October 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this exclusively for months and repurchased it once in that time. I have to say, the "will grow your lashes" claim did not seem real to me, my lashes looked no different. For that I will knock off a lippie, since that's the main claim this mascara makes.

HOWEVER, I do like the mascara itself! I've moved on to something that is more dramatic, but I will still reach for this. Sometimes I will even use this first, to give me length and separation, then use a more volumizing mascara over it. It gives more length, but not really much volume. Very black, separates well, I never have clumping or dryness/flakiness, and it just feels very smooth. It is one of the "smoothest" feeling mascara I have ever used - it glides on so easily, like it's very wet, but it doesn't run or transfer like really wet mascaras do.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by VanessaHuynh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible! This mascara was a waste of money for me. I have long but straight lashes. Even if I have curled them beforehand, this mascara makes them droopy and faced towards the floor. It gives no volume as well as length ... The only thing it did is painting my lashes black. That's it! I don't know if it really grows your lashes longer after a month, but for me, once try is too much for me to give it another go. Wouldn't recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara. I have short, thin lashes. While I'm not sure if it grows my lashes as it promises, it definitely feels like it conditions them. It's a buildable and separating. If you want super thick/dramatic lashes or a super volumizing mascara, I don't think this will be for you. It's a good daytime mascara. It separates my lashes quite well, and it's not thick or goopy or anything. It kinda loses its intensity after a couple of hours (I don't have the waterproof one). I like this mascara, though! Still on the hunt for HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Rlarkin

This really lengthens my lashes. I love it! It doesnt dry very quickly. It does wash off easily...so much black around my eyes once it's wet- for me that's a pro tho as I don't want to scrub my eyes to death to get makeup off.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by CaribbeanBeauty

I have found my favorite mascara. This has made my lashes pop and it makes them darker. I don't need fake eyelashes anymore..I can just wear this. I will repurchase this. I took of a star because it doesn't glide smoothly and it sort of tugs my lashes..there can be some clumps as well other than that..it made my lashes longer and beautiful :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ren_kr

My next favorite mascara (both high and low end, with my first being loreal's volume mascara). It initially has a runny watery formula, but after a few months it gets thicker, which by now I know that I am playing the devils advocate and with fire by keeping this in my bag. I swear my lashes are longer now due to its gentle formula that is easily washed off. Of course I keep away from this for big events or any events where sweating would necessitate a water proof free mascara. I loved this so much that I had kept mine for 2 years now and now that it's pretty much a goner...clumpy and the screw top broke, I just purchased the volume accelerator and I am hoping its just as good. Luckily I've had no adverse reaction from neither the formula or my prolonged usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by unicornlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this one, even though I don't believe it actually made my lashes grow more volumous. But it did make my lashes stand out more, the color is very dark.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on sale, completely sucked in by the prospect of longer lashes. Even though I was skeptical about whether it would do anything, I couldn't resist giving it a go...$10AUD for longer lashes without doing anything outside my normal routine seemed pretty awesomet!

The only problem is that whatever is in this mascara, whether it's the growth accelerator or something else, really irritates my eyes. By the end of every day, my eyes were sore, scratchy and red. And if I had to take off my make up and reapply to go out after work, the sandy feeling just got worse. It looked like I had a really bad case of hayfever, and because I get quite bad hayfever, I thought for a few days it was just normal allergies, or the aircon at work. I didn't notice any change in my lashes, but I gave up after about a fortnight so that could be why.

The formula was also very wet and took ages to dry. My lashes aren't overly long, but I found the mascara transferred everywhere for about 20 minutes after. I thought it made my lashes look quite nice, and could be applied lightly or heavily which was good. But the discomfort, good price and mess just aren't enough for me to want to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by x3foreverangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews for this mascara. I love this mascara. It really does make your lashes grow! I have asian lashes so they're pretty much nonexistent but thanks to this mascara, my lashes are visible now!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by irishgreeneyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Bad: Nothing unless $9.00 to $10.00 is not in your price range for drugstore products.

TheGood: This product delivers what the claims state. Prior to Christmas I bought another 'new product" which claimed to give you Millions of Lashes. I also bought it for my adult daughter.
I had to go purchase THIS brand yesterday because I was tired of hoping for a better result with my Christmas Mascara.

Rimmel does not clump and I am clump prone. My Lashes with this product have always appeared to be salon applied.
I dont know about you, but IF you are tired of your basket or drawer filled with mascara that doesnt deliever what it claims to go out and try this. It will not disappoint.
I have learned my lesson "the mascara isnt better with impressive TV adds"...I'll stick with what works.