The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Piroctone Olamine, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Honey, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Birch Bark, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Citral, Citronellol, Oakmoss, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol.

on 7/14/2004 8:25:00 PM

This shampoo didn't do much for my scalp after a while, which is why I didn't buy it again when I ran out. But it has the BEST smell and turns my hair so silky-smooth that I don't even have to comb it after washing.

on 4/9/2004 2:33:00 PM

Been using this shampoo for years - I really like the spicy ginger scent. However i find that in comparison to other products(drugstore) it is pretty expensive

I think it's an okay product if a little too drying still for my dry permed hair. But it's my mum's HG shampoo. She bought bottles after bottles cos' it doesn't give her dandruff. She's allergic to most shampoo but this works great for her. She likes the smell too cos' it's not sweet. UPDATE: ARgh... it's discontinued... My Mum is really troubled.

on 2/2/2004 11:50:00 AM

Love the smell, it works very well as a regular shampoo - but does nothing for my scalp. If they didn't claim it was anti-dandruff I'd give it a five. However, it's no more expensive than The Body Shop's other shampoos, so I might buy it again.

on 11/13/2003 5:01:00 AM

Mmmmm...I LOVE the ginger smell of this shampoo! (A very welcome change from the blue Heads and Shoulders!) It's a very light fragrance that doesn't stay in your hair long, so it's also good for people who aren't big ginger fans.

I use this alternately with my normal shampoo to keep my scalp itch- and flake-free. It doesn't strip my hair, and is priced fairly reasonably ($AUD15.30 for 250 mL)!

on 10/5/2003 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My boyfriend uses this shampoo and it's really working for him. He had very irritated dry scalp and quite some dandruff. After using this shampoo, the irritation was gone and the dandruff controlled to a minimum.

on 7/27/2003 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sometimes my hair goes through phases of getting dandruff, especially if my hair is greasy, and I've found this stuff clears it right up. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems like this doesn't just work as long as you use it. If I start getting dandruff, I might only use this once or twice, the dandruff will stop, and then it'll be months before I'll need to use it again. Also, the scent is great (if you like ginger).

on 6/7/2003 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I occasionally get dandruff and found that this shampoo was really effective in controlling flakes. However, I felt that this shampoo was rather drying and left somewhat of a film in my hair so that my hair was left dull and dry.

on 1/24/2003 10:30:00 AM

I really like this shampoo. My scalp tends to get itchy and tight in the winter, and this stuff is so moisturizing. It makes my hair extra shiny, and makes my scalp feel nice too. The scent is really great too – very similar to Origins Ginger Essence perfume. My boy friend uses it too, and has also had very good results. I have bought this product repeatedly, and it has never failed to impress.

I love this shampoo any little flakes I have were considerable lessened. Plus it smells like gingerbread cookies! This is my fave bodyshop shampoo. I rec it for someone with dry flaky scalp that likes the scent of gingerbread.

Popular Shampoos