December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Julesxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product straight from Japan after seeing it multiple times on Bubzbeauty's videos. I got it expecting nothing short of what everyone was saying and how great it was. It did exactly as everyone had said, It removed my dead skin, and left my skin feeling so smooth. When I put makeup on after i have used Cure it looks alot smoother and more flawless. Ive heard it helps fade acne scars, I havent noticed that, but I will buy again, although the price is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by janlee21

LOVE LOVE LOVE Cure Natural Aqua Gel. I saw on a blog a Cure giveaway and she post this link for Free Cure samples! This product helped my skin improve so much and most importantly reduced unevenness and blotchiness that my skin tends to get. It's NOT cheap, but worth it if your skin needs it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lacou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loooove this exfoliator, there is truly nothing like it. I've tried so many methods to removing flakes from ultra soft microfiber cloths which work well but can leave me quite raw if accidentally overdone to microderm scrubs and even trying my best to roll them off with my fingers on wet skin. Cure Aqua gel is amazing. Its a thin watery gel that metabolizes dead skin and really does leave you with such a healthy glow. its ingredients list is quite short and unlikely to trigger breakouts. An absolute win.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lulubabe828

I have been using this product for years and it's the best thing I've ever used. My mom would buy this for me, but I have no idea who she gets it from. I've looked on-line before, but it's been really difficult to find, so I'm very glad it's finally getting some reviews on certain websites. I've read the reviews though however; and I'm surprised that it's not been given a higher rating. First, there is no product like this that exists in any department or any makeup store - at least here where I live in southern California. Perhaps if you're familiar with Japanese products, you can say there's other, cheaper, stuff out there, but most of us are not. I've been reading that it leaves white balls no matter what. I disagree. The white balls are dead skin cells, and some people just don't realize how much dead skin they are removing. The more I use it, the less white balls I get, and sometimes I do not get any. You can test this by repeatedly using it on the same spot, and eventually no white balls, or dead cell accumulation, will form. This product is awesome, and you know it works because your face gets brighter instantly after use. It's gentle, non-abrasive, and doesn't leave your face red. I'm not a fan of scrubs, peels, masks, or anything that takes more than 5 minutes to use, so when I found this product, I fell in love right away. Using this product is quick and effective and the results are amazing. It's pricy, yes, I get mine for $40, but totally worth the price because the bottle lasts for a very long time. That glow you get after using the product is amazing, and after applying a moisturizer, I can't stop admiring the glow it leaves on my face. It also leaves your face soft and makeup applies very smoothly on the skin. The packaging is a bit mediocre, but who cares, what matters is on the inside. This stuff works. And it's absolutely wonderful. Also, my friend uses it on calluses on her foot and stuff, and she says it works great for that as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works.

It dissolves those nasty white heads and removes dead skin.

People that have said that it balls up on anything you rub it on. Well it sure does if you rub it with your bare hands... the balls are from your hands.

It leaves skin smooth and fresh.

First time I used it, it felt amazing because I have never felt my skin become so smooth and soft before.

The packaging is a bit flawed. The pump gets stuck sometimes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this product so overhyped. Then again, products that claim to exfoliate and actually show balled up white stuff usually get raves. Those balled up stuff are not your dead skin. The product will do that no matter where you rub it. Try rubbing a bit of glue between your fingers and it will do the same.

The skin does feel smoother after using this product, because it leaves a film behind. This product is so pricey for what it does, and the packaging is totally lousy. The pump is so hard, and I always have to pull the pump back up whenever I try to pump the product out.

I'm really not impressed with this product, which is disappointing considering all the raves. I'd stick with my AHA to exfoliate, thanks very much.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I really like this exfoliator. I am a bit funny with exfoliators, I don't really like the scrub types because I find they are too harsh for my skin. This gel was perfect.

I have dry skin normally around my nose, cheeks and temples. I need to be quite careful with exfoliators because if I over do it, even by slightly, my cheeks can feel quite raw. I don't have sensitive skin nor do I exfoliate vigorously or anything, it is just that my cheeks appear to be extra sensitive.

After I have removed my make up, I pat dry my skin and take a pump and a half of the Cure Aqua Gel. I place some on my cheeks, forehead and nose and then start massaging this in circular motions on my face working it into my whole face. Little blobs of white balls appear which is the dead dry skin. Afterwards I rinse my face and it feels sooooooo smooth!!

I only use this once a week. In the winter and when my skin is dry/flakey due to the air con/cold wearer/central heating.. I may up this to twice a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by twelfthminute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I got the sample before buying the huge bottle...

The stuff does what it claims, it exfoliates well and you can see all the dead skin coming off, which is satisfying.

But it broke me out soooo badly. It was the only change in my regime, and now I have pimples all over my face. And it's kinda pricey too. :

I wish I could love this product, but it just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I generally never use scrubs because I hate rubbing anything remotely scratchy on my face. So when I heard how this was gel based, I had to try it out! It works very well, a little too well for my skin. The product is really easy to use, and you can see how the flaky results vary from day to day depending how your skin is feeling. However sometimes I found it scrubbed layers of healthy skin off and left very dry patches that I could not treat with cream, something i've never experienced before. I even had a small amount of skin peeling that was attached to healthy skin once, which I ended up having to painfully break off! And the end results are like I have with every scrub - no difference, if anything worse from irritation, just feels nicer to touch a little bit. I think this product might help somebody out there, but my skin definitely prefers using salicylic acid for exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised to see this is a big hit on MUA! This is a basic "gommage"-type exfoliator that they sell in Japan, so I think it's hilarious that it's selling for $60 on Amazon when it costs $25 there (which is even comparatively expensive for this kind of product). As with other exfoliators like this, you rub this on your clean face and it balls up and takes all the flakies with it (the balls that appear as you rub this into your skin are not 100% flakies, the product would do this no matter where you rubbed it). Anyway, as with everyone else I loooove how my skin feels after using this. So soft and smooth, and it always looks one tone brighter too. So, this is a great product. But, having used this and many other similar exfoliators while I was in Japan, I have to say that there are equally as good products out there for less. I live in NYC and there's a big Chinese supermarket called Kam Man on Canal St. where they carry lots of Japanese skincare and they have several kinds of gommage of for about $15 each. That being said, the ingredients in this particular exfoliator are very gentle so if your skin is sensitive maybe this is worth the extra money (just try to buy it somewhere that isn't charging you over 100% more for it!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No