April 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I really like the formulation of these lipsticks. They are creamy and don't dry my lips. Unfortunately this color is too purple for my skin tone. Because I don't want to waste, I just put a bright pink lip gloss over and it is perfect. I'll buy more of these lipsticks, just not this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this colour because it's new and it was on sale. I haven't made up my mind about it yet. It's definitely a fashion colour - nothing subtle about it - so be forewarned! The pink does have a touch of lavendar in it, and it's more like a MAC colour than anything I've worn before from Revlon. I find it to be very in your face pink. I like a matte look, but this lipstick is drying so I'm going to apply a dab of pink gloss on top, not for shine, just to keep my lips comfortable. The high density pigment pops, I was really shocked when I first put it on. I have fair skin (not porcelain), still this lipstick is very bright on my face. So I haven't made up my mind yet. Neither instand love nor hate, so even though I paid $4.99 for it I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is alot more lavender than it looks in the tube. It reminds me of MAC's Lavender Whip--in that family.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Beautiful shade of pink with a hint mauvish-lilac color.Love the softness of the color~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Revlon lipsticks. The packaging is always very sleek and black looking. The formulas are always on point. This color, of course, is no exception! The color reminds me of the discontinued "Pink Pout" from their matte lipstick line. However, it is more on the pinky/lilacy side and Pink Pout is more of a dusty rose. It's definitely not a long wearing lipstick but you can easily fix that with a lip liner. And to be quite frank, I don't mind reapplying this at all. I would recommend using this on lips that have been exfoliated because it can bring out any dry bits or lines you may have.
I will repurchase though I think this might be a LE lipstick from spring 2011. Not too sure though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! It's MLBC - my lips but cooler. I was worried this would pull too lavender next to my neutral/warm skin, but I think it looks fantastic. I wish the coverage was a little less sheer, because I have pretty pigmented lips and it shows through the lipstick. I think the sheer semi-glossy finish of this lipstick makes it more comfortable to wear though (I'm usually a lip balm only girl) so I can't really complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite lipstick! I loved this at first... wear? Ha-ha! As others have mentioned, it is a beautiful lilac-pink color. I wasn't expecting the lilac tint in it but it's actually very flattering on my fair, neutral skin. I wear this nearly everyday and I don't think that the lilac is too overpowering or obvious. It's really just an everyday, my lips but better kind of pink that perks up my face and it great for any occasion. I don't know if this is limited edition (I work at Walgreens and we have them on the wall with all of the permanent colors) but if it is, I will be stocking up for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed in this. The color in the tube is TOTALLY different than when you apply it. It appears as a darkish rose color but when applied, it is a light pinky lavendar tint. Not that pigmented and very drying at first, until you get it going a bit, so to speak. It is almost identical to Revlon Matte lipstick in Pink Pout,which I have and dont' need two colors alomost identical!! GRRRR. So, back to the store it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read raves about this - apparently limited edition - color in some fashion magazines. I wanted to see it, but i couldn't find it anywhere. So i was happy to find it in an ULTA a couple days ago. One can't test Revlon colors, and although the top is clear, one doesn't get a good look at the color that way, but it looked like a nice pink, so i bought it.

Unfortunately, after trying this on, it turned out not to be a MLBB color for me, being both lighter and bluer than my natural lip color, nor was it extreme enough to be a fashion color - like some MAC lip colors. So far my MLBB color remains L'Oreal "Gilded Pink". I will still try Primrose again with different makeup to find a way to make it work for me, now that i have it.

Revlon and L'Oreal are my favorite DS lipsticks: great range of colors, moist and creamy going on. Yeah, they don't last as long as some HE lipsticks, but at $5 to $7 (US) they're significantly less than moderate to luxury brands at $14 to $50 or more, and for casual wear i really do like them. So it still gets 4 lippies, even though it isn't the color for me, because it's a good lipstick and a color i'm sure will work for others.