MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/21/2015 9:48:00 PM

Been using this alongside my pro longwear foundation & mineralised powder. Looks lovely and doesn't dry my skin out at all. It's really thick and gives an even coverage. Only con is the packaging, the pump releases wayyyyyy too much, the women on the MAC counter gave me a small pot to put left overs in which is really helpful!

on 5/20/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this concealer. great coverage. creases a little under the eye. you can feel it so its not that light. havent found a better concealer though. i broke it when i dropped it on my linoleum floor. the glass shattered. wish it was stored in something else

on 5/18/2015 4:30:00 AM

I love this concealer, only it creases really bad on me. I find that if you use the right under eye powder it sets beautifully. I dislike the packaging, as its glass and easy to smash. Be careful.

on 5/17/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive and acne prone skin. The MAC Pro Longwear concealer gave me the worst break out I've ever had. I tried this concealer several times and fell in love with the coverage and creaminess so I decided to buy it. I don't find this product to be as longlasting as it claims to be but that wasn't the worst point. After my first full day of use, my skin was very red, itchy, dry and filled with forming pimples. The pump on this concealer is horrible as well, it's difficult to control and the product sets fairly fast so it can be a tricky product to work with. And not only that, my bottle seemed like it had a fifth of the product missing when I took it out of the box. I really wanted to love this concealer because of its sleek bottle, buildable coverage and decent price point but I will definitely not be repurchasing something as harmful to my skin as this concealer.

Olive NC20-25 for reference. Bought this in NC20 and I'm tempted to call it HG.

It definitely does not crease on me; this is the first concealer I've used that I can wait to set instead of setting immediately after I blend, and I've also got issues with concealer fading throughout the day. NC20 matches my skintone almost exactly--it is a little lighter but oxidizes a bit to make it a perfect match. It lasts over twelve hours (I put this on before 6am and it still looks perfect when I get home) and covers up my undereye darkness really well. I am slightly olive and don't need something to counteract blueness because my undereyes are just dark and not blue. An SA tried NW20 on me in-store and it looked too pink and unnatural, then I matched myself using my hands and bought NC20 a little blindly, but it is perfect. I do put on a sheer concealer that it too orangey and dark prior to this when I can remember though, because the coverage isn't perfect and it helps to have the orange underneath.

I use a beauty blender to blend this in as even though the texture is liquidy, it is hard to blend otherwise with fingers or a brush. The moisture of the sponge helps to keep it emollient and not tug on your eye area too much.

I don't like that the packaging gets so dirty so easily (my NARS blushes/eyeshadows are cleaner than this) and the pump obviously tends to give you too much product. I break out from dimethicone high on the ingredients list, but this has it a little lower and therefore doesn't activate any acne for me! Will repurchase because this is a great use of $20.

This product covers better than anything else I have ever used. It even covers my extremely dark under-eye circles. It is about $20 a bottle, so it's pretty pricey. But it lasts a while. The packaging could be better. It takes some practice to use the pump without dispensing way more than you need, and I ended up wasting a lot of product at first.

on 5/10/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This will forever be my favorite concealer. I have tried high end and drugstore concealers for my horrible dark circles and this is the only thing that has ever worked.

What I Love:
-the texture, it's a somewhat liquidy texture, yet easy to blend and work with.
-the finish, it dries fast to a matte finish and it stays put all day.
-NO CREASING or FADING.. I didn't think there was a concealer in existence that didn't crease under the eyes but this one doesn't. It also doesn't crease in my smile lines. I also suffer from occasional dryness under my eyes and it doesn't look cakey or dry.
-the coverage, I would definitely consider this a full coverage. All I need is one pump and it covers both my under eyes and whatever is left over I use to cover any blemishes or redness. One layer is all I need.
-the packaging. I love the pump bottle concept, more hygienic and the pump doesn't get clogged with product. It always dispenses the perfect amount.
-the shade selection; lots of colors to pick from. wasn't hard to find my right color.
-no bad reactions. I break out from almost everything, but this caused no breakouts or irritation.

What I Don't Love:
-the price really is the only downfall (20 dollars). Considering I do use it almost every day I do run out of it quite fast and I wish I could find a dupe but I have not been successful yet. Even though I wish it were cheaper, I do believe that you get what you pay for.

on 5/10/2015 7:24:00 AM

Ah, another MAC product that just doesn't live up to its claims. I was recommended this at the MAC counter because I have fine lines appearing under my eyes (sob!) and I was told that this wouldn't crease too much. Utter lies! I put it on and my husband actually said that I looked as though I had aged 10 years! I persevered with it for a few weeks, but eventually gave up, as it felt heavy under my eyes and I could feel it wrinkling up every time I smiled. On the up-side, it is buildable and covers well, but is way too drying and prone to exaggerating lines for anyone in their forties. It would probably be a really good choice for the twenty-somethings. Oh well, my daughter will be pleased that she's getting MAC freebies again!!!

Really don't understand the hype over this product.
Firstly the lightest colour for my undertones (NW15) is to dark for my fair skin and after a short while oxidises even darker! MAC have such huge range of colours I would have thought they would have had shades for very fair skin tones.
The pump is an absolute pain with the amount of products it gives. I get that the packaging gives it a very professional look but it's just impractical.
despite many rave raviews about it concealing dark circles and blemishes it did not do that for me. My dark circles were still quite visible under the product and my my under-eye area was not at all brightened, instead they were very dull and matte and my blemishes were not concealed well at all. It is also quite cakey-looking and extremely drying under the eye; a really horrible look. If you do plan on buying this ask for a sample to try it out but I would not recommend this.

on 5/8/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I do think this product is worth the hype because it's one of the best concealers overall. It pretty much ticks all the boxes. It isn't a perfect concealer, but when you factor in the concealer and all it's attributes, the amount you get and how long it lasts, and the price... It's truly an undeniably great product. Favorite part about it is definitely how long it wears before it creases into my fine lines around my eyes, and least favorite part is that pump. ( For the most part I only use this under my eyes and around my nose. It works nicely on blemishes but I prefer studio finish concealer for that. )

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin