August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions Whitening UV Protection SPF25 PA++ (Hot Pink)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by gwenewg

This is one of my favorite bb cream from my stack. I do agree with the Ashy tone that many people are complaining about, but after putting translucent powder and waiting for it to set, it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

As other reviewers have found, this BB cream has a grey-ish tinge to it when first applied but then adapts to your skin tone (not colour) fairly well, especially once you've applied powder over it. I'd say it's ideally suited to NC20-25 skin tones, hence I only wear it in the winter/spring months before my skin darkens. It is fairly thick but sheers out very well with a brush but you only need a very small amount. You can take it right up to the eyes and use less concealer in the process. On summer days when I need a bit of extra help with my problem skin, I squeeze equal amounts of BB cream and foundation, mix well and apply with a brush. The look is great and I still get the high SPF protection and skin-loving properties of a BB cream. It's not my absolute favourite, which is Smashbox in Light, but only because of the slightly off colour. In every other way it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by xclairelouisex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I adore this BB cream! This is the first "Asian" BB cream I've tried (I was previously using Garnier BB cream) & oh my what a difference! It puts the Garnier cream to shame (I don't really see how they can call it a BB cream in the first place as it's so sheer & light!)

I purchased this online as it's not sold in any stores in New Zealand after hearing rave reviews on shaaanxo's YouTube channel. I love the packaging, it looks super cute in my bathroom & yay for it being pink! The only thing I don't like is that you can't see how much you have left =( I don't know when I'm going to run out which is a bit of a pain but I'll just have to make sure I have a back up in the bathroom.

I use this every morning after moisturising (it's quite tricky to spread if your skin is dry), it has a greyish tint to it when you first apply it but as you blend it in it adjusts to your skin tone & looks amazing! It has fantastic coverage (a big huge tick from me!), it looks dewy and fresh & smells lovely.

My mum absolutely loves it also (she tried it after seeing how amazing it looked on my skin) which is a big deal since we have very different skin types & colouring. I have incredibly sensitive skin on my face & never know if a product with give me a reaction or not but this actually seems to soothe my skin! Amazing! LOVE IT

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really liked this initially - it goes on really smooth, has nice coverage and feels lightweight on my skin, and the ashy tone fades to match my skin tone. But after using it for a week I started getting cystic acne, when I haven't broke out in months. I thought maybe it was some other trigger, but as soon as I stopped using this my face cleared up right away. I bought it from a reputable Amazon source too! I guess my skin is too sensitive or just doesn't like an ingredient in this. Too bad. :( I got a few samples of other Skin79 products with my order, so maybe I'll test some of them out and see if they cause a reaction.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

I'm pleased to say there's only two BB creams I've ever given into the hype for... MISSHA and this one

CONS
-grey, grey, grey, grey. Don't believe any of the claims saying this stuff "oxidizes" to match you. Made me look like a ghost face
- only see this working for around nc20-25 skin DEPTH, not undertone. Might work better for more neutral/pink toned girls. If youre yellow toned, youre gonna look absolutely ridiculous
-very clean dispensing of product

PROS
-lasted all day on me, didnt emphasize dry spots, kept me moisturized while not becoming greasy
-good light/med coverage, i imagine it would look quite natural IF the color matches you
-a lot of bang for your buck
-packaging is cute but can be bulky

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by malinpho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Amazon for about $20 including shipping. I have combination skin and I think this BB cream is pretty good. Like others have said, it produces a grey cast but I find that it adjusts to my skin tone in a few minutes. The feel can be greasy but it doesn't really bother me because it feels so light on my skin and evens out my complexion. it doesn't necessarily cover a lot but it's certainly better than other BB creams in terms of coverage. One downside to this BB cream is that it feels really heavy out of the bottle and kind of makes it hard for me to blend and it MAY accentuate dry spots.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by victoriabreton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading so many glowing reviews, I was tempted to stray - if only temporarily - from my Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream (#21, if you're curious) for a bit of a change. With my interests piqued, I purchased Skin79's Super+ BB Cream (Pink) with high expectations.

When I first received this product, I went through a "honeymoon" phase with it. I thought it looked GREAT on my skin, even better than Missha M Perfect Cover. While the coverage is definitely thinner than Missha (light to medium), there was something spectacular about how it looked on my skin. It blurred my imperfections and gave the illusion that my skin was 1000x better than it was - almost doll-ish (yet not cakey).

