July 24, 2014 | 1816 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by twelfthminute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I got the sample before buying the huge bottle...

The stuff does what it claims, it exfoliates well and you can see all the dead skin coming off, which is satisfying.

But it broke me out soooo badly. It was the only change in my regime, and now I have pimples all over my face. And it's kinda pricey too. :

I wish I could love this product, but it just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I generally never use scrubs because I hate rubbing anything remotely scratchy on my face. So when I heard how this was gel based, I had to try it out! It works very well, a little too well for my skin. The product is really easy to use, and you can see how the flaky results vary from day to day depending how your skin is feeling. However sometimes I found it scrubbed layers of healthy skin off and left very dry patches that I could not treat with cream, something i've never experienced before. I even had a small amount of skin peeling that was attached to healthy skin once, which I ended up having to painfully break off! And the end results are like I have with every scrub - no difference, if anything worse from irritation, just feels nicer to touch a little bit. I think this product might help somebody out there, but my skin definitely prefers using salicylic acid for exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised to see this is a big hit on MUA! This is a basic "gommage"-type exfoliator that they sell in Japan, so I think it's hilarious that it's selling for $60 on Amazon when it costs $25 there (which is even comparatively expensive for this kind of product). As with other exfoliators like this, you rub this on your clean face and it balls up and takes all the flakies with it (the balls that appear as you rub this into your skin are not 100% flakies, the product would do this no matter where you rubbed it). Anyway, as with everyone else I loooove how my skin feels after using this. So soft and smooth, and it always looks one tone brighter too. So, this is a great product. But, having used this and many other similar exfoliators while I was in Japan, I have to say that there are equally as good products out there for less. I live in NYC and there's a big Chinese supermarket called Kam Man on Canal St. where they carry lots of Japanese skincare and they have several kinds of gommage of for about $15 each. That being said, the ingredients in this particular exfoliator are very gentle so if your skin is sensitive maybe this is worth the extra money (just try to buy it somewhere that isn't charging you over 100% more for it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by mindtrip

This is the most amazing exfoliator around! It actually does what an exfoliator should do, and you see the results right away! I love how renewed my skin feels after using this. It's also fun to see all my dead skin cells form into tiny white balls. The price may be steep, but it's soooo worth it. Plus since I exfoliate just once a week, I've only actually used a third of the bottle, and with the way I'm going, I feel like this is going to last me one full year.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! After seeing bubz beauty use it, i just had to get it. Its quite expensive on ebay. Around $40-$50. I used about 3-4 pumps and massage it gently on my face in circles, you will feel/ see dead skin. I rinse off and do another 3-4 pumps to get more dead skin off. I do this about once a week. It keeps my skin smooth and i just love seeing the dead skin come off in little white balls. Ive used it for over a year and it is definitely a staple for me! Just wish it wasnt soooo expensive online....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by xXexpressionsXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What is Cure? Natural Aqua Gel is a gentle, water-based exfoliant made from natural plant extracts of aloe vera, gingko and rosemary. It effectively sloughs off dead skin cells without irritating or harming skin, making it suitable even for the most sensitive skin types. After cleansing face, apply gel on face and neck. Gently massage gel into skin and see the dead skin cells immediately peel off into tiny white balls. Rinse well with water and then pat skin dry.

This product is my life saver! Sometimes when I apply make-up, I sometimes get dry patches on my cheeks, nose and face areas, so after washing my face with a cleanser, I would use Cure to exfoliate the dead skin cells or dry areas. It literally exfoliates my skin, leaving it smooth, clear and soft. I would advise to not use this on an open wound or irritated skin.

Another thing about this product is if used, it can help face cleansers and/or moisturizers to take and its full benefit and dissolve into skin better.

Pros:
-Product does what it says
-One drop of the product does the job
-Makes skin smooth
-Removes dry patches

Cons:
-Kinda pricey but worth it.
-None

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lara003

This product is nothing short of a miracle. I have been searching for a product that will help to soften my skin and have been trying different exfoliators but have always gotten the same results or not much at all. I heard about Cure and decided to order sample packs (you can get free samples from Beauty Carousel or buy them on eBay) before I buy the full product. After one use of the trial packet, I'm definitely sold and will be buying the full product ($34 USD from the official website with shipping included). It isn't as expensive as the products that you'd find at beauty stores here since you are getting a huge bottle of product for $34, whereas you could get a mere few ounces for that price. I'm sure that this bottle will last a very long time.

After rubbing it into my skin for less than 30 seconds (and seeing the white bits that accumulate) and rinsing, my skin immediately felt incredibly baby soft, smooth, silky, and clean. I really mean it too. I also didn't know that my skin could ever feel that soft and great. If you think that you have soft and smooth skin now, just try Cure once and you'll notice the pure softness and smoothness of your skin and it'll soon become a part of your skin regimen.

I now know why this is considered to be Japan's best kept beauty secret. It is a wonderful product and exactly what every woman needs for silky smooth skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by changja2

I have been pleasantly surprised as to how much this product helps my skin. I use the Clarisonic cleanser brush daily and thought I didn't need another exfoliator. Well, this product removes all the dead skin that my Clarisonic missed and my face feels soooooo soft afterwards. I note that if I don't use the Clarisonic and use Cure, I get a TON of dead skin balls vs a much smaller amount when using Cure along with the Clarisonic brush. It takes my face about 45 seconds of light massage before the dead skin cells start balling up. I've used grain-type of exfoliators previously and didn't like how abrasive they felt and occasionally, my skin would end up red and blotchy.

I notice that the morning after I use Cure, my skin seems brighter than usual, probably because my naked skin can absorb my serums and moisturizers a little better. I only use Cure once to twice a week.

Even though I gave this 5 lippies, there is one small annoying thing that I find with Cure. After I use Cure and wash off the skin balls, there is a weird texture/film left on my face (my husband also feels this film). I have to wash it off with my Cetaphil cleanser. I wonder if this is why some people have broken out from using this product.
I will definitely buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by maryandtheboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

CURE is the best exfoliating product I have ever tried. It is made of 90% revitalized hydrogen water and natural plant extracts of aloe vera, gingko and rosemary. I have no idea how, but it removes all the dead skin and leaves my face very soft with no redness or adverse reactions. It contains no alcohol or fragrance which are highly irritating to sensitive skin. If I could give this 6 lippies I would!. I've tried so many exfoliators (most recently the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant) and nothing compares to how good Cure is. I have dry sensitive skin so exfoliating has been an issue with me, especially when it comes to how foundations look in my skin. I hate it when every foundation highlights all the dry areas so I was thrilled when I discovered this. I was very sceptical at first, it was expensive to order from overseas and I thought the reviews may just be the usual product hype...but this stuff has worked wonders for my skin and the way my foundation looks. I have now purchased 3 bottles and am stocked up, I would hate to be without this now!. I highly recommend you try this if you have dry skin and exfoliating is an issue.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by sixbluemooses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product a lot!
it definitely works better the more often you use it
it did break me out a little the first time but they were all tiny little pimples and went away quickly
on the second, third, fourth, fifth etc day it didn't break me out any more than normal and my skin started to look A LOT clearer under my acne
my skin also feels a lot less oily

my only qualm with it is that it hasn't affected my acne very much at all
i was expecting a lot from it but i still get blackheads and pimples

overall it is great to make your skin look bright and clear and reduces oil a bit (due to extra moisture) but it didn't positively or negatively affect my acne