MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 9/13/2010 3:58:00 AM

Great colour for everyday wear. Thought it would come out a bright matte pink, but is creamy and a quite a good colour for all skin tones. I'm a nc20 and it looks rather nice on my lips! new favourite.

on 9/11/2010 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A cute pink lipstick. Gives lips a believable pink sheen. I have NW20 skin and this is a cute color on me. Pretty boring of a color, but no complaints-- sometimes you need a normal color, not a "wow" color...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Without this lipstick I would be lovelorn. It is a pale pink thats perfect for daytime wear. The lustre finish makes it particularly wearable and is nice and creamy on the lips. I know it should not work the blue undertone which is much more suited to a paler skintone than mine, but it does and Its a perfect summery lipstick. MAC has a great range of pinks and this is a fab one!

on 9/6/2010 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely color on the right skintone which is not mine. Oh how I wish it looked good on my GGG skin but alas it is just too light. Drat! Very pretty cool baby pink -- lovely!

on 8/16/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I usually buy only peach and coral lipsticks because I thought I only look good with those colors, but today I went to MAC and decided to try on pink lipsticks. I tried Lovelorn and Chatterbox. Chatterbox was too bright for me so I decided to purchase Lovelorn and I'm really glad I did. Lovelorn is a very soft baby pink w/ blue undertone. I really like it. Most pink lipsticks wash me out, but Lovelorn really looks good on me! And I love that is a Lustre.

on 7/22/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

MAC has many similar pinks with different formulas in the permanent line and this is one of them. I found this lipstick on my lips very similar to Angel but more pink. It is deeper and more cool than Angel. Lustres is one of my favorite finishes and leaves my lips comfortable and soft. If you are a fan of pink lipsticks, try this one out. Since it is not limited edition, it is very accessible.

Lovelorn is such a pretty color for the summer. It has been in my collection for a while and I forgot about till about 2 weeks ago. I wear it everyday for the daytime and it's lovely. Such nice blue-pink color (as many have mentioned before me). Doesn't look crazy intense, just a nice wash of Barbie color. The texture is a lustre, which I love because they're smooth and hydrating.

on 7/4/2010 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a bright, blue-based lighter pink (Lustre formula). This looks lovely with my pale skin and a blush like Dollymix. Applies well and I've been using it with Subculture l/l. It's a bit more "bluer" than the Gaga lipstick but still in the same family. I have only worn this once but so far, I love it. Another great lipstick from MAC!

on 6/28/2010 12:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A cute light pink with blue undertone colour. The colour looks really pretty, but unfortunately it doesn't go well with my medium/warm complexion so I've got to be carefull with the rest of my makeup. It is ok if I use a minimal amount just to add a hint of colour, but it is quite sheer anyway. In my opinion I think it'll look really good on fair skin people or people with pale lips.
I don't know if I'd buy this again, I'm still trying to work out how to work this colour lol.. however I love the smell!!! Application is nice and smooth

on 5/19/2010 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I brought this the day I went to buy Viva Gaga but it was sold out. I was so sad but then this color just show up to me and yelling *take me home with you*. This is love at first sight. It looks so pretty in the tube and on me. I really like the finish of this, sheer, glossy and doesn't feel drying. Even though I love it, I took off 1 lippie because it does run out fast. Overall I would buy it again because I can't escape from it, every time I go to MAC looking for a new lipstick, this color always the first one pop into my eyes.

Popular Lipsticks