October 25, 2014 | 866 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Chanel96

Its an okayish foundation. I found it to thick when wearing it. You would be left with uneven brown lines even when you get the right tone. Its a good for the price and i only buy for £5 as i feel its enough for a foundation. It does last all day but if you constantly rub your face it comes of. Overall its okay i would buy again but only because its cheaper than my usual:)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by MadeleineRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wore this for many years as I needed full coverage and this has amazing coverage, matches my skin tone and lasts ages! It didn't help with my acne though and it looks a bit cakey due to the coverage, my acne has cleared now so I don't use it everyday anymore. I still have a bottle if I'm after a full coverage look on a night out or something. I probably won't repurchase though as I have products that gives more of a flawless look than this ever did.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by fashionforever

I love love love this product! The price is not bad at all and it works wonders. I'm in the shade 102 warm ivory, it matches my skin tone very well and usually foundations have an odd smell but this foundation smells really good! I have been using this for I think a year and a half and iv'e had no problems. I apply it with a flat foundation brush and it spreads evenly:) Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my go-to foundation for about 6 years, and I really can't say enough about it. Is it cheap? Yes. But that's just one of many fine attributes:

- The IVORY (lightest) shade suites my fair skin to a "T"
- The consistency is such that it can go on light, or heavy depending on how much you use and how much coverage is needed
- I've never broken out from it (and I was still in my teens when I started wearing it)
- Affordable! And you get your money's worth because a little goes a long way
- I've gotten nothing but compliments on my skin when I wear it

Be warned: This is NOT a matte-fying foundation, it's meant to be worn under plenty of powder. I apply it, then dab on either loose or pressed powder. The effect is surprisingly natural-looking if done right. Keep in mind there aren't a ton of shades available.. if you are even a little pale-skinned, like me, the safest option is to get the lightest shade. That way you can always brighten up with a little bronzer after.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by MissTaDa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll be honest....I purchased this purely because it was the cheapest (long wearing) foundation I could find when I was on a tight budget. Because if this I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting something better (I've used & liked rimmel products previously).
I have applied this makeup with my fingers, a sponge, a foundation brush & a stippling brush.....all fails! I found this to be very minimal coverage & not very buildable. It failed to even out skintone at all to the point I was having to cover most of my face in concealer. On busy days even though the coverage was non existent I found the colour transferred very easily if my face touched anything. By the end of the day my skin was an uneven mess with dried flakey foundation stuck to the dry bits. Would not recommend or repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, in my opinion, a dupe for EL Double Matte (no longer available, but I loved it in the day). Rimmel Lasting Finish has great reviews from the over-40 ladies, and for good reason: The coverage is medium-to-full, non-oily (in fact, it's a little on the drier side), blends well and hides pores (I recommend using a dry stippling brush for application - Real Techniques makes a good one). The color: Someone on this board mentioned that she is Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay (Normal/Oily), and 103 True Ivory is a dead-on match - she is exactly right, as that's what I wore in CS and 103 is perfect. The colors in the tube appear much darker, so don't let that discourage you from trying it. The staying power of this stuff is superb, I don't get very oily at all, and it does seem to slightly firm skin and give a soft-focus finish. It also has "aqua primer" in it, so I decided to skip ALL pre-makeup steps this morning (moisturizer and primer), since I'm still pretty oily at 46 and guess what? It looks even BETTER without that stuff under it! I let it dry down before lightly dusting skin with loose powder. Be careful with the powder- using a puff to "push" it into the skin can start making this stuff look heavy, and can make the shade darker on the skin. Love, love, love! Goodbye Revlon and Cover Girl (both more $$), I'm sticking with this!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Smeadors

I put this foundation on with a damp sponge, and it works beautifully for me that way. Dry or with a brush it feels very cakey and heavy on. For the price, I think it's great! With a damp sponge the coverage is just right, and shade 200 is almost a perfect match, which is hard for my skintone at the drugstore. It lasts around 6 to 8 hours with primer and setting spray (which I have to do with every foundation as I start out a little dry and get oily throughout the day. Also, it feels similar to Colorstay but doesn't break me out! I have repurchased and will continue to do so!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ZeeWavey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the foundation is really good it looks very nice on my skin and the foundation is easy to take off of stays on all day and night its perfect for school,college,uni and partying I love it o always buy it but it is a bit pricey its £7.99 wish it would be cheaper tbh in other places its £5.00

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by kilolillian

This product was pretty cheap and it offers good medium to full coverage. It does feel a little heavy, but I like to mix my moisturizer with it so that way it's not as heavy and it's more of heavy coverage tinted moisturizer (good for school). I have this is the shade 200 soft beige (nc 25-30) and it matches pretty well. I recommend this product ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Vixes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Skin background: I have normal skin and sometimes get dry patches from acne. ~NC20 in MAC. I have a lot of dark spots on my cheeks that I want covered, with occasional acne as well.

The shade range sucks. I have this foundation in Ivory, which is the lightest shade. It is slightly too dark for my skin, but I can make it work. The packaging (plastic squeeze tube) is not bad, although it can get messy especially if the foundation is new since product can spew out if you're not careful. I apply this with a brush, and usually I have good coverage with one layer on my face and an extra thin layer on my problem areas. It gives a natural-looking finish on the skin and does not appear cakey at all, which I love. Most full coverage foundations have a tendency to look very cakey and overdone on me, but this is a perfect compromise. The lasting power is great too. I do top this off with a powder, but it lasts for my entire day and then some. Not sure how this would work on girls with oilier skin (not very mattifying).

This is such a great foundation for me. I love the finish, lasting power, and coverage. I only wish I could find a perfect match for my skin tone, otherwise it's perfect.