Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 5/11/2012 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use this once a week w/ no problem, doesnt make my skin dry or flaky. I leave it on overnight and wash my face in the morning.

on 5/7/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

great AHA product. I like to use this 1-2 times a week but adding several layers since my skin is sensitive but the dead skin is pretty stubborn. I leave it on for 1-2 hours like a mask, not overnight. I have also tried one layer at night and my skin was smoother in the morning but I found out that several layers for a couple of hours do more for me in terms of exfoliation.I did experience light peeling but it never hurts or looks too bad, it just reveals fresh, clean new skin without clogs and acne scars are smoothed out, fine lines as well and my skin is super smooth. I like to use LRP toleriane ultra afterwards to moisturize and my skin just drinks it all up and is uber-hydrated the next day.

on 4/24/2012 6:53:00 PM

This is one of those products that makes a massive difference to my skin. I use it once or twice a week and wake up soft, smooth with minimised pores. Minimal stinging if I keep it away from my eyes (only a numpty would put this near the eyes, but it's easily done).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this set approximately half a year. This exfoliator leaves my skin super soft and since I started using products from this set I have noticed an improvement in my skin texture, tone and radiance. I use it once a week. Even though the concentrations of AHA is 10% there is no sting (I do not have sensitive skin). Packaging could be improved. It is a straight forward screw off top, I would prefer pump dosing.

on 4/5/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Another winner from the Resist line for me. I use this once a week, as the name suggests, and it suits my sensitive skin just fine. I havenít got an adverse reaction, only woken up with a clearer and smoother skin the next morning. I think my skin could handle more frequent use, but I havenít felt the need for it at the moment. As usual, this isnít a miracle worker, so donít expect your skin to do a complete 180 overnight. Iíve been using this consistently for a few months now, and my skin has definitely benefited from it, and is showing less and less flaking and blemishes. Of course, getting further away from the cold winter helps too.

on 3/20/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this. I use it 2-3 times a week now (at night), although I began with just once a week. I use the 5% Alpha Hydroxy in the mornings and the other evenings. The bottle has lasted me a long time.

on 2/16/2012 12:06:00 AM

I really like this product and have noticed that my skin has been looking it's best since using Paula's Choice products.

on 2/8/2012 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A little expensive but for that result, i dont mind paying. It makes my skin looks so radiant and smooth the next morning. It dosent sting and i leave it overnight. I only use once a week. I realised the result is more dramatic if i apply a thick later but it does leave my cheeks feeling taut. If i apply a thin layer, its not as drying but the results are not as obvious as well so guess i will just apply thickly! Will be purchasing its full size! I bought many samples and im still using the first pack of samples!!

on 1/28/2012 8:53:00 PM

I've been using this for about a year and a half, and it appears to leave my skin smooth and well-conditioned. I don't have any wrinkles or fine lines, so I'm using this product pre-emptively. Also, I don't have particularly sensitive skin, so I can use it up to 3 times a week, but YMMV.

on 1/9/2012 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WARNING: Do NOT use this product more than once per week or during the week/before important events.

I recently purchased this because I like PC products and this one gets such great reviews that I had to try it myself. The first couple of times I used it I didn't see much of a difference; my skin looked a little bit different but nothing significant. I used it again last night, left it on over night (should not have done that, I should have washed it off). I didn't think much of it this morning when I applied foundation before going to work. After I looked closely in the mirror I was surprised to find that my cheeks and nose were really flaky. I immediately washed all the foundation off, scrubbed my face with Queen Helene scrub and thought I was all good. I applied a moisturizer the second time around prior to applying my foundation again. There was still a little bit of peeling around my nose but I didn't think it was a big deal. After being at work for 9 hours (I didn't check in the mirror once) I came home and was horrified. The entire area around my nose, cheeks, and lips was ALL FLAKES! I really, really hope that no one at work noticed because I looked like a freak, and it accentuated fine lines around my lips terribly. Nasty.
I washed my face again tonight and used the same QH scrub (gently) and applied a moisturizer. I am really hoping that my skin will be less flaky tomorrow. I can tell that this product works because it literally peeled off the very top layer of my skin revealing nice, soft and smooth skin underneath. But holy cow, I am never using this again on days I have to wear foundation (to work or out). It's a good product but definitely something that should be used sparingly. I am not sure whether or not I will repurchase at this point. I will wait to see long term results. This is very powerful stuff and I imagine does good things if used correctly.

Popular Treatments (Face)