July 31, 2014 | 988 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! Just love! My favorite liquid foundation product so far. Lighter satiny coverage. I am NW25-30ish (without any sun) and wear 03. 03 is a "hair" light but definitely "close enough". (In late summer I can wear 04.)

The packaging is very nice-heavy glass pump bottle. I apply either with my fingers or with the Shiseido foundation brush. My skin is mostly dry with the occasional late day t-zone shiney and really likes this foundation.

I wear this either with the Guerlain Meteorites Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer for a gorgeous "illuminated" look, or with Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer. Both play well with this foundaton.

For a luxury line, not overly spendy (about $58).

Glides on and blends like a dream-skin but better. Flawless coverage. Not much else to say other than perfection in a bottle. Guerlain does not have an extensive shade range though, so definitely "try before you buy". Shades starting with 0 are "neutral/beigey". Shades starting with 3 are "yellowy". Shades starting with 1 are "pinky". Notwithstanding that I am NW in MAC, the Guerlain 1 shades were all way too pink for me, the 0 shades are a much better match.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nartime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had bought this in color 32 when in Europe. Is ok but not quite my color although the foundation is great. So, now I purchased 31 since it is available in the USA (thanks whomever thought of this we needed this color here!), and it is fenomenal! I'm oiliy, middle forties, no wrinkles but a little discoloration or "freckles". Also, for reference, I'm NC15 in MAC and this color if you look at the bottle you'll say "no way", well it blends beautifully and I've been told I look so "radiant" and "natural". I say this one is a keeper. I you have yellow undertones, try this one. Thanks Guerlain! By the way, I settle this with Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Sand SPF15.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by kaycee66

WHOA WHOA WHOA, they have more than 6 shades??!!

Guerlain is probably my favourite brand. From the packaging, colours, unique products (the Meteorites pearls was my favourite Christmas gift YEARS ago, and still love them!), and beautiful limited edition palettes, I could not help but come back to it every time I feel lost.

(I am a lighter Asian, not the lightest, but with more pink undertones than yellow).

So, I was waiting and waiting and waiting for Giorgio Armani Maestro to come out...I actually only wore powder for a few days...and couldn't wait anymore so I went back to Guerlain via the Duty Free shop at the airport.

The SA recognized me she said...not a good sign...but colour matched me to either Beige Clair 2 or 3...It was end of the summer, and I was caught in between. I opted for #3, and mix it with my Clinique Even Better foundation in Fair #2 (which is quite pink). The colour is now great, but I'd prefer not to have to be a potion mixologist every morning.

And then I read MUA reviews to see that there are more colours? I have a feeling I might be a Rose Clair, but yet to try.

TIPS:

A sheer veil is all that is required. Give it a few minutes to set.
Use a small amount of powder to finish.
Lasts all day long without feeling cakey, nor does it sit in my lines.
Has a matte, powdery, but natural finish.

I love it, but I suggest that any time you can get a sample, always try it for a week in your routine before you commit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Without exaggeration, the most beautiful foundation I own. It gives me a flawless and poreless complexion and looks 100% natural with a satin finish. I have combination dry skin and am a light tan Asian C4/NC30 (more neutral) and purchased in Beige Naturel 03. My preferred tool is the Sephora Pro Airbrush #55, but beautyblender and fingers work fine too. I just can't believe how nice my skin looks and it lasts at least 4 hours before any shine appears and lasts for 8 before I feel I need to reapply powder foundation or concealer. It feels soft and comfortable on my skin, a first!! Most foundations feel too drying on my cheeks or too oily in my T-zone. It's an HG! Hoorah!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I have used Guerlain Parure Gold, Extreme and Aqua and de Lumière but never this one. I received a sample recently and realized throughout the day my skin looked amazing. I can't get over the finish of this. For some reason I never tried it thinking it would be too sheer for me but it is perfect. My skin was glowing but very natural and coverage is perfect. Fortunately 03 Beige natural is a good match for me. I find with Guerlain foundations a little goes a long way, and playing around with application methods can make all the difference. I had to go ahead and buy this full size. The price tag can be annoying but the quality of the product and amount of time it lasts are worth it in the end.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

My skin has been absolutely freaking out lately and I needed a good foundation for sensitive/combo/dehydrated skin. I splurged and got this one based on others reviews and recommendations.

Color choice - Trying to select the right color based on online swatches is useless. I'm about NC25 right now and I'd compare #31 to NC15. I tried it anyway, just to see if I liked the formulation despite the extreme color difference. Surprisingly, 31 did not look that pale when blended (i use that term loosely as I'll explain later) onto my skin, but I still had to use a bit more bronzer to get back to my natural skintone.

Application - no matter how much I tried to blend this into my skin (on top of my everyday-use primer) it always seed patchy and uneven. I used thinner layers, didn't help. I tried to blend in with my fingers, didn't help.

