Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 1/20/2014 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OH. MY. GOD. This is the mascara I've been searching for my entire life.

I have Asian monolids and stick-straight, short, stubborn Asian lashes to go with the monolids. In short, I never expected my lashes could EVER look this good.

I've been playing around with other Japanese mascaras, with the rationale that Japanese makeup brands understand my Asian lashes (the eyeliners they make certainly understand my Asian monolids). After going through mascaras like the Fairy Drops in several colours/formulations, both the Kiss Me Heroine mascaras, and even the CG Clump Crusher, I expected my lashes with mascara to always look a certain way. (I was resigned to my natural lashes, basically)

This blew everything out of the water. It gives me unbelievable length, loads of volume, and basically makes my lashes look more incredible than any other mascara ever has. I will keep buying this forever and ever while testing out other mascaras on the side until something better comes along. This even blows Maybelline's The Rocket mascara out of the water!!!

I love this mascara. While mascara is so incredibly personal and different for everyone's lashes, TRY THIS. It's so cheap, you won't regret it.

on 1/17/2014 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

if you have short straight droopy sparse eyelashes and oily eyelids like me, this is the perfect mascara for you. Not only is it cheap and so easily accessible everywhere, it separates your lashes, lengthens them and holds them so well (including those tiny bottom lashes!) Your lashes remain curled all day. Best of all, because it's waterproof, it doesn't smudge at all, yet it's quite easily come off if you use a good eye makeup remover. I've tried other waterproof mascaras and have to say this is one of the easiest ones to take off.

The only thing I didn't like about this mascara is the brush - it's crappy looking and when you slap it on your lashes, the application feels weird, as though you are not putting mascara on at all. But it's the result that matters, isn't it!

Overall, highly recommended, would definitely repurchase.

on 1/11/2014 6:39:00 PM

I really don't like this mascara. I have naturally long lashes, so most mascaras work pretty well for me. The only issue I run into often is smudging, as I have dry under eyes that I moisturize well, causing transfer, and also the length makes it easy to transfer on my lids.
This mascara, however, I can't get to work for me. It's way too watery for my taste (maybe it will get better as it dries up a bit), and so I feel like I can't build volume. I try to put it on a thin coat at a time, let it dry a bit, comb, and repeat, but I still get clumping. I can't really get length, either, without getting those weird ends that point in the wrong directions, which is unusual for me. I don't feel like it's waterproof, either, and it transfers all over the place.
The brush seems to work okay, and maybe I would like it better with another formula of mascara.
I definitely won't repurchase.

on 1/10/2014 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's ok. I put it on my upper lashes and it smudges underneath my eyes but if I comb it out after applying it's better. Pretty good and volumnizing. Will not repurchase, want to find one with better staying power.

This is one of my favorite mascaras for the simple reason that it delivers exceptionally well. Once you get the hang of applying it, you will experience long, lush doll-like lashes without the spidery mess. It has fiber extensions like the better lengthening mascaras out there. However, its formula is wet enough to be buildable so you can layer it on to produce amazing lengths. Also, it is not gunky and messy like other fiber mascaras in the market. This makes it a joy to use. The black pigment is nicely dark and opaque. The brush is big and has a built-in flex so you can really reach from root to tip while coaxing a proper curl. It does not flake and has good staying power. Also, it does not have an off-putting scent. Lastly, it is reasonably priced for the quality of lashes it yields.

on 1/5/2014 10:32:00 PM

I like this mascara but it's just above average. It gave me volume but it clumped a little. My on gripe about this product is that it makes my curl drop... Like it was too wet and heavy for my medium length lashes. I prefer the Maybelline's Great Lash Lots Of Lashes over this.

on 1/5/2014 4:16:00 AM

I can't believe it took me this long to actually decide to use it! I thought it wouldn't be worth the hype and the price was a bit much for me. However I was able to get my hands on it when it was 70% off so I thought why not test this out, see if it's just as great as EVERYBODY is saying - and it def is. Even my friends have noticed, stopping me mid conversation to inspect my lashes!

on 1/2/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mascara!! Not smudge and waterproof! I bought this because of its cute packaging. When new year's eve with my family I was exhausted and sleep early when I still wore mascara, when I got up at half past eleven, I thoght that I'll woke up with totally dark eyes and the mascara smudged yet I was very surprised this mascara not smudge after all even though I slept. This mascara not make eyelash spidery, it make my eyelashes thicker & longer, a bit clumped when I put more than 4 or 5 brushed. Overall this is worth to try mascara! Love this and definitely repurchase

The brush makes it so easy to use! It's a curved brush that reaches the nooks and crannies of your eyelashes, from its roots to its tips. It lengthens the lashes for sure, but only does so much for volume and thickness. In love with it's pretty packaging too, in a purple tube with metallic turquoise writing!

on 12/26/2013 9:52:00 AM

I bought this mascara based on the rave reviews here on MUA. This mascara did not disappoint. It's very very affordable for such a good product. It's comparable to the Lancome L'Extreme that I used to buy for 3 times the price, and this has a better wand. I purchased the waterproof version, it gives me really great lift and extension, and doesn't smudge for about 4-5 hours. Thank you for the recommendation!