October 26, 2014 | 1401 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser and am almost halfway through my second bottle. My skin is very clog/acne prone and I do not experience any breakouts from this product. I find it to be gentle yet effective. I had no idea how irritating other facial cleansers were for me until I started using this! I use this every night after pre-cleansing with oil and this routine has worked very well for me. However, I would not recommend this for those with dry skin - I think it would make your skin drier.

The product comes in a fairly large pump bottle which I like and have had no issues with. Pricewise, this is also great. The bottle is big and lasts for quite some time.

I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sashax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and love it so far. I have oily skin and am very prone to clogged pores, blackheads, and sometimes cystic zits. I wanted to try something on the milder side than what I normally use in attempt to minimize the oiliness. Usually, that means sacrificing cleansing power, my face not feeling cleansed or "fresh" enough, and usually a breakout of some kind. This strikes the perfect balance. It lathers well, I don't feel like I've left anything behind, but my face doesn't feel totally stripped, and my skin looks clearer and even. The packaging is great with a pump, but my only complaint would be that it's hard to travel with because of it's large size. I got it around 11 USD and see it lasting for a good while. It totally lives up to it's claims for me and am very pleased with it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the face wash I've been looking for. I was using the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser which is nice but I just didn't feel was cleansing enough to remove liquid makeup and I had a lot of breakouts happening. I switched to Alpha Hydrox Foaming which got my face clean and dried it out pretty bad. This was the perfect medium. It foams but not overly so. It makes my skin feel clean but not stripped. I use it alone, with a silicone scrubber or with a Clarisonic Mia. I still have to use makeup remover on my eyes to get off my eye makeup but this finishes the job up nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Jyces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is cleanser is excellent. It removes all signs of make-up, and does not make the skin feel dry or irritated. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is also excellent, but has a hard time removing make-up. Give this a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by violetp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So much irritation :( After only using it once, my eye got swollen and I developed a rash and irritation induced bumps around my eye. I also broke out after staying clear for awhile :( The PARABENS in this formula are evil. For the record, I have oily, sensitive skin. I think drugstore cleansers have lost the idea of what "sensitive" should be because Cetaphil, CeraVe, Purpose, and Basic have all broken me out. The only thing that works for me is Olay's 7-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

Acne - free because of this cleanser!!! My regimen includes:
Make up remover
Cerave foaming cleaser
Clarasonic
Cerave pm moisturizer
Retin-a

I wish i heard about you a long time ago so you could have save me money, acne scars and time! But i love anyway and you are a sent from heaven!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Kodahlovesmakeup

Best. Face wash. Ever! My dermatologist recommended this for me and I must say... Amazing. It takes off all my makeup and leaves my face clean without feeling stripped. (This is a cleanser I'll be using for a LONG time.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I'm finally done searching for a proper cleanser. This one removes makeup (if I'm not wearing too much), deep cleans, and doesn't strip my skin at all. Gentle, but means business. For the first time in months, my skin has finally become clear. I highly recommend this unassuming brand of skincare products for people who are frustrated with minimal yet constant breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this cleanser due to the good reviews and because I love the Cerave cream and lotion. While it does to a good job cleansing, it was a bit harsh for my sensitive skin, and did leave me with that tight, dry feeling. Though my skin is oily, I use tretinoin which makes it more sensitive. I also tried Olay's foaming sensitive skin cleanser, which is a hit for me, and I continue to use that and oil cleansers when I use more makeup and sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

I have been using this cleanser for 2 weeks now after I suffered from a major hormonal outbreak on my chin due to my pregnancy. I wear makeup everyday and this stuff does a great job at removing it, even my mascara.
I first wash my face with just the cleanser and my hands, then I rinse. I always wash my face a second time with my Clarisonic as well to make sure I get everything off my face before bed.
This cleanser works perfectly with the Clarisonic. My face feel fresh and non-irritated. Most oil-free cleansers would leave my face feeling tight and uncomfortable, but this stuff does not.

I follow it up with an oil-free toner and the Cerave moisturizer.
This stuff is WAY better than Cetaphil!