August 30, 2014 | 1593 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by missph34r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh, Hard Candy. Everything you make, I love and adore...

Except for this.

At first I was in love with this product and thought that it worked amazingly on my skin... until someone decided to take a picture of me. My face was BLANK WHITE (I'm on the darker side of fair) and I looked completely washed out. This was a disappointment to say the least. No other matte powder I've used has done this to me, and, sadly, this was another makeup faux pas that was shipped off to my younger cousin's house... never to be seen again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by KoKoBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Did anybody find that this product was very drying? After I put it on, I felt my skin tighten. But other than that, I think that this product does what its supposed to do, not to mention that the packeting is extremely cute. However, when compared to Dream Matte powder, I would say that for my skin, the Dream Matte powder works better. But, I would repurchase this product for the fact that hard Candy does NOT test on animals; Maybelline does in addition to it being an overall very good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is an amazing powder- this actually works betters then MAC's famous blot powder, and its half the price. My skin is combination, and even though I do use long lasting foundations and setting powders, I find after a few hours my nose gets oily. Every powder I have tried to blot with has left the oily parts on my face a cakey, bunched up mess. I figured I would try MAC's blot powder, and was really unhappy with the results. It moved my makeup around, changed colors and looked cakey. Recently, the Hard Candy line has made its way to Canada and when this came into Wal-Mart I purchased it straight away. Firstly the compact and sponge is the most adorable thing I have seen :) and I was anxious to try it. As soon as I got into my car, I took out my powder brush and dusted this on my T-zone (after a long day, I was already a little shiny on my nose)... this powder went on invisible, and mattified right away- leaving a gorgeous finish with no caking or bunching up. I have been using this for a week now and I'm exceedingly satisfied with this product. After applying my setting powder, I dust this over my T-zone with a Kabuki and my face stays mattified for hours. I will repurchase this when I run out, and I highly suggest this powder to anyone who had trouble with MAC's blot powder.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by crumpet71

Great product at a great price and easily available at WalMart. Packaging could be a little more secure, but it is acceptable. Good amount of product and it does what it says! I dust this on either under or over my powder foundation and either way it works well. In fact, I think it 'fills in' my slight forehead lines. It's also great to dust on your face for an afternoon touch up if you need it and it will create a fresh look that isn't cakey. I'm very fair but I do imagine that if someone has deeper toned skin this could produce a whiteish cast.

***The sponge is useless, as seems to be the case with most products that come with one. I use either a full brush or a powder puff.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I try to stay away from the glimmer products, but between my eye shadow, bronzer and blush, I glow like a glitter ball. It's hard to find a good mattifying and oil controlling powder that's affordable and this does both for about 8 bucks. It's sold at Wally World with the most glittering products I have seen in a single place all at once. Welcome Matte was hidden on the bottom shelf next to the other disco ball products. I would have never have known about it if it hadn't been for MUA. I use this as a finishing powder and it sets everything perfectly. It get's rid of all my excess shimmer and shine. It also lightens and highlights the perfect areas. I love this stuff and I will continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this stuff. It is REALLY light and I can see that making some not quite pale people looking a little silly. (I have olive skin, but I never tan, so I'm just light enough to squeak by).
    I don't use the little sponge. When those sponges get oily, they make the powder oily which breaks it down to uselessness.
    I wish very much that the mirror, which is cute, was in the lid, not under the powder. Its a pain in the ass to use, and the sponge keeps falling out because I don't use it.
    I have to reapply maybe four hours later, but otherwise, its pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ohhh, I wanted to love this... sad face! Speaking as someone whose skin can vary from combination to extremely oily, I find it mattifies the best when it's layered with other antishine products. In my experience, combining this with another antishine product will bring out the best in both products, and keep you shine free for much longer than either product would when used on its own. The major unfortunate drawback, though, is that this product just sucks all the life right out of your skin. I'm not sure if it's because the powder itself is so very light in colour, or because it is so dry in texture, or some combination thereof, but I look sickly whenever I use this. It leaves a noticeable whitish cast on my skin... and I'm NW20! I'd hate to think what this would look like on somebody with a darker skin tone. The packaging is cute, but flimsy. Mine has stopped clicking shut, so I worry about carrying it around with me (I don't want it to get dirty or shatter in my bag). All of that being said, this product sells for less than $10, so at least you're not risking much if you decide you want to experiment with it. EDIT: This is totally growing on me! I've found the best way to apply it (for me) is to press it into the skin with the included sponge, rather than sweeping it on with a brush. Afterward, if I notice any chalkiness, I'll go over it with a brush to remove any excess powder. I'm still not terribly pleased with the packaging, and it does take a bit of effort to make this work, but all things considered, it's a lot better than I had initially realized. Bumping lippies up from 2 to 4 and yes, I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by tigress511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very oily and so far this is the best setting powder I have used. I was using Palladio Rice Powder before this and it was ok. This product keeps me matte much longer. I still need to blot but I don't use as many blotting papers now. My only complaint is that the powder isn't really translucent. I am tan and it does leave a light white cast (when applied with a big fluffy brush). I have only been using it for one week so far but itís my go-to powder to set my liquid foundation. The price is also good. A little more than the rice powder I was using, but I canít complain about $8 at Wal-Mart. It seems to be a pretty large pan as well so I think it will last. As long as nothing crazy happens with my skin Iíll continue to use/purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by aquariusgirl1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this product the only thing i dont like is the packaging,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to pick this up, I love finding new pressed powders. This one did its job quite well, it kept my face shine free in 100 degree weather! However, it is absolutely imperative to pat this on with a very light hand, it is an extremely pale color that has more pigment to it than I would have hoped for. If you use the cute sponge it comes with, you'll look chalky. The packaging is adorable. I'll continue to use it, but will not repurchase. I've found that Cover Girl - Clean Oil Control works better and its $3 cheaper.