Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butterllanolin, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Good, basic lip balm. I use this everyday along with the Yes to Carrors sf15 lip balm and my painfully dry lips have never been healthier. On its own, I need to constantly reapply, which is typical of other BB lip balms I have tried. It has no color to it and it has a slight mango flavor to it thats nice!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of lip balms over the years and this is by far my favorite. I'm one of those girls who can't deal with Chapstick. My lips get all flaky and dry after using them which makes me put on more and more. This lip balm is the opposite. It makes my lips feel very hydrated and slightly pampered even with just one application. I use this day and night and the results are fantastic. The smell and taste is divine which is also an added bonus. I would recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Burt's Bees original lip balm is a staple in my house and I have them stashed all over. I bought this one by mistake not realizing it was different, but I really like it. The mango smells nice but not so perfumey that the men in my family are embarrassed to use it in a pinch. This version has more "slip" than the standard Burt's, which can be a bit waxy. Tradeoff is that it wears off faster, so it's better for day than for bedtime.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

THE SMELL IS AMAZING!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! i only bought this cuz it came with the lemon cuticle cream but wow. it was amazing!!!! it wasnt hard and waxy like other burt bees. it was smooth and soft and wow....

When my lip was chapped and dry, my boss bought me a lip balm for Christmas. Having feeling disappointed over the peppermint lip balm, I am not sure if mango butter will do the magic. Now, it's 2012 and this is my 6th time of using this same lip balm with mango butter with no regret. My sensitive lip is smooth and healthy. Recently, I recommend my guy friend from HK who has dried lip due to the air conditioner in his office. Although he never like to splurge on an expensive lip balm, he is so pleasantly surprised that it heal his chapped lip and it smell so good.

This is definitely my favorite lip balm at the moment. It glides on smoothly and the mango scent is heavenly. It does a great job at keeping my lips moisturized, but then again, I don't live in a place that experiences extreme weather. If I were going to be in freezing cold/windy weather, I'd probably go for some other heavy duty lip balm by Burt's Bees. However, for everyday use, this lip balm is perfect.

I bought this for my boyfriend who has combination skin but very, very chapped lips. A transformation! He uses this daily and in a few weeks has done more for moisturising his lips than calmex has done in years!

Annoyingly a lot of lip balms (including calmex) contain menthol or camphor but these can have a drying effect on the lips. Instead BB uses beeswax and essential oils which have been so lush.

Another benefit is that the smell is lovely and tastes yum (if you accidentally get some in your mouth). I will be buying some more, but for me this time!

Update (1 year later): I've since stolen his lip balm and am using it myself. Love the smell, taste (oops), texture. Really softens the lip. However, this is not going to have an exfoliating effect because it's not designed for this. It just keeps chappedness at bay.

I stopped using it at the start of this winter (I couldn't find it) and got chapped corners of my mouth. Started reusing and haven't suffered any more chappedness :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hands down the best lip balm I've ever tried, and I'm a collector! Tastes delicious, goes on smoothly without feeling waxy, and actually moisturizes your lips instead of just peeling away the top layer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My HG lipbalm ! Very affordable, moisturising, and totally DELICIOUS! :) It is a good base for my lip glosses or lipsticks or just to wear on it's own and it doesn't feel greasy or heavy or 'cheap' at all. Really an exceptional balm at the right price.

bought this after seeing the popularity in this && i was lucky enough to caught it on sale too so it was pretty cheap :) i have used it for about 2 weeks or so ~ its a BIG STEP from my last one! it doesnt feel oily, heavy or weird it gives me a nourishing feeling and is working quite well !! i have pretty dried lips && this helped ALOT but it goes sooo fast it has already shrunk quite abit ~ i do re-apply once in awhile to make sure its there and all

overall: i like it (: