September 18, 2014 | 2011 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jujukeck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fine shoulder-length hair that always seems to be frizzy. I tried this product and was pleasantly surprised. It's a little work up front but indeed my hair was easier to dry and straighten after I used this. It says it lasts about 7 shampoos but lasted longer for me - probably because of my fine hair.

This is something I can see using on a regular basis to make my daily styling much easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm disappointed to hear everyone else's horrible experience with this product. But for me, it did everything I expected it to do. I'm African-American with very, very, very thick hair. The Blow Dry Perfector, has made my hair soft, easier to blowdry and more manageable. I'm not someone who puts chemicals in my hair regularly, so after my 7 washes, I probably will give my hair a break for a few months, but will definitely go back to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by citrusrealty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Proving that you can't buy a miracle for $11. I reach the same effect with a blow dryer and some straightening serum. Don't expect silky smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by smoovest

Okay, I am 3 days into using the treatment. My hair is thick, long and wavy, takes a good 25 minutes to blow dry and I use a T3 flat iron. ThIs product smelled ungodly. I never did any kind of treatment that involved relaxing, etc , so I was not expecting such a stench. It reminded me of
Nair. But it did work. My hair is softer and straighter. But if you sniff it you can still smell that Nairy smell and that is very unsettling. It is fall and my hair is straighter

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by srscott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you MUA! This was a close one for me ~ I was THIS close to using this product and thought to check here for reviews. I agree completely with the previous reviewer who noticed that those with positive reviews for this product seem suspect, since that is the ONLY product they have reviewed on this site. I'm so sorry for those of you who have ruined your hair with this product, but appreciate you taking the time to let the rest of us know... Edit: this is odd, but I have been unable to leave a thumbs down on the rude review made by annvalsan23... hmmmm... the plot thickens!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by bettysuegurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this product, but I just wanted to comment that the few positive reviews this product has are left by people who recently registered and only reviewed this product. Dear Garnier Corporate Office: We aren't stupid. We know who is trying to bump up their ratings, so just stop it.

I was following this product out of curiosity and this whole situation turns me off to Garnier products. I definitely will not use this and will avoid other Garnier products in the future. They are mediocre at best anyhow.

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by dena21

I went from curly, thick hair to hay! this product completely dried my hair out worst than it's ever been in my life. I am facing the fact that I am going to have to cut my hair to a bob style to try to let it grow back out to it's normal state. I wish I would have read the reviews before using this product. The couple of people who said it worked for them would not have convinced me that it would have been worth the risk.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by somerhatch81

I am very sorry to hear all the negative reviews of this product. It worked wonders for my hair! I have thin (not fine) but thin very naturally curly hair. I also regularly color my hair (red, once a month) I am always struggling with my "easy to frizz" hair. It usually takes me an hour to blow dry with a round brush and lots of straightening serums to achive the look I want and as soon as I get outside its all in vain. My blow dry only lasts about 12hrs if Im not exposed to humidity and living in Houston thats rare. BUT after using this product I have a whole new head of hair! I followed the directions exactly. It does smell a bit but its not intolerable by any means. I read some people saying they had scalp problems but it clearly says in the directions NOT to massage into the scalp and I didnt even put it on my scalp. So no problems there. Its been a few days now and my hair still looks and feels great. It has NEVER been this soft and I have been out in the heat several times and NO FRIZZ! Its amazing and I will definately use it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Jessica80

I have curly, very thick, long, highlighted hair. I just did this to my hair today and am fairly disappointed. I didn't have my hair fall out or color wash away like some people did. But my hair does seem drier then before. And it actually took me longer to blow dry it then usual! The smell is AWFUL. my whole house reeks of a rotten egg smell. And really so does my hair. My hair is definitely more straw like in texture and seems to look fried at the ends now. I wont buy this again and wouldn't recommend it. I should of guessed it wouldn't be that great being that I don't like other Garnier hair products at all.
I will update if anything else happens with my hair. I pray it doesn't!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by llulay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product needs to be pulled off the shelf. If there should ever be a lawsuit against a company, this is a perfect example of one! My long hair is ruined. Turned to mush and broke off in clumps. I had over 10 inches cut off and it is still straw like and a complete nightmare. I don't even want to be in public!

I called a lawyer and the only way they will take the case is if it is a "class action''. Are there any other persons who feel they should be a part of this? If so, I will create an email address to send your info?!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No