MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 11/28/2014 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I ever used. Is it my HG? I haven't decided, but it is the best I have used thus far. This is my night foundation or if I have want to look my best during the day for a social event. I wouldn't recommend for everyday daily use for running errands since it is a little heavy and zero SPF. The coverage is GREAT. It isn't too much where it looks cakey but covers enough to look flawless especially after powder. It has a nice dewy affect as well. It can get oily but that is what powder touch ups are for! Also, it does require touch ups every few hours since it is not full coverage and can look spotty. I would definitely recommend for normal skin, no acne, and even skin tone. Enjoy looking fabulous!

on 11/20/2014 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This foundation is very close to being my HG foundation and believe me - I've tried MANY foundations. So the lowdown is, it's good for oily skin because it lasts. If it's going to be a big night out I still use a primer, but hey, I'm super oily. It matches my skin well, though it does have that slight orange-y tint that is characteristic of MAC bases and another issue I have is that it doesn't necessarily spread all the evenly, so you gotta WORK it with the brush if you don't want it to streak. But really for an oily girl, this foundation is a godsend. Try it if you've still been looking and color wise, MAC should have something that works. I bought NC35 and NC40 and mix and match depending on how strong my tan is.

on 11/17/2014 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This foundation really is long wear and that's why I like it. It lasts longer than any foundation I have ever used, and is medium-full coverage I'd say. The only problem I have with it is that the lightest shade is still too dark for me.

on 11/17/2014 9:17:00 AM

This product broke me out horribly....definitely going to return this.

on 10/27/2014 4:56:00 AM

DO NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION (If you guys like this foundation, I'm very sorry about it. I would give this a 0 if I can. This is my personal opinion :/)!!!!!
I got the shade in NC35 and I was trying it in the mac counter. It was fine, I was happy about the finish and the coverage it gives. So, I bought it and I was walking around the shopping centre for 30-40 mins. I was looking at myself in the mirror. The next minute, I look ORANGE. Literally, ORANGE. I'm not happy about this foundation and I wasted my money on this product. I'm not happy about their formulation. It looks like I've done a really bad fake tan on my face. Also, it rubs off around the nose and the cheek areas in an hour or 2. Let me just do a run down of the foundation by doing a pros and cons:
Pros:
- Nice finish and coverage
Cons:
- Oxides like crazy (ORANGE, It looks ORANGE on me.)
- Broke me out like crazy, I got 2-3 pimples, normally I don't get a lot of pimples.
- Rubs off when you touch it (Suppose to be a long lasting foundation :/)

Just to let everyone know, I bought this foundation ages ago (Last year). Every time I try this foundation, I break out like crazy and I look like an umpa lump. I brought 6 products back to mac and I was so heartbreaking that I wasted my money on this crap.

on 10/21/2014 5:02:00 PM

I bough this product hoping it would be my HG. I have combo oily skin and primer has not prevented oil from appearing after just one hour of make up application. I was told this make up would last all day and stay dry. Unfortunately it came off my face too easy and left my face with a blotchy/patchy look as the coverage was so thick that it was very noticeable where the make up had rubbed off and where I still had make up on my face. It doesn't have enough shades to provide a perfect skin color match and I have to say that while it looked flawless after application it did not stay on as flawless as I expected it. It simply not make up for "real life". Although it is a heavy make up it did not provide the coverage of blemishes I expected. I was very disappointed to say the least.

on 10/21/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The first day I put this on my face I was INLOVE, the second day, not so much. I feel like I wanted to love it so badly that I ignored the fact it dries unbelievably fast, the texture of the foundation was quite sticky feeling and it was actually hard to apply. This foundation does however give my face a flawless glow, I mean I GLOW. I have patchy, red, oily, acne prone skin and this foundation makes my skin look AMAZING. Granted you do have to add a little more foundation over top of your blemishes but this foundation is build-able so that isn't a problem at all. I set it by dusting some loose powder and a finishing spray (because this does make my skin a little dry, which I defiantly am NOT) and it stays all day. No touch ups needed, I leave all my concealer, powder, EVERYTHING at home and I don't have a care in the world. Props to Mac for making this foundation have amazing staying power. This will definitely be my HG foundation, I just wish it applied smoother like there other foundations.

on 10/11/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to swear by this foundation as it was the first one I had come across that didn't literally fall off my face due to my oiliness. It has superb staying power when applied on top of a primer and set with a powder (I use skinfinish natural). After around a month of daily use it started to feel heavy and cakey on my face and I decided to look for something with the same staying power but less heavy and since then I have swapped back to my old HG Revlon colorstay which is very comparable to this foundation. Overall a good foundation for an oily skin but can at times feel too much for daily wear.

on 10/2/2014 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After getting tired of using the same Mac Matchmaster foundation, I decided to switch to something new. Trying out the Pro Longwear Foundation. First time put it on my face with my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush, a lot of patches. The foundation dry very fast. The next day, I applied it on again, I am so happy that it went well. I realized that I did not apply it properly. I set it with my Mac MSF in Medium Dark, even better. The con is, the foundation does not cover my acne spots well, so you have to use a concealer. Overall, I am satisfied :)

on 9/30/2014 10:15:00 AM

I have an oily/dry skin combo. After I started with acne medication my chin, cheeks and "outer" forehead got flaky and dry. I exfoliate and use embryolisse lait-creme the night before I use this, and my face looks good. It's a buildable coverage, but I use the matching concealer as well, and I absolutely love this. Worth the money!

It stays on for hours, even while I'm sweating. It's great for oily skin, definitly try this out! Love the classic glass-packaging with a pump as well. Just overall a great, great product.

EDIT: have grown to not like it at all. It makes my skin look streaky and disgusting no matter what I do. The color looked kinda grey-ish and I just looked sick and unusually pale. I still like the formula but on my skin it didn't look good.

EDIT 2: the color isn't so bad after all. However: the formula stinks. After 6 hours the the foundation is left in my pores (Yes I use a primer) and leaves "white" dots on my face. It isn't matte enough. I am very dissapointed, and will NOT buy this again. Horrible foundation. I wanted to like it so much.

EDIT 3: Formula seems to set in my pores. It stays all day, highlights dry areas though so be aware and moistruize at night and maybe in the morning if you need it. The color is ok, blends nicely. But again, even though I use a primer, this seems to set in my pores and make me look stupid. Maybe I'll try it with another primer, because it doesn't move at all and it IS a good longwear foundation.

Video Reviews & Tutorials