December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by janjan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara definitely lives up to its waterproof, long-lasting claims.

It definitely gives volume but it doesn't really help with maintaining a curl.

I won't buy again just because I don't think it's special enough to warrant a repurchase, though I do like this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the waterproof in black drama:
Pros:
-provides decent volume
-very pigmented
-holds curl
-very waterproof
-does not clump if layered on

Cons:
-it smudges badly!! And then you cant clean it off at school because its so waterproof
-does not deliver length

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's my experience with this mascara, which some might hate, but it's great, and here is why this keeps being the best mascara I've tried to date.
It elongates, gives volume and keeps curl all day long.
I take it off with coconut oil, and it's very easy.
A week ago I've found out why some might hate it.
I got a new one and tossed it in my bag.
Applied it on my way to work, and didn't have my eyelash curler with me, and did it quickly.
And then I hated Maybelline The Falsies waterproof with all my heart.
My lashes got all gunked/clumped together, and stuck straight horizontally
So,
1. the mascara needs to be a bit drier then when you first open it
2. you need to curl your lashes beforehand, and curl them on the base, middle and tips, and do it like there is no tomorrow
3. the curler must suit your eye shape, and the curler-pad should be fairly new
4. do the tips of the lashes first, so it elongates, and then the base, swiping it carefully and maybe cleaning excess off the wand first
5. don't wait too long between coats
When I observe all that, AND TAKE MY TIME, lashes hit eyelids.
If I combine The Falsies waterproof with Essence Stays no Matter What, lashes hit brows and ppl ask if I have false eyelashes on
I only go for that on evenings, for I find too extreme.
I'm not fond of the fuchsia-pink tube, it looks silly to me. I'd prefer a sleek, more simple packaging, but, oh well, it works, you can close it really tightly, and that's what matters.
I'll keep repurchasing and gifting it to friends and relatives (along with a lash curler).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by JesterGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to mascara for quite a while now, I keep trying others but in the end I come back to either this or Falsies Flared. It's not perfect, but I have yet to find a mascara that is lol. I personally prefer the non-waterproof kind, because the waterproof stays a little TOO well haha... I spent a weekend out, so didn't get a chance to shower til I came home, it stayed on the whole time. when I got home and showered the mascara finally came off, but I had to use makeup remover AFTER the shower, to make sure it was totally gone! so staying power, yes. The only thing about this brand is if you don't use mascara alot, the tube will probably dry up before you finish it, and it tends to flake a little. But those few things aside, this is my FAVORITE mascara so far. My lashes looks noticeably more dramatic, they might not exactly look "fake" but they look about twice as big as they really are!!! love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't expect an actual falsies look, but it did a good job of making my lashes lush and prominent; three coats did me good. Can't say I was a fan of how it could clump, but a good lash comb helps fix that problem. I did like how the applicator was curved so I could get a decent amount of product on the lashes. Waterproof like it says- I was caught by some rain one day and no smudging or running. It runs for $7.50 on drugstore.com but they always have sales there, and I got it for $5.99 at the time, but for the retail price its a very good product with cute packaging, will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this and The Rocket WP up at Shoppers Drug Mart with a BOGO coupon when I learned that they either have just stopped stocking my usual Volum' Express The Turbo WP or it has been discontinued. I only picked this one up because of the coupon and it was the mascara I expected to like a lot less out of the two because of the curved brush (just haven't had much luck with them in the past). The brush was a little intimidating at first because of the unusual shape (it's not just curved... it really is "spoon" shaped, like they say) and I really didn't have high expectations. Well, what a pleasant surprise... It actually worked really, really well! It's very black, as the name suggests, and I liked that it was a wetter formula and applied fairly heavy to quickly plump up my long but thin lashes. I usually end up having to apply many coats to get my lashes to really show up, but this only took about two coats (not letting it dry inbetween) to achieve the same effect. I like how you can either use the longer-bristled sides of the brush to separate your lashes after applying, or just keep using the inner side of the "spoon" for more of a doll lash look (the effect I like). The outer side of the tip of the brush also worked especially well on my lower lashes because of the outward curve (less messy). Like most other Volum' Express WP formulas I've tried, it didn't flake or smudge on me throughout the day, and it was easy to remove with Neutrogena's Oil-Free eye makeup remover. This one's a winner in my books!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting to try this for a long time but overall I thought it was a bit meh in performance. It did give my lashes some volume, but didn't do much in terms of length. It did help to separate my lashes and open up my eyes which was nice. It just didn't give the dramatic look I was hoping for. I'm glad this worked well for others, but unfortunately I wasn't too impressed. I will use my tube up until I find something better. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ginny22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara as I have fairly long eyelashes but need volume which is what this mascara gives me. I also will only wear waterproof mascara so this suits me perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Val9756

Thickens some, lengthens only a little, and smudges/flakes by mid-day. Did not hold curl either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This waterproof mascara holds a curl so incredibly well. Lasts and lasts throughout the day. No flakes or smudging. It also makes my lashes look thicker and longer. When I use an eyelash curler with this stuff, I get asked if my eyelashes are real. This mascara can be hard to remove, however, without a proper eye-makeup remover. Holding something like a cotton ball, with something like the oil-free Neutrogena eye make-up remover on the cotton ball, up to the eye for a number of seconds and then gently wiping away the makeup, can help break down the mascara. I was using Neutrogena's makeup removing towelettes but that took 15 minutes to properly remove the stuff. (I don't think the towelettes are the best for really long lasting waterproof mascara) So make sure you have something that can actually remove waterproof mascara or it will be a pain to remove. I think that this stuff is HG material. And the price makes me even more happy as I have used numerous high end mascaras over the years.