners that might change its effectiveness. I drip a nickle-sized spot into my (clean) left palm, then use my (clean) right index and middle fingers to spread it on my face.

I love this product. For me, it is a must-have.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by kittyk9t

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! This is a MUST HAVE! Can't believe how great this product is. I'm not one for using cotton pads to apply liquids (I feel like 1/2 the product gets wasted) so I pour a tiny amount in my palm and use my fingers to apply. I noticed no irritation or stinging at all. After putting this on the skin, it has a tacky feel which goes away and I had no problem layering my other PC products on top of this. I use this at bedtime and in the morning my skin is so smooth and soft. I have combo skin and haven't noticed any dry patches or anything from using this. I use it twice a week and am so happy with this. I would HIGHLY recommend this to everyone who wants the smoothest skin possible and wants to fight off aging.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'll say right off that i only used a few sample packages of this, not the full-sized bottle.

my skin: nc15-ish, normal-leaning-combination, acne-prone, have sun damage and acne pigmentation that i'm trying to reduce.

i normally use the 2% BHA liquid (which i LOVE!), and the 8% AHA gel. however, i was in the market for something that would do a LITTLE more chemical exfoliation, thus i tried this, the 10% AHA. and i <3 this too! i feel like it leaves my skin a little smoother than the 8% AHA does. and for some reason, i always had more stinging with the 8% AHA. not a big deal, just interesting!
and i know this is a "weekly" treatment, but my skin could probably handle every other day at most.

as soon as i finish up my 8% AHA i'll be buyin a full-sized bottle of this one!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I been using PC skincare pretty exclusively for almost 10 years now, and have been very pleased with her new RESIST line. I previously used her 8% AHA gel, but like this much better. My skin seems to it tolerate well and where the 8% gel left a slight 'tackiness', the 10% liquid just seeps right in and sets. This liquid really shines when used alternately with the 5% AHA lotion (as per instructions) - because the 5% also has a little BHA, as well. Used together, I get almost a perfect balance of AHA/BHA and have to supplement with less BHA in a separate product. This helps me combat aging and blackheads without overloading my already very oily skin - too much : )

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No