After a few days of using it, I broke out. I was very disappointed, but thought perhaps my skin was breaking out as a reaction to something else (diet / stress / etc). I very rarely break out. So, I stopped using this BB cream for a few weeks. However, when I revisited it later, I broke out. Again. Not only was that disappointing, but I also realized that the honeymoon phase had come to an abrupt, car-wheels-squealing-on-pavement end. This product suddenly emphasizing my dry flakes while simultaneously making me look kind of "greasy," even when I added pressed powder. Not an ideal combination, to say the least.

I don't know what happened, but this product just doesn't suit me as well as I first thought. I'd love to jump on the bandwagon and say, "This is flawless. Go buy it!" like most people, but... I can't. :( It's just not for me. I'll stick with Missha M Perfect Cover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There is nothing really bad that I can say about this BB cream. There is a reason as to why it is so popular, it's pretty fool-proof. I recommend this to almost anyone who is a complete noobie to Korean BB creams. This does a pretty good job at letting you know what a standard BB cream is like.

Packaging: comes in the iconic hot pink can. Pump is very convenient, but be wary of using a full pump- it pumps way too much product. I only use about half a pump for my whole face.

Texture: this product has a very thick cream consistency, but that is standard for BB creams. You will definitely feel the heaviness on your face especially initially before the cream sets, but it will feel lighter after it sets. Don't expect it to be entirely featherweight, though. That being said, this does not feel at all like Revlon Colorstay, which feels VERY mask-like and heavy. It's not the easiest product to blend into your skin but it won't leave your face streaky.

Scent: this product has a floral, powdery scent. I don't quite enjoy it because I have a very sensitive nose and it lingers for about an hour or two. I wouldn't recommend this for people who want something fragrance-free.

Shade: this is one of the BB creams that is the most lenient when it comes to oxidation. At first it will apply very gray and slightly pinky on your face, but it will oxidize [close] to your skintone- never quite right (especially for Asians- too grey and pink) albeit very close. This is all assuming that you're in the NC/W 20-30 range- if you are darker than this, caution away from this BB cream, or Korean BB creams in general as most are much lighter than this one. That being said, anybody with very yellow or olive undertones should not expect this to perfectly match. On a side note, I've heard people say this oxidizes to NW 25-30 but on my face, it definitely oxidizes to NW20. I have an NC20 skintone, so I think this might be one of the most adaptable BB creams out there. It makes my face look very clean and "white" in a glow-y way strangely without changing the overall tone. For my own preferences, I definitely would prefer more yellow undertones but this is good for pink undertones.

Coverage: this BB cream has pretty magnificent coverage without being cakey. It has a medium-to-full coverage; I don't need to use concealer when I use this BB cream. It conceals pimples and dark circles very well, and will stay in tact for the long remainder of the day unless the pimple is very large and angry/you have severe dark circles, of course. But if in fact you need a little more coverage in some areas, this product can be easily used to spot conceal because it is so buildable without being cakey.

Finish: this BB cream gives you a very natural skin finish, not too dewy or matte. It does not cake up at all. When I wear this, nobody suspects that I have any makeup on.

Lasting power/oil control: with powder, you can expect this to last the whole conventional day. Even when you wear this for longer hours, you will never have the melting makeup face. In my opinion, this has very exceptional oil control for a product that is not matte.

*BONUS - Do the functions really work? : I had the pleasure of using this product for the entire year without interference with other products and it's safe to say that the whitening does work. My skin looked a lot clearer and brighter; I was able to lighten my skin about 2/3 shades. This product also has SPF 25 with PA++, so it will help protect your skin from darkening too quick. Not sure if it's "anti-wrinkle" but TECHNICALLY SPF prevents wrinkles, so it's a little bit of sneaky marketing on their part.

To conclude, there is nothing really wrong with this BB cream, it's easy to see why so many people love it because it fits with most Asian people's skintones (it's wildly popular in Asia) and it's formulated so a wide range of skintypes can use it. This is a great product to start with because you can really figure out if you need more oil control vs. moisture (I prefer a little bit more oil control), use different colors of BB creams to fit your skintone (I eventually found this too pink for me). There is no such thing as a perfect BB cream, but I think this comes close just because it is so versatile.

Recommended for:
-pretty much all skin types
-people with pink undertones, or want to counteract some yellowness
-NC/W 20-30 skintones
-BB cream noobies, this product pretty much encompasses what most Korean BBs are like (products are easier to explore after you try this)
-people who want something that they can just apply and run out the door with- no concealer needed