October 31, 2014 | 1370 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
Eco Friendly
Very soft
Sturdy
Cons:
Doesn't apply color well
Shapes of the brushes aren't ideal for implied application
Would I buy again?: Nope; there are other cheaper alternatives that work better.

after all the great reviews here... i really wanted to try these out and stop spending a lot on MAC brushes. these cannot compare. They just don't apply my shadows well. I liked the big fluffy brush best, the angled/outer corner shadow brush was ok/different... but i didn't reach for it much. The 'blending' brush was NOT blendable... but rather good for packing on a darker color in your outer crease (which is not what i bought it for). and the smallest 2 brushes were pretty worthless to me - maybe ok for small concealer application. but whatever. giving these to my 21 yr old sister who is just starting to get into brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by smn93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great set! It's cheap and you get 5 wonderfully crafted brushes. All of them apply pigment really well, and because it comes with the case, it's great for travel. I would recommend this to everyone, but especially to people just getting into makeup because you get 5 basic brushes that help you create some gorgeous eye looks really easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by ValerieFlowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like these brushes. My favorite ones are the blending one, the crease one, and the smudge. It is unbelievable to me how for less than 6 dollars I can have such good brushes. Also, I like that they are eco-friendly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

meh. just okay. i actually regret buying this, simply b/c i don't use it. the brushes were all about too stiff, and i need to "enjoy" the softness of a brush to keep using it. but i love the look...just not the brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm always a little nervous to try out synthetic hair brushes because I feel like they don't pick up powder well enough, but these brushes are amazing! I've been needing some new brushes, especially a new crease brush. This set is perfect, especially since I bought it as part of a BOGOF deal at RA a few months ago. It's the perfect size to take with me if I ever travel, and it has every brush i need to create an eye look.

I use the big fluffy brush to place my highlight and for a wash of color on my lids. It holds powder eyeshadows very well, and blends them smoothly. I don't really use the angled eyeshadow brush very often, but when I do, I use it to place shadow on the outer half of my lid. This brush also picks up powder well, but it's just not a must have. The crease brush is my favorite since it can blend eyeshadows, be used to put shadows all over the lid, and for only putting shadows in my crease. It's extremely soft, and blends everything together. The powder also adheres well to the brush, something I was concerned about when I first bought the set. The dense eyeshadow brush is very small, but it's great for detail work, such as applying colors to the outer V, which is what I use it most often for. It's very firm, so it applies color precisely. The small smudger brush is a brush I reach for everyday to apply shadow on my lower and upper lashline. Since I don't like to use a lot of eyeliner, this is perfect for applying darker shadows as my liner. It doesn't create any fallout when i brush it under my eyes, and it creates a perfectly smudged, but precise line.

All these brushes are excellent quality. They pick up powder well, an important quality to me, and they are extremely soft. I haven't had any problems washing them either! I was skeptical about buying synthetic brushes, but I will definitely pick up more now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

hmm... i bought this a few months ago when I just started experimenting with eyeshadows. It's not the end-all product that I want. I like the highlighting brush and use it as a crease brush, and it works well to give that soft gradient look. It does not pick color well like my smashbox brushes. I appreciate that it is soft on my eyes. I just use three brushes often. The highlight brush and the two smaller brushes. The smallest brush is good for applying MAC russian red as it gives me the control I need. The other small brush, I use to line my upper and lower lids. I wont buy again because I'll probably start collecting more expensive brushes. If you are just starting out and expensive brands make you leery, these are extremely useful. The fact that it doesnt pick heavy pigment well means you can learn how to pack eyeshadow on. Oh, and the large blending brush came off the handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are great brushes!! the bristles are soft and the handle is sturdy. another great buy from ecotools!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another great buy from Eco Tools. I like the eye brush set, but I wish the brushes were larger in size. Sometimes it's hard for me to use travel size brushes on a daily basis. The kit contains:

>Large Eye Brush ~ Apply and blend shadows.

>Angled Crease Brush ~ Softly apply color to crease for definition.

>Petite Eye Shading Brush ~ Use with deeper or accent colors for a bold look.

>Highlighting Brush ~ Perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corners of the eye.

>Smudge Brush ~ Smudge shadow and liner along lash line for a smoky look.

>Cosmetic Case with Mirror ~ Conveniently stores the brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I continue to be amazed at the quality of this line. This set is amazing. Totally comparable to the more expensive brushes, ie. MAC. Soft, yet firm. I get great application and my makeup looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by missandix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this online off drugstore.com since my country doesn't have any decent affordable brushes. my only problem with this is the little case since its fabric, washable, but you can't wipe it off. so i mover the brushes to a mini pencil holder i found really cheap which is the same color as the ferrules.
not onto the brushes.... the crease brush is my favorite by far. it really does all the job for you in just a second, and blends the eyeshadow itself because its fluffy, but not too much, so it is still precise. the big one that says blend is great for blending, applying an all over wash of shadow, applying highlighter under the brow and my fav - highlighter on top of the cheekbones. perfect size! the one that says highlight is a really nice blending brush! the small one that says smudge is great for highlighting the inner corners of the eyes, cupid's bow, and obviously applying shadow on the lower lash line. the one that says shade is good for applying shadow on the lid and highlighting brows and inner corners.
the brushes are very soft, the look very nice. their size is very good for traveling but they also aren't too short.
i love this!!!