August 27, 2014 | 1870 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by ValerieFlowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like these brushes. My favorite ones are the blending one, the crease one, and the smudge. It is unbelievable to me how for less than 6 dollars I can have such good brushes. Also, I like that they are eco-friendly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

meh. just okay. i actually regret buying this, simply b/c i don't use it. the brushes were all about too stiff, and i need to "enjoy" the softness of a brush to keep using it. but i love the look...just not the brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm always a little nervous to try out synthetic hair brushes because I feel like they don't pick up powder well enough, but these brushes are amazing! I've been needing some new brushes, especially a new crease brush. This set is perfect, especially since I bought it as part of a BOGOF deal at RA a few months ago. It's the perfect size to take with me if I ever travel, and it has every brush i need to create an eye look.

I use the big fluffy brush to place my highlight and for a wash of color on my lids. It holds powder eyeshadows very well, and blends them smoothly. I don't really use the angled eyeshadow brush very often, but when I do, I use it to place shadow on the outer half of my lid. This brush also picks up powder well, but it's just not a must have. The crease brush is my favorite since it can blend eyeshadows, be used to put shadows all over the lid, and for only putting shadows in my crease. It's extremely soft, and blends everything together. The powder also adheres well to the brush, something I was concerned about when I first bought the set. The dense eyeshadow brush is very small, but it's great for detail work, such as applying colors to the outer V, which is what I use it most often for. It's very firm, so it applies color precisely. The small smudger brush is a brush I reach for everyday to apply shadow on my lower and upper lashline. Since I don't like to use a lot of eyeliner, this is perfect for applying darker shadows as my liner. It doesn't create any fallout when i brush it under my eyes, and it creates a perfectly smudged, but precise line.

All these brushes are excellent quality. They pick up powder well, an important quality to me, and they are extremely soft. I haven't had any problems washing them either! I was skeptical about buying synthetic brushes, but I will definitely pick up more now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

hmm... i bought this a few months ago when I just started experimenting with eyeshadows. It's not the end-all product that I want. I like the highlighting brush and use it as a crease brush, and it works well to give that soft gradient look. It does not pick color well like my smashbox brushes. I appreciate that it is soft on my eyes. I just use three brushes often. The highlight brush and the two smaller brushes. The smallest brush is good for applying MAC russian red as it gives me the control I need. The other small brush, I use to line my upper and lower lids. I wont buy again because I'll probably start collecting more expensive brushes. If you are just starting out and expensive brands make you leery, these are extremely useful. The fact that it doesnt pick heavy pigment well means you can learn how to pack eyeshadow on. Oh, and the large blending brush came off the handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are great brushes!! the bristles are soft and the handle is sturdy. another great buy from ecotools!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another great buy from Eco Tools. I like the eye brush set, but I wish the brushes were larger in size. Sometimes it's hard for me to use travel size brushes on a daily basis. The kit contains:

>Large Eye Brush ~ Apply and blend shadows.

>Angled Crease Brush ~ Softly apply color to crease for definition.

>Petite Eye Shading Brush ~ Use with deeper or accent colors for a bold look.

>Highlighting Brush ~ Perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corners of the eye.

>Smudge Brush ~ Smudge shadow and liner along lash line for a smoky look.

>Cosmetic Case with Mirror ~ Conveniently stores the brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I continue to be amazed at the quality of this line. This set is amazing. Totally comparable to the more expensive brushes, ie. MAC. Soft, yet firm. I get great application and my makeup looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by missandix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this online off drugstore.com since my country doesn't have any decent affordable brushes. my only problem with this is the little case since its fabric, washable, but you can't wipe it off. so i mover the brushes to a mini pencil holder i found really cheap which is the same color as the ferrules.
not onto the brushes.... the crease brush is my favorite by far. it really does all the job for you in just a second, and blends the eyeshadow itself because its fluffy, but not too much, so it is still precise. the big one that says blend is great for blending, applying an all over wash of shadow, applying highlighter under the brow and my fav - highlighter on top of the cheekbones. perfect size! the one that says highlight is a really nice blending brush! the small one that says smudge is great for highlighting the inner corners of the eyes, cupid's bow, and obviously applying shadow on the lower lash line. the one that says shade is good for applying shadow on the lid and highlighting brows and inner corners.
the brushes are very soft, the look very nice. their size is very good for traveling but they also aren't too short.
i love this!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting much from these brushes given the price ($8.00)...I pretty much figured I would be happy if I ended up liking one of the brushes for this price. It turns out I not only like, but love, all of the brushes in this set. They are very soft and work as well, if not better than, other $$$ brushes that I have purchased. This was my first Ecotools purchase, and I will be checking out their other brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by shakeuptampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had seen these at local stores for around $10, I was lucky enough to receive in a swap on MUA. At first by site I thought some of the brushes would be too big, but in reality they are perfect. They are labeled for the newbie who might not be sure what brush is for what, but are the perfect size in your hand. Each brush is so soft and easy to use, application is a cinch. I had no shedding from the brushes, and my layering of shadows has never been so easy. Even my boyfriend noticed a difference with application. They are now my favorite eye brushes by far!