April 23, 2014 | 2003 users online

Treatments - Clinique - Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle and UV Damage Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by acates715

Got sucked into buying this by the Clinique consultant and am now kicking myself for it. I've used this religiously for 6 weeks (night and day) and have noticed NO difference in lines or hyperpigmentation from sun damage. I think my skin possibly looks alittle smoother on my cheeks, but since I don't have actual wrinkles there, I can't tell if it's just wishful thinking, or if it's the new Roc night cream I use in conjunction with this at night. Won't be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by zfire

Amazing product. Got a sample and am on my 4th week. I use it at night with nothing else. Then apply in the morning before under eye concealer. I threw out my foundation. PERIOD. My pores are smaller. I have yet to break out this month even though I'm on the brink of menstruation. I'm not on bc so I usually get a couple on my tzone week prior "flows" visit. Nothing this month. Fine lines are visibly reduced in the 4 week period. Just ordered the kit from Sephora. I'm 28 and am trying to reverse a couple of years of sun exposure from running and snowboarding outdoors. I wore sunscreen but at 28 it's inevitable to have some damage. Have tried Olay serum with some benefit yet the silicone is unfavorable. Love the silky texture of RLF. It absorbs within seconds. It really works. I suggest you get a sample and make it last 4 weeks to see results. I am amazed that I no longer wake up red faced, big pored and lined up around my mouth and eyes!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great find--I started using a sample size under my eyes--I have some sort of allergy here that makes the skin under my eyes very crepey. It goes away periodically, but the last thing I want is for those lines to stick! I glob on a *generous* amount of this stuff under the eyes and just let it sink in--the skin is instantly smoothed. I pat on eye cream over it once its dry--if I need any re-application, I just pat on more of this. No more crepies. It's magical! I do ding it one lippie because it can't NOT roll up in combination with any cream I own. It just balls up, so you have to be super careful and just pat pat pat. I will have to update this later to share the long-term effects, if any.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by lilmissang3l

I bought this product at the advice of the clinique salesperson and was skeptical at first. I don't have any visible lines around the eye area and bought it to prevent any forming. To convince myself that the price I spent was justified I tried it on the deep lines around my boyfriend's eyes. It was only applied nightly on him (he wouldn't go out during the day with 'stuff' on haha) and voila! After about 2 weeks of religious application on the left eye, (to leave the right eye as a control), the lines on his left eye were visibly shallower than the right. So much so that he wanted to get a bottle for himself but bulked at the price. The only con I have is that application of the serum around my nose area dried it out and made it quite red. Otherwise, I will continue to use it as it sinks in well and has a lovely texture. The dropper style bottle is also quite hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Lulu2387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I received this product as a sample from Sephora & I must say that I really like this product. I have been using this product for a month now only at night, my skin is so smooth, and supple. I do not have any wrinkles yet but I am trying to delay the process now. My skin looks more radiant and my skin is glowing .

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by justpass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to GWP, I had a couple of samples of this and could use them for several weeks. Since it was sample size, I tried it only on the fine lines on my forehead and around one eye (I wanted to be sure I'd see a difference).
    This product filled my forehead with blackheads. Furthermore, I had to quickly discontinue the use around the eye, since it cause small red bumps to appear. I looked at the ingredients... the first few ingredients is a bunch of silicones, what was I expecting? All the lines are still there, no reduction at all. Be very careful to use this if you are acne prone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After daily use for approximately 8 weeks, this product produced no reduction in fine lines or hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage. I used this morning and night until the bottle was gone. I wasn't expecting a miracle, but some lightening, brightening, or exfoliation effect would have made the purchase somewhat worthwhile. This product made my makeup look creased and cakey, which is not a reasonable side effect when I need to cover melasma and dark circles. There was no logical reason to repurchase and continue this serum, as there are products that produce some results for hyperpigmentation after 8 weeks of continued use. Now that I am more educated about product ingredients, I realize that there is nothing in this so called "damage corrector" that is powerful enough to effectively produce those kinds of results. I love many Clinique items, including some of their skincare products. But unfortunately their skin treatment lines tend to to be weak and ineffective if you are targeting difficult problems that come with age and UV exposure, such as fine lines, wrinkles, or hyperpigmentation/melasma.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had intended to do a review in three parts: initial, couple weeks in, then a couple months in. Well, I am already a couple weeks in and here I am finally making time for a review.

Initial thoughts on texture and application: product is thin and lightweight, completely non-greasy. Absorbs all the way into my normal/combination skin with no problem, leaves no feeling of moisturization. Didn't notice any results whatsoever the first week. I use this immediately after cleansing morning and night, right before my moisturizer.

Two weeks in: I NOTICE A DIFFERENCE. In the car today, looking in the rear view, I noticed that my skin has a smoothness and clarity I have not seen since I used Retin-A. Granted, this is not the same level. But I definitely see similarities, Yes, my skin feels a little more dry and sometimes a touch scratchy. Very low level but similar effects to what I experience when using Retin-A or Renova.

The results thus far are nowhere near as dramatic as the first couple weeks on Retin-A. I am not experience the crazy peeling and purging of cells. And I do not expect this to boost collagen in the same way that I get with Retin-A. But I do see a clarity and smoothness. Have had a few compliments this week on my skin and that's nice. I used to get that every week and haven't had one for awhile.

I will check in again in a month or so with an update.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the idea of this product, and it probably does work in the long term as they say, but it dries my skin (despite using a moisturising cream on top of it) and makes my foundation feel so uncomfortable, that I've had to discard it after just a week. I liked the fact that you could use it around your eyes as well, but it's not great under make up. The skin around the eyes dried up a lot and felt uncomfortable, so much so that someone asked me if I had a condition around the eyes!
    I am going back to Capture Totale One Essential now, which is twice the price, but worth every single penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Ravywedding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I was hoping to see an improvement in skin tone and texture, but I used the whole bottle with no difference. I guess, I got nothing really. The applicator was weird, I think I wasted a bunch. I ended up just focusing on areas where I had sun damage and hyperpigmentation, but nothing. Oh well...