April 24, 2014 | 1944 users online

Bronzers - St.Tropez - Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

So, here is the thing. This Self tanner is EXTREMELY expensive here, and it shouldn't be that expensive. BUT its good.
It gives u a very EVEN colour, NOT orange.
And i've tried MANY self tanners out there, non of them as natural tan looking as this one.
It looks really good on my arms and chest and hole body.
BUT on my face it really CLOGS my pores and makes my face looks dirty, even after I cleans the guide colour off in the morning, around any pimples and stuff (I dont have many) it looks HORRIBLE. And when I wash my face, the tan is pretty much GONEWould buy again cause its good on my body and i dont have a tanner that looks that good on my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing and replaces all of my previous fav self tanners. If this product was just mousse and "indicator color" and didn't even self tan i'd still use it. The color is amazing. So natural, and it actually made me realize how orange other self tanners made me look!

I have used this on my face and it worked great but would probably only do it overnight from now on. I can leave the house with it on everywhere on my body but on my face, the indicator color ends up looking really brown and patchy.

Nice, smooth application. I've not had an issue with streaking or overapplication or even odd color results on dry areas. It's the only tanner that I can apply correctly on my hands, feet, knees, and ankles withouth turning orange or brown.

GET THE APPLICATOR MITT. It will stain your hands and is impossible to remove no matter how much you wash your hands during application.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Sadly, this was a no for me for various reasons:
-it stains like crazy
-it looks orangey on my pale skin
-it does not blend easily even after exfoliation
-the top leaks
-it transfers
-even a day later, if a drop water runs down my leg, a light line occurs
I MUCH prefer Lancome Flash Bronzer for its transfer-proof formula, even application and dependability.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by 87PersianPrincess

I always go back to this self tanner. Price is around $28. Dries very fast. You only need 1 application a week (2 if you are super white) and it fades very naturally. Use gloves and you can not go wrong. You have to try it!!
I heard that St. Moriz is a dupe for this, so I bought two. The first one was so gritty. Opened the other thinking it was a fluke, but the same thing happened and it just is not the same. Sorry St Moriz!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by denns

Greatest self-tanner ever. Looks so freaking NATURAL!! Easy to apply, doesn't streak, washes off to a beautiful bronze, it can be subtle or you can build the color, and it lasts for a week even if you shower every day. There's no way you can screw up! And if you do, St. Tropez makes a self-tanner removal product. Brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by mleavey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pale, pale, and pale and have tried every self tanner...this is unreal. My legs are literally "tan" - I used a self tanning mitt (ULTA) and it was helpful. I didn't have any remnants on my sheets overnight either. Although, I do smell a tad self-tanner-y this a.m. even though I showered.....BUT, it is worth it. It's brown, doesn't streak and super easy to apply.....AND IT DRIES IN A MINUTE!! LOVE!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jbwoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE it. I began using this about a year and a half ago, and JUST NOW ordered another bottle - that's how long it took me to go through it! I use it every day on my face and decollete, in the summer I use it all over if I'm going to be in shorts, etc... Anyway, regardless, it lasts a long time. It does not feel heavy on skin and doesn't smell bad. Gives a nice, natural tan glow. Love that it's a foamy mousse - feels easier to apply and blend than lotion. I will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best self tanner I've ever tried.
Not only is the color very natural and not orange at all; it's also extremely easy to apply.
It doesn't have a strong smell, and the fact that it's tinted so you can see where you're putting it is a major plus!
It dries quickly, but that also means that you have to blend and buff quickly. There's no time for dilly-doddling with this product, unless you want streaks and lines.

With that, the first time I tried this, I did experience some streaks. But that is my fault for not blending as well in some areas as others. Besides those mess-ups, It gave me an even tan that looks natural and sun kissed.

It is expensive. With $30 for a 4 oz and $40 for an 8 oz; it's not the least expensive self tanner out there. But for what it does, it is worth it. You just have to keep in mind that the chances of a $5 drugstore self tanner turning you orange is very high.

How dark it is in the bottle, is NOT how it will turn out on your skin. For those fair skinned ladies out there like me, don't get scared! Two pumps on my legs, one pump on my arms, and one on my chest and neck while blending it out and rubbing it in gave me a very light and natural color. About 1 or 2 shades darker than my original skin color. Which is what I wanted. If you want a very dark color, you're going to need to apply more product, but not all at once. Do one coat and then once it dries, do another.

I will definitely repurchase again. Because honestly, who wants sunburns, sunspots, or even the chances of getting cancer when you can get a tan in a bottle?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Frenning

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This self-tan gives a natural color and is easy to apply. By far the best I've ever tried. Also, it doesn't have the same funky smell as most self-tans.

My only wish would be a better pump, since the product comes out liquidy with the first pump and only turns to mousse the second time you pump - I guess it just goes stale in the tube, but be ware as it can be pretty messy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Have been using this self tanner for about a year and a half now and it is the best self tanner for the legs and arms I have ever found. The color is very natural and stays on for several days. I bought a hand glove to apply it with because it does stain ones hands. It comes out in a foam like fashion and a little goes a long way. One bottle of this lasts me a couple of months with moderate use. Have tried it on my face and not liked it as much there - but for my legs and arms and even neck area, it is the best. Like al self tanners, however, you have to pay attention to how evenly it is put on and exfoliate well before doing so! A real winner!
Later Note: I have stopped using this tanner. Although it is still an effective self tanner I found that it just would not work on certain parts of my arms and feet, leaving me looking very odd. Since I stopped using it I have been going very pale and exfoliating/moisturizing a lot and I am fine with my pale, fair skin.