November 26, 2014 | 1386 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Shuper

I'm pretty oily so I needed something to take away the shine. However this would usually fade in a couple hours.

the packaging is also very hard to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the setting powders I've tried (which is a good amount) this is by far my favorite! If you have oily skin like me this is a god-send, it's the best powder for oil-control I've ever tried, I don't have to blot nearly as much during the day. It keeps my makeup on longer than any other setting powders & almost makes my makeup water-resistant. My skin feels so silky smooth and even with this - I don't get that "wipes-hand-off-because-I-got-some-makeup-on-it" when someone touches my face like they used to. It makes my makeup actually feel like soft, smooth skin - not makeup! It won't leave a white cast in flash photography like the MUFE HD which is a waste of money btw (I had my pic taken, my skin looked good) It blurs imperfections very well, not as well as say the It Cosmetics bye bye pores powder, but I gotta say I like this one so much better than that. I apply this using the press & roll method with a puff, it makes my makeup look like it has a glow to it, like an airbrushed effect, never dry, dull, or too powdery. I used to kinda be against pure white setting powders but this has converted me. If you want a setting powder that makes makeup last, controls oil, makes skin look airbrushed, & smooths & softens skin then this is the powder for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

This is a keeper! This makes my skin look airbrushed & keeps my makeup in place all day. I have very oily skin & most days it controls the shine all day & into the night without touchups (a first for me). My pores do look smaller when I use it, but I am skeptical that long term use will actually decrease their size. I actually like the delivery system - it keeps me from wasting product. The price is expensive, but I bet this small contain will last more than a year. The only reason I didn't give this 5 lippies is that it doesn't contain sunscreen. Overall I highly recommend - no breakouts or shine, improved skin & makes skin look airbrushed. I even used this as a primer & had good results.

Edit. 4/24/13: Wow!! I have been using this same container of powder daily for a year & still have half of it left!! Definitely a good value AND I still love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited about this stuff this that i bought it in both the regular and bronze. It worked decently at first but then ever since I noticed I was getting persistent acne breakouts. I think its the kaolin in it because my skin was never fond of clay masks and the ones I used have that ingredient. I have kind of dry facial skin that gets oily and flaky all at once. I hoped this would somewhat normalize my skin and lessen my pore size but neither happened over the three months of use. Ever since. i stoppwd using it my skins flakiness lessened, acne diminished, and pore size reduced tho? Waste of 60$... for me at least

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by JL06451

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product, especially after reading all of the fabulous reviews. Unfortunately, I don't feel like it makes an enormous difference for me. I have large pores and shiny skin (it's not really oily, per se, just shiny). I don't wear liquid foundation because it tends to settle in my pores, so I typically use pressed powder. I was hoping that this product would be my new go-to and that I would be able to get away with using it once a day like so many others have said. If I put it on in the morning after moisturizing, it lasts about an hour until it looks like I never put powder on at all. Plus, for about 20 minutes of that hour, my face looks chalky white - until the fine powder settles in. Maybe my skin is just too weird to allow this powder to do it's magic... either way, this stuff is way too spendy to use when it doesn't do anything at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mermanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the flawless finish this gives me. I can honestly tell the difference when I forget to use it. This powder, dusted on with a kabuki brush ever so lightly on top of my foundation, highlighter and blush, gives a great polished look -- and gives me a nice glow.

The one thing I don't like about this is the delivery system. You are supposed to be able to get the perfect amount from the one tiny hole in the center by gently pressing down on it. This was true at first but now that I've used about a fourth of the product, I am finding it is getting harder to dispense. I can only imagine it will get worse as I continue to use it. I do appreciate that it keeps the powder in the container where it belongs... but maybe they can tweak the design a little to make it easier to dispense.

Despite the delivery system, I will definitely rebuy. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mrshall28

This stuff is great. It lasts a really long time. I have had mine for 9 months and have plenty left and I use it almost every day. It controls shine very wells and I need to use very little. I dislike how hard it can be to get the powder out. Can take a little work.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nfatima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the hype about this product I went and picked up the powder. The packaging is inventive because it controls how much product comes out of the little hole. But the product didnt do anything for my super shiny face! sure after applying it looked matte as with any other powder but within an hour my face was shiny like always. So i wouldnt waste $28 on this product cuz its not worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ldavid

By far the BEST finishing powder available right now. This powder makes my face smooth, silky, soft, shine-free, minimizes my pores and gives a healthy glow. I apply a good face primer(peter thomas roth instant unwrinkle) and wear this on top and it gives my face a fresh, natural look.
The container is great because it doesn't put out too much product. It's a little pricey but it lasts a long time. I've tried all the best powders out there; MUFE HD, Smashbox, etc and this comes in first with "It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores" coming in a close second. I will continue to repurchase this product and hope that it doesn't get discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so happy I found this product. Tarte is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands and I knew I needed a new powder to take the place of my Make Up For Ever HD Finishing Powder. This is a very close dupe. It has the ultra fine texture that evens out your skin tone and sets your makeup for hours. My only gripe is the packaging. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get the product out of one single hole in the packaging. It finally occured to me to press down on the sides of the sifter and the product will dispense out the hole. DUH! No biggie though. I am loving Tarte and can see myself buying this again in the future.