September 17, 2014 | 475 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by neonrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite lip balm at the moment. It glides on smoothly and the mango scent is heavenly. It does a great job at keeping my lips moisturized, but then again, I don't live in a place that experiences extreme weather. If I were going to be in freezing cold/windy weather, I'd probably go for some other heavy duty lip balm by Burt's Bees. However, for everyday use, this lip balm is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by dieffenbachia

I bought this for my boyfriend who has combination skin but very, very chapped lips. A transformation! He uses this daily and in a few weeks has done more for moisturising his lips than calmex has done in years!

Annoyingly a lot of lip balms (including calmex) contain menthol or camphor but these can have a drying effect on the lips. Instead BB uses beeswax and essential oils which have been so lush.

Another benefit is that the smell is lovely and tastes yum (if you accidentally get some in your mouth). I will be buying some more, but for me this time!

Update (1 year later): I've since stolen his lip balm and am using it myself. Love the smell, taste (oops), texture. Really softens the lip. However, this is not going to have an exfoliating effect because it's not designed for this. It just keeps chappedness at bay.

I stopped using it at the start of this winter (I couldn't find it) and got chapped corners of my mouth. Started reusing and haven't suffered any more chappedness :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ejh23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hands down the best lip balm I've ever tried, and I'm a collector! Tastes delicious, goes on smoothly without feeling waxy, and actually moisturizes your lips instead of just peeling away the top layer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

My HG lipbalm ! Very affordable, moisturising, and totally DELICIOUS! :) It is a good base for my lip glosses or lipsticks or just to wear on it's own and it doesn't feel greasy or heavy or 'cheap' at all. Really an exceptional balm at the right price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by cm42908

bought this after seeing the popularity in this && i was lucky enough to caught it on sale too so it was pretty cheap :) i have used it for about 2 weeks or so ~ its a BIG STEP from my last one! it doesnt feel oily, heavy or weird it gives me a nourishing feeling and is working quite well !! i have pretty dried lips && this helped ALOT but it goes sooo fast it has already shrunk quite abit ~ i do re-apply once in awhile to make sure its there and all

overall: i like it (:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by missusmona

the smell of this is DIVINE! much different to the original burts bees, it is a little slicker and glides on a little easier. You can feel the oils drench the lips. Would recommend this in between the harsher seasons (winter and summer im grabbing my original burts bees for the wax factor). this one had a great feel and never makes the lips worse, the natural oils and lack of petroleum product it in makes it another great burts bees product for happy lips!
<3 this and the honey one too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I bought this, I didn't think I would love it. I just thought I would like it and it would be something new to try out. I easily love this as much as the original, maybe even more. If you are familiar with my lip balm reviews, you know that I love the feeling of rubbing my lips together and there being lip balm easy letting them glide across eachother. This gives that feeling, the perfect feeling. The consistency of it is absolutely lovely, my dream lip balm feeling. Saying that, it's fairly oilier than the original, and instead of beeswax as the first ingredient, we have sunflower seed oil and coconut oil ahead of beeswax, which explains the feeling. Because it isn't as waxy, it doesn't last long, so I leave the combo of Burt's Bees Beeswax and Carmex to the night treatment and leave this to the day treatment. I also don't mind applying, because even though this doesn't stay on your lips long, the effect does. When I first opened it, I thought it smelled more like orange than mango. I couldn't believe more people on MUA didn't mention it either. It smelled exactly like an orange drink to me, comparable to an orange kool-aid or an orange fruit punch. Somehow it switched scented tones to me, and now I cannot even smell orange, I only smell juicy mango. It really is an amazing scent, very fruity and tropical. The fact that I'm happy is an understatement, most of the time (with a few exceptions) Burt's ends up having a smell not quite like you would expect it to. In this case, the packaging was not misleading. It goes on clear, and has a little shine if you add enough, but nothing comparable to lip gloss or Carmex. The moisture it gives can be described as heavenly and out of this world. It's great, I have no way to describe it. It's about $3, give or take, at about anywhere that sells lip balm. The fact that it is completely natural is relieving to know too. I would definately reccomend. This product is forever in my pocket and my heart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a dedicated mango lover, I was delighted to find Burt's Bees made a lip balm made with mango butter when I purchased an assorted lot on Ebay. The Pomegranate balm was my favorite, but this one could well take over the title. It's smooth and rich, thanks to the mango butter, but never greasy. The moisture really sinks deep and is remarkably long lasting. It gives my lips a natural looking glow, while never venturing into shine territory. I've been told by a very reliable source that wearing just a balm can actually be sexier than lipstick, making kissing more tempting without the threat of color going everywhere. But I digress. The scent is more of what I would term an allusion to mango, reminding me of the real thing more than smelling exactly like it. It lacks the deep sweetness and tang of the real fruit, but it is very pleasant just the same. I do wish it tasted like it smells, but the flavor is unfortunately more like wax than mango. Oh well, you can't have everything. I do like the colored caps on each type of Burt's Bees balms, which make it easy to pick out the one you want. I think I'll use the pomegranate balm during the winter and the mango balm during the summer. They're good quality, inexpensive and I'll definitely be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very hydrating, natural and wonderful! love the natural scent. highly recommend this one...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by suesand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thing stuff smells amazing and goes on so soft. However, I am constantly reapplying because it doesn't actually moisturize your lips at all. What a waste of money.