September 20, 2014 | 1742 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by pipettedreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the Naked 3 palette:

I have all three Naked palettes, but this one is my favorite. The first one is nice but there are too many shades that have glitter that falls down with application, and there are several frequently repeated shades that are in a ton of UD palettes like Smog and Half Baked. The Naked 2 is too cool for my skin tone, and still has glittery shades that fallout and get all over my face.

This one, however, is pretty much perfect. It is neutral leaning warm, and looks great on my neutral-warm skin tone. The colors are unique and not repeated, and even the shimmery shades have minimal fallout. There are several brow highlight shades and a liner color, so it can hold up on its own and is a great single palette to bring when traveling. The rosegold color scheme is on trend. Packaging is beautiful and sturdy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gotta say this is my fav naked palette out of the three naked palettes. Amazing colors. Excellent color payoff !! I know some people are not fond of the price but if u think about it .. you get 12 full-size eyeshadows for 52 dollars so each eyeshadow would cost you around 4 dollars only. And with those colors, you won't need to buy any other every-day eyeshadow palette for a really long time. you can create a lot of very different looks from very simple to dramatic. you'll love this palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Where to start with this review..Ive had this for 2 years now? Or has it been 3? Ive been through good times and bad times with this and I still have it to this day. I have on some of the shades as I type this! before I start, I'm very pleased with this pallet and I prefer this hands down over the 2nd and 3rd pallets. There's a reason why I call it My Old Faithful!

Currently in my pallet, some of the shades are completely used up(Half baked&Side Car). These were my favorite. When I bought this, I was such a glitter freak(still am) that I was instantly drawn to these two shades; actually I think I bought this pallet just for these two. My old roommates also greedily dug their brushes and fingers into these two shades. They are the most popular I think because they look good on everyone from my ghostly white roommate, to the other one addicted to spray tans and me, somewhere in the middle.

With time, I branched out to the others. I have many times, fell in love with a different shade or two that I seldom use. Recently I started to use matte eye shadows, learning how to contour the eye, and shading properly. I now am in love with the shades Naked and Buck! A perfect all over and crease shade!!!! Ive also used Buck for my eyebrows a couple of times. The most unique e/s in the whole pallet is Hustle. Ive never seen such a dark purple brown. The shades I do not use hardly at all are Virgin and Gunmetal. Virgin I find it too light and Gunmetal....I just dont like greys..

I could write a whole Lord of The Rings sized book just describing the shadows! The rest of the shadows are still existing in my pallet are still smooth, velvety, and vibrant as the day i bought it. Not going to lie, the packaging looks like Sh*t now. I accidentally stepped on it and broke the mirror. Ive traveled with it, its been in my purse, luggage, drawer, on the ground, etc, etc.....It has stains on it! I dont know how it happened. The velvety covering material clings to dust, dirt and other makeups. the NAKED print on the front is obliterated, gone! There's tape coming off on the back and its sticky!!!! AND it opens very easily!!! Overall, packaging is NOT durable.

The looks you can create with this pallet are endless. Sexy looks, easy day looks, smokey, natural, everything you name it. There are plenty of photos and videos all over the internet on the various looks you can create with this. I find this pallet, the warmest out of all the pallets. I am NC40-44, Dark brown eyes; I am drawn to warmer things and I find this pallet more flattering. The other pallets are cooler, pink, and frostier(NAKED 2&3).

This IS expensive BUT look at all the eye shadows it comes with! Not to mention the brush, which by the way, all of the NEWER pallets come with DOUBLE sided brushes while the older ones(Mine) came only with a Single sided brush. Its like a concealer brush, I dint like it very much. Ive also seen EYELINER come with it?! A double sided eyeliner of black and brown. Ive never seen that, it certainly never came in mine!*pft*

NAKED holds a special place in my heart! So cheesy I know! Its worth the money, Im very very very very very VERY happy that I bought this awhile back!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is my favorite palette of all time! I wear this all the time. I use all the colors except the last two. Its expensive but worth it!!
Pros:
Richly pigmented
Buttery texture
Great variety of shadows
The brush that comes with it is great for applying eyeshadow

