October 1, 2014 | 1820 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mermanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the flawless finish this gives me. I can honestly tell the difference when I forget to use it. This powder, dusted on with a kabuki brush ever so lightly on top of my foundation, highlighter and blush, gives a great polished look -- and gives me a nice glow.

The one thing I don't like about this is the delivery system. You are supposed to be able to get the perfect amount from the one tiny hole in the center by gently pressing down on it. This was true at first but now that I've used about a fourth of the product, I am finding it is getting harder to dispense. I can only imagine it will get worse as I continue to use it. I do appreciate that it keeps the powder in the container where it belongs... but maybe they can tweak the design a little to make it easier to dispense.

Despite the delivery system, I will definitely rebuy. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mrshall28

This stuff is great. It lasts a really long time. I have had mine for 9 months and have plenty left and I use it almost every day. It controls shine very wells and I need to use very little. I dislike how hard it can be to get the powder out. Can take a little work.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nfatima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the hype about this product I went and picked up the powder. The packaging is inventive because it controls how much product comes out of the little hole. But the product didnt do anything for my super shiny face! sure after applying it looked matte as with any other powder but within an hour my face was shiny like always. So i wouldnt waste $28 on this product cuz its not worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ldavid

By far the BEST finishing powder available right now. This powder makes my face smooth, silky, soft, shine-free, minimizes my pores and gives a healthy glow. I apply a good face primer(peter thomas roth instant unwrinkle) and wear this on top and it gives my face a fresh, natural look.
The container is great because it doesn't put out too much product. It's a little pricey but it lasts a long time. I've tried all the best powders out there; MUFE HD, Smashbox, etc and this comes in first with "It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores" coming in a close second. I will continue to repurchase this product and hope that it doesn't get discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so happy I found this product. Tarte is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands and I knew I needed a new powder to take the place of my Make Up For Ever HD Finishing Powder. This is a very close dupe. It has the ultra fine texture that evens out your skin tone and sets your makeup for hours. My only gripe is the packaging. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get the product out of one single hole in the packaging. It finally occured to me to press down on the sides of the sifter and the product will dispense out the hole. DUH! No biggie though. I am loving Tarte and can see myself buying this again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In my opinion, this powder gives a slightly more natural finish than the MUFE microfinish powder, their oil control ability is very similar, This works best if the makeup applied before this powder is done nicely, since the powder can accentuate dry skin patches. This powder is supposed to be "good for skin" but I didn't see much change in my skin condition after using this for around 3 months. The tiny hole from which the powder comes out distributes just the right amount for each application with a large powder brush, since you only need very little. It can also make your neck look flawness if you put it over any makeup on the neck area. Also, it comes with a huge amount of product, still looks brand new after 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by amany12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product. I have mildly oily skin and prefer a loose powder to a pressed. This product controls my shine all day, sets my makeup and gives me a very natural finish. I put it on in the morning and don't have to blot my face or retouch up my makeup all day. The only problem is when you get to the end of the powder it gets harder and harder to get it out; that is kind of annoying, but other than that I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

After reading all the good reviews, i was hoping this powder can be the answer of my super oily nose. After using it for three days, i can only sadly say that this product has made no different at all on my face. It was really worth the try though..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by TanyaSummers

This powder conceals shine unlike anything I have ever used before. It really keeps oil at bay for a long period of time. Sometimes I notice that it can start to look dry or patchy in certain areas of my face which is why I'm not giving it a 5. I seriously couldn't believe it lived up to expectations in keeping me from getting shiny on my nose and t-zone which I've had problems with the last couple of years. I haven't noticed it to cause breakouts or anything yet and I have acne prone skin, but have only been using it for about a month when I decided to try out a bunch of Tarte products. I think if you need something for shine or oily skin, this is definitely something you should try out and see if you like it. Also, the packaging is great because you never get too much powder and waste it. One time I accidentally pressed down on the top and powder puffed out everywhere which was disappointing, but if you just tap it out you get the perfect amount in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

LOVE IT. It controls the oil around my nose very well, and does a decent job on my forehead, which is usually an oil slick by like 12pm. It leaves a smooth, matte finish which for some reason helps to brighten my complexion (is there shimmer in there that I'm not seeing?).

I haven't noticed any change in my pore size, but hey, it does what I bought it to do (finish and mattefy), and for that it gets A+++.

Oh, and the packaging is pretty darn brilliant. They should patent it if it hasn't been patented already. I do 3 firm taps, lid towards palm, unscrew jar from lid (bc it's still upside down), and voila, perfect amount of powder. The powder is packaged a little tighter when it's new, so you might have to tap a few extra times in the beginning. Really no biggie.