August 28, 2014 | 1604 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

I received this as a sample and tried it on. I've used other mascara bases in the past, like from l'oreal. It worked ok fanning my lashes and making them possibly longer . It seemed to make my lashes crunchy and stiff. I just tried washing it off and it must be waterproof because I used soap like 6 times and coconut oil twice to remove all this crap off my lashes!! My gorgeous lashes took a beating getting this stuff off :( I lost 3 lashes that I know of.. :( :( :( I would NEVER use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Mila422

This is an amazing product, it makes lashes look huge. It is good for everyday, but if you layer it on a little your lashes will look bigger than ever. I used to use this with diorshow mascara or georgio armani eyes to kill, but I have found that that is unnecessary and use it with cover girl super thick pro lash which is about 5 dollars in any pharmacy. I will definitely continue to repurchase this product for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Straight off the bat, if you want a primer to separate your lashes and make it look like you have more individual lashes, or you have extremely sparse lashes, what you need to do is wear some falsies--that's pretty much the only guaranteed way to get more lashes. If you want your lashes to look very thick, full, and lush--almost "fan-like"--and slightly longer, then this product will be right up your alley! I resisted purchasing this product for months after trying out a sample, but ended up getting it at an airport and haven't looked back since.

The packaging is nice and simple, and the rubberized brush feels really nice on the lashes, but extra product tends to gather at the tip, so be sure to wipe that off. You also want to apply your mascara BEFORE this dries or it'll look really crusty, so do one eye at a time. I layer a good amount of this on to my lashes, then immediately top with Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara, and the effective is REALLY dramatic. I always get asked if I have false lashes on when I wear this! Just be sure you're coating the entire lash, from root to tip, with the primer and your mascara, because the primer is white and very noticeable if you don't cover it. Also, I've found that some mascara formulas work better with this product than others; L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, for example, looked pretty blah on top of this primer. If you have more than one mascara, you'll want to experiment and find which one plays best with the primer.

I've also worn this at night a few times to get the "serum" effects. It will lightly condition the lashes and make them a bit softer, but if you have very dry lashes that need a lot of TLC, you'll want a straight-up serum.

This product is $25 and has a shelf life of about 6 months. I think it's absolutely worth it. Just remember that everyone's tastes are different, so if you want that really separated lash look, this probably won't work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by purplemonkeygirl

Won't wear mascara again without it! I have average size lashes and this dramatically increased them. When I used with Full & Soft waterproof aor Jordana, I looked like I was wearing false eyelashes. Absolutely love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

This product worked wonders...the first time I used it and never worked the same again. It's like as soon as it hits air once it just doesn't work right every again.

PROS:
Gives some noticeable length to lashes
Gives some noticeable volume to lashes
Works so amazingly well the first use

CONS:
Doesn't work correctly after the first use
You can never completely cover the white even with Dior Show Black Out which is the blackest mascara I've ever used
Clumps are insanely bad

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by OlivianaVS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Simply the best there is. I've used a great number of high-end mascara primers but this one is perfect. Smooth application and it really appears to condition lashes. The tube lasts a long time even in daily use. The price is terrible, though..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this product really difficult to work with. It does lengthen and thicken my lashes but it makes them so clumpy once I apply my mascara that I have to work with a comb for several minutes to get them to look normal. I also find it hard to cover up all the white with my mascara. I have to go over it so many times that I pile on the mascara and end up with clump city. I love dramatic lashes so I have to use a primer but when I'm done with this tube, I'll be going back to my HG Clinique lash primer, which gives me me more of a fringe look for a lot less money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by rtran4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this every time I wear mascara. It works wonders with Dior Iconic and Benefit They're Real and it seems to last forever. It adds more volume and length to my lashes while moisturizing them. I didn't notice any overall growth in my natural lashes though. I apply one coat of this on my top lashes and apply mascara a few second right after before it dries completely. For more dramatic lashes, I apply one or two coats and let it dry completely before applying mascara. It might look too spidery for those with naturally long lashes but I have short stubby asian lashes and it works beautifully. It's pricey though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by xapplex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is amazing! It brings out the best of my mascaras. It adds volume and length - it's the perfect base. I'm addicted to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ncgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I only thought Armani was the best lash primer. How wrong was I! This stuff is magical on my 50+ lashes that are sparse and short. I was hooked from the first tube I bought and still loving tube #6. I mean I don't go to the grocery without using this before at least one coat of my YSL Faux Cils mascara. Amazing!