Cons:
None what so ever

I will definitely repurchase if i ever run out which won't be for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the nicest eye shadow palette ever! It has the most beautiful selection of colours! It has lovely gold colours especially the smog and half baked. It also has nice a silver gunmetal and a shimmery navy one near the end. It has nice day time pinks to if you just want a light look such as sin and virgin. This is the only eyeshadow I own as I don't think you need any other eye shadows these are most of the nicest colours you need. You also only need a little bit on the brush and it provides a lot of colour, so you don't need to put on load. The colour lasts all day or night too, especially with the potion. I think this palette has a better selection of colours than 1 and 2. The suede palette is very pretty too. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by PonPonPon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this so much, but on my tan skin all the meidum colors just looked muddy/dirty, and the lighter/darker colors are just too dramatic and glittery for an everyday look. I like my makeup to look natural and most of the shades are just to glittery and impractical for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by itskatiexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do use this palette everyday to do my makeup, and for the most part I really do like the palette. I find *with a good primer* (I use Urban Decays Primer Potion) the shadows last all day and stay as vibrant as they were when you first applied them. They are really blendable which is important when you want to create a smooth, blended looking eye. I've also had this palette for a good year and haven't even come close to hitting pan on any of the colours- so for me, the price is well worth it. This palette includes 2 matte colours and the other 10 are shimmer based. In my opion I would have liked to see a few more matte colours to this palette, but i do enjoy wearing shimmer shadows as well. If i had to only choose two matte colours to be included in the palette, I would have picked the exact colours that are already included. (A light brown: Naked, and a bit of a deeper brown: Buck) With any look that i'm creating, these are my favourite transition shadows- even if i'm not using the entire palette for one look, you can bet that im using Naked and Buck on my eyes! With that being said, you can create a few really great looks with this palette on it's own without any other help from other shadows. I travel with this palette all the time, its a great palette for that. I can create a natural, soft eye look or a deeper more dramatic eye look with this single palette. I find that it suits all skin tones when used properly, but looks best on fair-medium and deeper tones. I find when you have good brushes, you dont get much fallout- but if you dont shake off the excess shadow you may find fallout.. I would repurchase this palette, but be more opt to repurchase the few colours i use daily before that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by livefastanddiepretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

From reading the other reviews I have noticed that many are complaining about the price of this palette, when in fact it is not that highly priced. The 12-shadow palette retails for $54USD, which amounts to $4.50USD per shadow. Not that bad at all, even compared to drugstore brands' prices. I received this as a Christmas gift in 2012 and have been using it at least 3-4 times a week and I have never run out (or even came close to running out) of any of the colors so far!

I absolutely love this palette! I have fair skin that is also very dry, mostly on the bridge of my nose, my forehead and my cheeks, but also on my eyelids. These eyeshadows, especially when applied over the Primer Potion, are fairly well pigmented and stay put all day without smearing or fading. The shadows feel soft upon application and even the most glittery ones do not feel thick or grainy. They do not irritate my eyelids or worsen the dryness. They also do not smell bad, which is always a plus!

The colors are beautiful and each is different. Some are matte, some are shimmery, some are glittery and they all have a unique shade. My favorite color combinations are: Virgin, Sin, Sidecar and Toasted or Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse and Hustle. Both looks are nice against my dark blue eyes!

I will definitely repurchase this when I run out (or if I lose it first!) I am looking forward to buying Naked2, which will complement my blue eyes perfectly, but I am under the impression that Naked3 is marketed to costumers with brown eyes, which leaves me uncertain about purchasing it. Anyone know if it's any good for fair skin/blue eyes?

My only negative comment about the Naked palette is that the box opens quite easily which can make it difficult to carry in a bag or while travelling. Also, there should be a space in the palette to carry the Primer Potion that comes with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this, have used UD for several years and the brand has never failed. Good quality shadows, shades are suited to all skin tones and long lasting :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by soccermom22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all time faviorte product. love every color. this is a must have