Finish/Wear - it looked rather dewy after settling into my skin for about 30 minutes, but after I powdered it had a semi-matte finish. But...after only 2 hours of wear I looked oily and cakey. After blotting I still saw cakeyness around my nose, on my cheeks, chin and forehead. I also feel like this accentuates every dry patch on my skin.
I'm fortunate for not having any break outs with this foundation, which is seriously miraculous because I usually break out from every liquid foundation, but that alone is not enough to keep me from returning it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately I have had a terrible time finding a shade match with in the "Lingerie de Peau" range. They are either too yellow, too pink or too orange in outdoor lighting. I'm fair skinned and have a tendency to get redness. I will update this review if I find a shade that works, so far I have have tried five. My local Sephora only carries five shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the finish of this product. It literally sinks right into the skin and looks like I'm not even wearing foundation. However, like other reviewers have stated, the shade range for this product is so unfortunate. I'm NC25 with strong yellow Asian undertones and there is no color match for me, so I will not repurchase. But if you can find a color match, this foundation will be perfection. Gives medium coverage, leaves a slightly dewy look. Does not look cakey at all. The bottle is so sleek and gorgeous. I wish they would make this product in more shades because I would love this product forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by greymattergirl

I am so excited to write this review! I fell in love with this foundation immediatly, only to have my heart broken because even the lightest shade was to dark for me, not to mention it oxidizes slightly on my skin making it even darker. I had 2 bottles..I ended up giving one to my mother, and the extra bottle then sat unopened in my closet for almost a year. I've gone a little foundation crazy since then, looking for my HG, and I've found some good ones, but nothing I went crazy over like the Lingere de Peau. Im my collection now I have..Kevyn Aucoin SSE, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Lancome 24hr, MUFE HD and the MUFE Face & Body, Armani Maestro Fusion, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, as well as the Guerlain Parue Extreme (also way to dark in the lightest shade.) Well out of those the MUFE Face & Body has been my favorite..but it is ohh so sheer, and now that its cooling off a bit in FL I thought it would be nice to be able to wear something with more coverage as it won't melt off as badly. (not that the MUFE did, but I really like more coverage.) So I sat here racking my brain, and wondered is there any possible way I can make that Lingere de Peau just slightly lighter so it would work for me? Will I ruin the delicate finish if I do? I decided to try and mix it with the MUFE F&B, as the F&B is ever so slightly light for me. Well folks..it worked like a DREAM!!!!!! It is now the perfect color for me! It mixes soooo easy, and it doesn't ruin the finish of the de Peau at all! There is absolutely zero trace of the MUFE being mixed..because after all, thats one of the many joys of this foundation, the finish, texture, and look of it. I am so beyond elated, there are no words. I can now happily call this foundation my HG for when it's not humid out. I'm kicking myself for giving the other bottle away because now I will most deff be using all of it. I will repurchase this foundation, and ofc will have to also repurchase the F&B, which I would anyways for summer. Lingere de Peau is hands down without a doubt the best foundation I have EVER used. The finish and coverage are absolutely perfect for the results I want in a foundation. I have never had more beautiful looking skin, not to mention what a joy the foundation itself is to use. Soft, silky, so lux..not to mat, not to dewy, great med coverage, and slightly buildable where you may need more. Guerlain has always been my favorite brand of foundation, but I couldnt use a single one of them because of the color range. Im so picky when it comes to foundation and it killed me that the one brand that worked so perfectly for my skin never had shades for my paler skin in any one of their formulas. To mix and apply I simply put 1 pump of the de Peau and maybe a little less than 1 pump of the F&B right on my hand, mixed an applied with a Real Techniques Stippiling Brush and just dabbed on my face and then buffed slightly with the same brush, after it was on and smooth I used my fingers to press the foundation in, as the de Peau 'activates' with body heat. OMG, the result was perfection! I am in bliss right now. I know a lot of other women have the same complaint as I about the color choices, and I had to review so they know if you love this foundation as much as I did, but you happen to be pale, you can make this work for you without ruining the finish of it. Yes, the downside is your buying another pretty pricey foundation to mix with an already very expensive foundation..but when I think of how much Ive spent trying other brands and formulas, its well worth it to me to make this HG work for my coloring. This foundation last well through the day in non-humid climates, it doesnt seperate on me, wears off pretty nice, and doesnt break me out at all, and I have sensitive skin. Im so in love, I cant say it enough! I reccomend everyone try this foundation if you havent already found something your in love with, and for paler girls, this will work if your willing to go the extra mile to mix it with the MUFE. This is perfection in a bottle for my skin! Btw..I have this in the color Rose Clair, and mixed it with the porcelain color in the F&B.

UPDATE: This is now being sold in the states in the color 01 beige pale. It is spot on the perfect color for me, and I dont have to mix anything anymore! Now available at Sephora in this shade and I immedialty purchased it, LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm just writing to note that there really is no appropriate shade in this line for pale skin (what would normally be considered 'ivory' or 'porcelain')... They skip right to beige (think 'buff' in Lancome shades). I think it's important to note this because many SAs will just slather it on over a primer and hope that you're okay with having a very tan face with a not-so-tan neck. It looked passable right after application but half an hour later I was left with an actual orange-toned face, like you get with a bad bronzer. It's a shame because it did feel very soft and natural on my face, but the shade was so incredibly ill-matched.