July 30, 2014 | 1522 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Dial Up

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

I bought this mascara because I found it interesting that you can go from subtle lashes to full dramatic lashes. I bought this for around 9 Canadian dollars, so it would be a medium price for me. I tried out all the dials and I did see some difference as the number went up. I only use the 3rd dial because I only want dramatic lashes. I like that this product is build-able, you can layer it to achieve dramatic lashes, so I do like that. I do find that this product does clump, I suggest you wipe off the excess and start from closest to the roots of the eye lashes as possible to avoid clumping. This product is cruelty free as well. That is all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This is reminiscent of both Maybelline's ex-Dial-A-Lash and Rich and Gentle or something mascara of the 1980s. The formula seems to go on smoothly, albeit well, but with no smudges and seems to be a good lengthening and curling mascara but not sure about the thickening part. However, this seems to be pretty good overall and not sure that I would buy again, but is ok in that it doesn't flake or smudge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is a very average mascara. I was sucked in by the "adjustable" dial, which of course turned out to be a gimmick because, as other reviewers have notes, all 3 settings yield the same effect. I agree with others that the wiper doesn't do a very good job at getting the excess mascara off the wand.

the dark black color was indeed a deep, rich black, so I give it kudos for that. Additionally, I did get a fair amount of length. However, this mascara flakes and smudged, so overall, this is not a repurchase for me. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by nikanika651

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just tried this products today and I don't see why so many people dont like this mascara. I think it's pretty decent for a mascara under $10. It does not do much for voume but it does engthen and is very pigmented. I did not see much of a diff between 1 and 3, except 3 gave me a sight bit more length. I am not sure about staying power yet. I will have to see.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by mandyblushingout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i got it in blackest black and its very pigmanted thats the reason it go the 2 and the packaging is cute. clumps like no other. horrible its clumpy even on setting one very disappointed

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Wags, because after coupons and Register Rewards it came out to $3 for two, plus each pack had a free eyeliner inside. I got Blackest Black. First, I do not like the brush. The bristles are really short and it took a while to get any noticeable coverage. The formula wouldn't have seemed so wet if the mouth of the tube had been smaller, and kept more of the product inside. Also, I didn't notice any difference between setting one and three. I wasn't wowed by either the thickness or the length of my lashes. But after a full day, it didn't smear or flake, even after a sudden fit of weeping. I wiped at my eyes and no mascara in the tears. Also, I don't like the stumpy tube. I'm probably going to return these. Remember Maybelline's Dial-a-Lash? Why'd they discontinue that? That was a great mascara. And it had TEN levels, not just a measly three.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara takes some work to make it usable, hence the 3, but the results are lovely on my lashes.
Pros:
GREAT length
not too expensive
easily found in most drugstores/ulta
Cons:
dial up thing is a gimmick. if i go over the first setting, it's clumps galore.
consistency is very wet. had to let it sit open to the air for 15 minutes in order to help it dry up a bit. now that i've done that, the consistency is better.
packaging is pretty crappy, and not conducive to helping the mascara wand stay clump free.

All in all, i would maybe buy this again. the results are great, but only because i let it become drier and by not using the other 2 settings. i also occasionally have to use a spoolie on my lashes to get rid of the spider lash effect (some days it can be spidery looking, other days not. its finnicky).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Terrible terrible terrible! I never should have fallen for the buy mascara and get eyeliner for free deal at Walgreens. I was looking for a new normal black daily wear mascara and came across this piece of sh*t.

I mainly blame it on the brush/non existent bristles, in that it clumps your lashes like crazy when you try to apply. The formula also dries flaky and stiff. The "dial up" aspect is a joke and the self advancing eyeliner that I got with it is also crap.
The tip of the eyeliner actually broke off when I tried to apply it to my upper lashline. And the liner was hard and tugged at my eyelid - not a smooth application at all. I am literally going to throw it out...

This is not just an "Ok I don't like it so I'll give it to someone" kind of thing; it is a "this is so useless and trash that I'm embarrassed to even consider giving it to anyone". I know you shouldn't judge a makeup line by one product...but in this case I've tried two and it's probably my first and last time with Almay.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by dashie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not like this at all. The advertisement for this made it look a lot better then it actually is! Does not at thickness or length and gives a wire/clumped kind of look to the lashes. Not flattering at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great day wear mascara. The formula wasn't clumpy and I liked the way my lashes looked when it was on. I needed to apply a fair few coats for a sultry look. It wore well. However it's not dramatic or full enough for night wear.

The 3 stage coat (1 being the less dramatic and 3 being the most) was a total gimic. I couldn't tell the difference between any of them. And I really *loathe* products that make you fiddle & fuss just because the companies think it's a great marketing ploy. Dial Up? Pretty gay if you ask me.

All in all, I like the formula so yes, I would buy again.