September 21, 2014 | 1805 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - 1,000 Lashes Fiberized Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by benfoldsfivealive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all the harsh reviews for this. I really, really like this mascara. The fibers can be an absolute pain, yes, but they do what they claim. I decided to make sure and use this more than a few times before I wrote a review so I could make sure I wasn't somehow biased, and I definitely wore this in all sorts of situations, including unbearably HOT, sweat-inducing weather. It held up nicely. The problems I've run into are: If you touch your eye at all, fibers will fall on your face. I haven't had any in my eye yet, but I have seen them on my cheeks and my eyelids. Also, this dries very quickly, so you have to work fast. You definitely have to work with it, so work in quick, sweeping motions at the tips of your lashes to get the fibers to cling on and lengthen. I've taken to applying my regular sephora mascara and then adding this on afterwards. Like I said before, I enjoy this mascara. It's $7! Give it a try! At the very least, it's fun to play with.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was horrible the fibers literaly fall into your eyes and are painful! I would go as far as to say it is harmful to your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

This is a great mascara.......
If you like fiberous shards falling off your lashes and brush, into your eye, making your eyeball in PAIN and a gorgeous shade of salmon! What a joke. Even if the fibers werent so painful because of straggling in the eye, every coat you put on takes off the existing fibers, so there is no way to build them and truly lengthen the lashes the way this claims. The packaging is also not attractive. Save your money. A total waste of 7$.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the white mascara primer.
This was total garbage. Now don't get me wrong, I love the HC line at Walmart (used to love the old line too) and this is one of the first things I've purchased that I've HATED. First try, it gave me NOTHING. I could see the fibers on the wand, but it was like they weren't going anywhere on my lashes. Second try, it took a billion swipes to get anything to show up and then my lashes still looked stumpy. Today I tried it and not only were my lashes stumpy, but spidery and clumpy too...and I know its not the mascara as it's a great one I've been using for awhile now. Sigh. My eye look is pretty crappy right before a bbq I have to go to, no time to fix it. Crappy crappy crappy primer. Even WnW has a better one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Chiquilla01

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought both the white primer and black mascara versions of this.. i am happy with the white primer, but not the black mascara.. the black mascara flaked like crazy, immediately after application.. fibers were everywhere.. it is too dry.. had it been a tad more on the wet side, there would be some serious potential for this.. the only way i would repurchase, if they fix the formula.. i did get better results from the white primer, so i recommend that one.. just steer clear of the colored fiber mascaras..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by msclaudia

Not at all dramatic. I got those thin wimpy spidery looking lashes that clumped together. Also the application took forever to get any noticeable effect. Not a fan. I much prefer l'oreal voluminous if I'm going with cheap mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jenjen80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first Hard Candy product I've purchased after they revamped their line and moved into Walmart that I haven't liked. Initially, when I applied this, I was pleasantly surprised at the results. It gives natural volume and a bit of length; it appeared to be a nice everyday (read: no major drama) mascara. However, upon first glance in the mirror after I got to work, it looked like I had several tiny lashes on my cheeks. Apparently the fibers don't stick to lashes very well, thereby rendering this pretty much useless. :-(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

....sigh.... A total waste of my money. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by shiaobundan

Was this product never tested on HUMANS? Wtf!!! I've used plenty of fiber mascaras (Imju, L'Oreal, Too-faced) and this was the scariest one ever.

First off, a fibrous mascara shouldn't look like fibers until its on your eyes/you're taking your makeup off. I could see the fiber pieces on the wand before application. I should have known better, but thought, "what the hell... it can't be that bad" and applied it to me eye. BIG MISTAKE.

It is PAINFUL. You literally get tons of little millimeter long fibers stuck in your eyes (mine got beneath my contacts)! This has never ever happened to me with other fiber or tubular mascaras. In addition, it did nothing to lengthen, curl or volumize. It looked like nothing on my lashes.

Also, I doubt that this is even a true fiber or tubular mascara, because those mascaras wash off in tubes and absolutely do not bleed when they get wet. My eyes started watering with the fibers in my eyes and I immediately had black tears streaking my face. As well, when I washed off the mascara I did NOT get little fibers or tubes in the sink as I do with other fiber mascaras. I got black run-off, which makes this mascara (at $6) equivalent to $3 Great Lash aka total crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Beauty11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is so wonderful. I already have super-long lashes and this just makes them extraordinary . I love how the effect is so natural for me. It looks like you have false lashes on without the work.

If you love long, Bambi lashes, at least give it a try, as it is so inexpensive. I have tried many high-end Sephora brands and this is better in my opinion. My new HG for sure! :)