NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

on 3/10/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just picked up this blush at my local Nordstrom's without trying it because there was no tester available and even the lady at the counter tried to tell me that it would be too pale for me. But I had to try it for myself and I have to say that it is LOVE! I know that many reviewers are saying that it's only for fair skin but I'm NC35 for MAC and I60 in Shiseido but this blush is what I've been looking in a peach blush. At first i was in love with Nars Gilda but most times it was so pigmented that my blush would look overdone in the morning, I've tried Gina as well and that always ended up orange on my cheeks. This blush however is very buildable, at first when I apply it it looks like nothing but just give it a few minutes and it warms up on your face giving you the most natural beautiful peach flush, it kind of reminds me of Mac Fun and Games which I loved but found that it generally disappeared after a few hours (most MAC blushes tend to do that on me). Hopefully this becomes permanent because I've finally just found my HG peach blush!

on 3/10/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Alabaster in BB, #2 GA, N3 in SF, obviously very pale. I love this blush. It is a paler color and will not show up if you have darker skin (NW/NC20-25 is probably the limit). That doesn't mean darker girls should review it negatively, you know that a super pale blush shade isn't going to show on you. This applies best with my ecotools blush brush. It is a peachy-pink glow that gives me a peaches and cream complexion and doesn't accentuate any ruddiness in my skin. I don't need to pack this on either, it is quite pigmented and shows well. It is very finely milled and sinks right into the skin. I would definitely recommend this for pale skins but anyone over NW/NC 25, definitely put it on in store. BTW, hand swatches completely aren't accurate. It looks like pressed powder on my hand but the color really shows on my cheeks.

on 3/8/2011 3:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Unlike many other NARS blushes, I don't have to be as careful with Sex Appeal -- which is so light, it is not as easy to overdo it. I'm very fair (NW5-10, NARS Siberia), and Sex Appeal definitely shows up on my skin as a subtle, perky peach. It brightens my complexion and adds a bit of a glow. I love it on days where I am wearing heavier eye makeup, or even if I'm not -- it is very pretty on its own. I would definitely buy it again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this blush sight unseen before there was a single review on MUA. I left it untouched for at least a month because I was afraid it would not show up on me. I swatched it at Sephora and it was invisible on my hand despite my efforts to layer the swatches.

However, the color was so beautiful, I could not bare to return it without trying it on my face first. Boy, was I surprised at how much I loved this color. On the face, it is not invisible at all, but a beautiful matte peachy-pink, which looks like it radiates from within. Sex Appeal is gorgeous in the pan and on the face. I am a blush wh0re and I own nothing like it.

on 2/21/2011 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very disappointed in this. I just can't get this to show up on my skin at all, it's just far too pale and kind of chalky looking. Absolutely useless blush unless you are snow white.

Up for swap it goes!!

on 2/21/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Oh my, this is the most beautiful blush for us PPP. It works on both cold and warm skintones, it is impossible to overapply, and gives the most amazing, subtle glow. I have not found it the least bit chalky, just pure perfection.

As a reference I'm Mac NC15-20, with quite strong yellow undertones. My sister is about NC20-NW20, with neutral to pink undertones, and this looks very good on her as well.

on 2/9/2011 12:17:00 AM

I love this blush! Its a very pretty pale pink but if you put it over a coral creme blush or bronzer it appears more peach than pink. I like that it is matte too. It looks good on my pale skin, especially in winter!

on 2/6/2011 10:21:00 PM

Sex appeal is something you think you really really want but when you go to the store and see it you always talk yourself out of it because it looks even to pale for a vampire. I finally said screw it i want to try this because a person on youtube really liked it and she was close to the same color as I am. So I got it and I love it. I put a nars multiple underneath and it just pops sex appeal.

on 2/2/2011 1:54:00 PM

After reading reviews about this product, and even seeing it in person, I passed on this several times, until it was sold out and all my local Sephoras, of course. I figured it would be difficult to get it to show up on my skin, even though I am fair (I wear MAC C2 studio fix powder, although I'm pretty sure whoever colour matched me like 10 years ago was nuts since I'm fair and cool and not olive in complexion, and I can wear MUFE HD foundation in 117 & 120. My usual blush is NARS Orgasm). So I went into a newish beauty store recently and saw they sold NARS. I was clearly in the mood to spend $$ and asked about Sex Appeal, even though it was no longer on display. There was one left, so I bought it without trying it on and LOOOOOVE it! I'm not porcelain, but I am fair and this shows up on me very well without layering it. It's matte, and it shows up pinky peach on me. In fact, if I layer it up too much, I look a bit like a clown! This was so far from what I expected based on the reviews! It's natural and pretty - this exactly what I need for when I want to wear more colour on my lips, and put less emphasis on my cheeks.

I'm in the minority, but I love NARS packaging. It's very slim and doesn't take up much room, and I've dropped my orgasm blush a billion times and it's never shattered - I think the rubber-ish exterior must absorb some impact. The rubbery stuff doesn't wear down and look "old", and since i'm very tidy with my make-up, I've never had issues with it "attracting all powder in sight"!

So happy with my impulse must-buy-it-because-it's-the-last-one purchase! I always thought there could never be any need for more than one blush, but there is room for 2 in my life :)

on 1/30/2011 10:33:00 PM

As an enthusiast of NARS Desire blush shade, I figured I wouldn't be too moved by other blush colors in his line because I love the vibrant candy pink matte pop of color Desire imparts on my cheeks. BUT I was taken with the subtle peachy matte prettyness of Sex Appeal that I had to take a second look at this product. Well, long story short, I purchased this color and it's beautiful. I tried it layered on top of Desire, and that worked; I also used it on its own and it worked beautifully as well. I'd recommend this to fair complected ladies like myself if you're into matte blushes with staying power. You can't go wrong with any blush from NARS, but this color is definitely wonderful for anyone who appreciates matte finishes and beautiful and clean color on their cheeks.

Top Rated NARS Products