July 22, 2014 | 2262 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used another moisturizer for almost 10 years, but had a bad reaction to the dryness and cold of Colorado and had some really dry skin that my old moisturizer just wasn't taking care of. Barring trying a really expensive moisturizer, I opted for this and WOW, I am impressed! I have now completely switched over to it.

The gel goes on easily and absorbs quickly, so you don't have to keep working it in forever to get it to sink in. It also leaves your face feeling really refreshed and clean. It also seems to equally moisturize all different parts of my face, including my nose, cheeks, chin, and even under the eyes.

For the price, I am very impressed! This has become a part of my daily routine, and I will not be going back to my old Neutrogena moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Excellent product, the closes to my HG ideal so far. It absorbs ultra-fast and leaves a moisture barrier on skin without leaving any residues! Moisturizing ability is good even during winter -20C, although on dry skin you'll need another moisturizer to cover up. Another big bonus for me is the alcohol ingredient in there which helps with acne prone skin. The smell is fresh but it does also smell of alcohol once you stick a finger into it.

This product does not help with oil-control, meanwhile, it doesn't block pores at all. The oily part of my face can still becomes oily but the oil penetrates effortlessly through the moisture barrier and is easily removed by blotting.

Now I want to whine about the price. I bought a jar in Boston for $7 and it's imported from Montreal. Then, in Montreal it costs up to $13 (or $15 after tax)... what's with that?

update Apr 2013: this worked for me in winter but not in spring, odd. Now it dries out my skin and encourages breakouts so I've switched over to a very thick Cliniderm cream instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cynthiaann95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product, I use this now twice a day instead of an ordinary lotion. It has the most refreshing scent and it cools your face when your blending it in. It drys within seconds and a little bit goes a long way so I know my little jar is going to last me a while. It doesn't make my face feel greasy afterwards like other products I've used and I haven't noticed any bad reactions with my skin so I give this product a 10/10 !
I hope they never discontinue (:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination/oily skin with occasional dry patches around my mouth and on my chin from Retin-A Micro use. I purchased this moisturizer to use in the morning.
This moisturizer stung upon application, and it burned when I applied it the mornings after I used the Retin-A Micro.
This moisturizer does sink in quickly, however, it left my skin feeling very dry and tight.
I think that this moisturizer would be best for those with tolerant, oily skin. I didn't read the ingredient list prior to purchasing it (pharmacy impulse buy)...it contains alcohol, which is a skincare ingredient that I try to avoid as it is very drying and causes me to suffer break-outs.
I would not re-purchase this item.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by mlyreview

This gel cream is meant for use in the morning and night. I used it the previous night and woke up with really soft skin. I think it may have helped my acne a bit, too. My first impression of this is that it smelled really really refreshing! (: I also love how it is so light weight. It soaks into my skin really fast and it doesn't even feel like I am using a moisturizer.
I would really recommend this product to those people of acne prone skin. It says its for those with normal.combination skin, but I think it works well with oily skin as well. I have oily/combination skin.
I've had this product under my makeup this whole day so far, and it has help control my oils, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by pierce0566

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product light weight, absorbs right into my skin, refreshing scent, didn't break me out im super sensitive and oily even at 46. Overall a great product with a nice price to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I freakin' love this shiz!!!!!! My skin is oily and super acne prone. This moisturizer is meant for combo/normal skin.. I think it works better with oily skin. It doesn't leave your skin greasy. It feels über refreshing and cool. It smells amazing too. All garnier does. I will definitely be repurchasing! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this moisturizer... most of the time. It's very light, absorbs quickly into the skin, and doesn't leave any film/residue. However, I have really, really dry skin, especially in the winter, so this isn't moisturizing enough for me right now. in spring, summer, and fall, it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Desireec727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite moisturizer and I really can't see myself using anything else. I first purchased this because it sort of resembled Clinique's Moisture Surge. Paying $40 for a moisturizer just isn't an option for me so I decided to try this out. The first thing I noticed was the packaging. Alot of people complain that the packaging is not hygienic because you have to dip your fingers into the jar to get the product. I really don't mind because it's just me that uses it and I always have clean hands before applying. It's the first product I use after cleansing my face in the morning so I don't have to worry about cross contamination from another product. The next thing I noticed was the smell. This stuff has grape water in it so it was a very fresh (I wouldn't say fruity) scent to it. Smells great but doesn't linger which is good, who wants their face to smell for up to an hour lol. When you apply it, it doesn't resemble a cream at all. Very gel like. It goes on and absorbs into the skin SO QUICKLY. The reason I steered from traditional moisturizers is because it would take so long for it to seep into my skin and then it'd leave a residue that would make my foundation brush drag and look streaky. With this stuff, it goes on a little wet, I give my hair a quick brushing and by the time I'm done, it has completely absorbed into my skin and it just feels like very soft skin instead of skin that has lotion on it. I pretty much use this as a foundation primer because since it's a gel formula (and does have a bit of alcohol in it), it kinda dries up the oilies while still making the skin soft. I love this stuff. It's never caused any breakouts or anything (and any and everything causes me to break out). I only use it in the morning before I apply my makeup (as at night I use proactiv) and one jar lasted me for 4 months because it doesn't take alot to do your face. It could be cheaper ($8 at Walmart isn't bad but $10 at CVS is) but I have to have it lol. I have also tried the dry skin formula and will soon by writing a review on that. Love this stuff. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by KikiCrystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product has alcohol listed as the third ingredient, so I only apply to my t zone(I have dry cheeks&chin, oily t zone, and acne prone skin), this made my chin break out a bit, and the area around my mouth a bit dry. It is great on my t zone, though, it works to help control oil a bit while moisturizing. The packaging isn't very hygienic, but I think that the formula wouldn't work well with a pump, so a jar it is. You could use a q tip or a mini plastic scoop for the product as I do.

Overall, this is a good DS moisturizer if you have oily skin, but people with dry skin, I'm not sure if this would be the best suggestion.