November 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Highlighters - Hard Candy - Glow All The Way in Doll Face

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by riceball406

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall I think this is a pretty good product. I bought it because it was compared to Benefit High Beam which I really want, but can't compare. Its pretty okay, can fade, does brighten up the skin and you have to use it moderately carefuly, it can also not seem to blend on the outer lines under fluorescent light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Doll Face is a pretty, pale pink, shimmery highlighter for face and body. Supposedly, its infused with 24k gold, but I can't detect any golden shimmer at all. If I look closely I can see a pink, green, and maybe white shimmer. Gold can be used to create a red pigment, so perhaps thats what the pink shimmer is.

I've used this on my cheekbones, temples, and jawline for a sheer shimmer which looks very pretty, but when I put a little bit of HC Moon Glow over it, it became very obvious, the same effect as when I use a shadow primer.

Overall, its very cheap, pretty, and does brighten my skin, and I'm interested to try the gold one, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes a fantastic highlighter, and it looks great on my skin (pale with cool undertones). I love using this as a reflective base for my eyeshadow. And of course I use a little on my cheeks, and sometimes my nose, chin, and cupid's bow. It has a good amount of shimmer, not glitter, and I prefer this to HC's Moon Glow powder. A very little amount goes a long way! Apply with a light hand for a gorgeous glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by CosmetiChemie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Such a steal for less than $10 at Wal-Mart. Years ago, Benefit Cosmetics had a product called "Jewels" and this one mimics "your place or vine"...except this doesn't have any golden undertones. I suspect that the Glamazon color does. I'll have to check it out.

It looks great on the body as well. It seems to last on the skin as well. Not at all heavy. Has no smell. Reflects light perfectly.

I will be buying this product again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

This is a pearly pink shimmer (not glitter) cream. It reminds me alot of Benefit High Beam. The good thing is you get a ton and its cheap so I think it would last forever (thats why I said I wouldn't buy again). Its very pretty but I think a light hand is a good idea when applying. You could really go overboard if not careful and then wind up looking funny. oh and the packaging is good (squeeze tube as opposed to bottle).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by tripoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am shocked...this stuff smells horrible!! Like rotting garbage!! O.O Perhaps I got an *off* tube, because if not, I'm sure the other reviewer would have mentioned it as well! Haha. It's a shame because this is very pretty - It's a pale pink tinted highlighter with fine/non tacky shimmer that can be used either on the face or body! No glitter chunks -yay! The texture is more thick and opaque than I expected - it will tint your skin pink if you are pale! I had to sheer it out with some lotion when I applied it to my body so I wouldn't look sunburned, but on the face the effect is pretty. I will not be using in large amounts on my body due to the smell, but small amounts on the face I can tolerate. Dabbed on the apples of the cheeks, it makes a lovely pale pink cream blush.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hard Candy Glow All The Way luminizing lotion is a Winter 2010 new release. It's designed for both face and body and comes in Glamazon Bronze (golden shimmer) and Doll Face (pink shimmer.) The colors are indicated by the colors of the tube. The mouth of the tube is sealed with foil, but many of the tubes in my Walmart had been molested, so be aware if you're interested in an untampered tube.

I had loathed, despised, abhorred, etc, Hard Candy Moon Glow luminizing powder for its obvious glitter sparkles, so I was a little wary of their new highlighters, but, much to my delight, the iridescent particles in the lotion are quite fine. Doll Face is particularly gorgeous. A little lighter than the pink tube, but much the same color--a muted, cotton candy pink. It goes on pretty sheer, but on my NW10 skin, the pink tint is still visible. It is surprisingly subtle on the face. There's a muted sweet scent but it's light and inoffensive. The lotion is lightweight, much like a normal facial moisturizer. It's not particularly oily and, thanks to the dimethicone, has a smooth, dry finish. Its major gimmick is that it has colloidal gold, which I suppose contributes to the iridescence. Wedding ring dust or not, it's a beautiful pink highlighter.

Hard Candy description: Apply to face and body for a luminous "in the spotlight" effect. Infused with 24 karat gold for a million dollar look. Illuminates all skintones with a pearlescent glow.

Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone,
triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, dimethiconol, feg-10 dimethicone, polymethylsilsesquioxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone/peg 10/15 crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, colloidal gold. May contain (+/-): mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), carmine (CI 75470).

It's made in the USA and HC products aren't tested on animals.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No