October 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by tsurikichi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

The first thing I love about this product is that you can get a lot for around 5 dollars. I think it's around 3 dollars in the states, but where I come from it's from 4-5 dollars but can go on sale for around 3 dollars.
Anyway, I love the product, because it controls the oil production on my face, and it leaves a fresh minty feel on my skin after I rinse it. I absolutely love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Charlilly16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had this product for a while and for the most part I really enjoy it. This mask is incredibly affordable and the giant tube has lasted me a long time using it about once a week. The smell of mint and lemon is pleasant and does not bother me at all. I find that it does a very good job at drying out blemishes and leaving my skin feeling incredibly clean and refreshed. However, I have found that if I leave it on for more than 10-15 minutes it has a tenency to become a bit painful and too drying for the drier areas of my face. For this reason I tend to use this on days that I feel particularly oily and would not recommend this to peole with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I recommend this to anyone that has acne issues. For the price, you can't lose. I love the lemony clean scent. This truly feels like it opens, cleans, then closes my pores.

Update: Now that I have a Clarisonic Mia 2, I use it before applying the mask. Now I am changing my review from a 4 to a 5. The only reason I didn't think this was amazing before was because my face wasn't totally clean before applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

During the summer, I use this mask when I notice my skin is starting to break out. During the winter, I use it less frequently. The result is still the same. My skin feels very clean after using it. It seems to draw out impurities and reminds me of a nice spa treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by girlyandpretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, the scent is refreshing without being overbearing. I always get a kik out of seeing myself with a green face and the mask works wonders, my usually crater like pores lok cleaner and smaller than ever. It's also wonderful because it soaks up all of the oil from my oil-slick of a face. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Sugarmints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty good mask for the price. It does its job and my face feels brighter and cleaner afterwards. If you have any pimples, you can try putting some of this stuff to dry it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

One of my two favorite masks from Freeman c: the other being the Avocado one.
This one, though, makes my face so much brighter. I love it! The radiance is amazing, probably because of the lemon, and the price just can't be beat. Most places I can get a tube for two bucks on sale (and it's always on sale in Ulta, really). I love that it has no animal ingredients and that the company is cruelty-free. Great price, great company, great products...

Just try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a big tube of this Lemon Mint Mask when I was on vacation about a year ago and I still have not sorted out my feelings on the product. But I guess I will give it a try.
Pros: Leaves face smooth, Pores seem smaller, brings impurities to the surface.
Cons: Next day face feels slightly more oily then normal, a couple new pimples (because of the impurities brought to the surface).
I leave this on until it is mostly dry. I have (very dry and very oily) combination skin, and it is pretty harsh on both. My face is oily the next day (but on the plus side I don't have flakey, dried out skin, as per normal). I like that it brings my impurities to the surface so they don't brew and erupt during stressful times, but at the same time who wants to deal with spots? Even if it is only a few. I think I'm going to try either a different Freeman's mask or a different brand all together.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I have tried this in the chocolate-strawberry and really liked it, but since I have combination/acne prone skin and it was Summer I thought I would try this. The smell is very pleasant and it was really cool seeing all the oil/dirt/who knows absorbed from the pores on my nose when this dries. After rinsing, my skin looks brighter and feels softer and smoother. I wouldn't say this makes my pores smaller (I haven't found anything that has yet) and is difficult to rinse off. This is a great buy for $4 CDN, it comes in a large tube that will take a very long time to use up. I will definitely try the other masks by this brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cmalinow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I generally don't use TOO many drugstore brand skincare products anymore (as I've recently become obsessed with the Kate Somerville line found at Sephora), and this mask is a perfect example of why I stay away from cheap skincare products. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not totally against drugstore brand skincare lines, which is why I picked up this product from Walmart the other day. I use other Freeman products (I love their pomegranate sugar scrub!) and, after reading some reviews online, I was interested in picking up this clay mask. I've used clay masks before and this one was very similar to the others I've previously used - it tightens as it dries rather quickly. The scent of the mask was quite pleasant at first, but as soon as I put it the mask on my face, the scent was overwhelming and immediately irritated my eyes. I only left the mask on for 5 minutes and then I washed it off. The one thing I did enjoy was that the dirt in any clogged pores on my nose was lifted to the surface and, after quickly using a Biore nose strip, I noticed that the pores on my nose were smaller. HOWEVER, I woke up the next morning and had 3 new, extremely painful cystic pimples on the area of my chin and jaw. As I previously mentioned, I have been using the Kate Somerville skincare line (found at Sephora) for the past month, and my face - which is typically acne-prone - has been pimple-free. I am extremely upset to say that after using this Freeman Mint & Lemon Facial Clay Mask, this is no longer the case. For the past 2 days, my skin has been red, irritated, and blotchy! I have already gone through the "purging" of my pores after beginning the use of the Kate Somerville skincare line last month, so I know that this is not simply my pores purging in any form. I have immediately discontinued the use of this mask and I do not recommend it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No