December 21, 2014 | 1234 users online

Hair Treatments - Burt's Bees - avocado hair treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by adobeprincess

This product is really heavy and helps when spot cleaning the dog. You also know that it is natural so it is okay for them. I would imagine it is good for getting sticky stuff out of hair on kids.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Kjanowsky

I have tried lots of deep conditioning treatments, from high-end salon to drugstore varieties. This is one of the best I've used for my long, curly, color-treated and flatironed hair. Use only a LITTLE at a time, and use a comb in the shower as you work it through. Otherwise it glops up in places. If you take the time to work it through evenly, and leave it on for at least the recommended 15 minutes, it WILL wash out, and it WILL make a big difference for the overall condition of your hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupreview

Ahhh. . .Burt's Bee's Avacado Hair Treatment. I have had mixed results. The first time I used it I followed the directions perfectly (shampooing AFTER treatment) and it took about 10 days of washings to get the product out of my hair. Swore I would never use it again.
A year or so later a friend raved about it so I got brave and tried it again.
This time I LOVE it! I use between a nickel and a quarter sized amount for my shoulder length layered hair. I work it through my hair at the beginning of my shower. . .leave in for 10 minutes or so and then wash out ususally with Aveda Rosemary Mint or Biolage Energy Shampoo. Usually wash twice, running hands through sudsy hair to fully remove product.
Afterwords my hair is super shiny and full with lots of volume.
I use the Avacado Butter about 2-3X a week.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

Bought this at Whole Foods after looking around for a heavy duty hair conditioner there (definitely not the place). I have to say ... I will NEVER NEVER EVER buy another BB's product. I should have learned my lesson well before. This stuff is gross...it feels like you're putting vaseline in your hair and didn't make mine feel any better. Then I tried is as a styling product (it is recommended for this also) and was equally disgusted. Made my hair look dirty and gross. Sorry Burt's Bee's ... I love the idea of your stuff ... but I totally don't get how you have been so successful. If anyone want's it... let me know. I have a full tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by gwinni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This ain't your average, wimpy conditioning treatment. This stuff is heavy duty. Yes, it's thick and kind of difficult to work with, but the results are well worth it. Just follow the directions. This isn't used like most deep conditioning treatments. It's applied BEFORE you shampoo.

My hair is long, fine, color treated, and damaged. This hair treatment makes an enormous difference in the feel and texture of my hair. I think the shampoo you use to wash the avocado hair treatment out makes a big difference. Any shampoo from the Giovanni organic hair care line seems to work well with it. I have never used this to style my hair--can't comment on that. Deducted a point for the packaging. It's difficult to squeeze the product out of the tube after a couple applications.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this for free, so it doesn't really bother me if it doesn't live up to high standards. For one thing, it has a strong peach smell, and the texture is really thick. It works best if you leave it in overnight and wash it out in the morning though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my. This is probably THE most horrible product that I've ever tried. It felt like putting Vaseline on my hair. I don't think I've ever detested a product so much in my life. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mojorisin

if you dont use it BEFORE you shampoo you will not like it (duh) i used it on wet hair as the directions say,and left it on overnight(that was my idea)...shampooed next morning and i have soft,shiney great fresh smelling hair...i will definitley always have this on hand for a weekly treatment

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

Normally I loooooove Burts but this stuff was awful! It completely weighed my hair down and I NEVER have that problem (my hair is thick and it takes A LOT to weigh it) Dont try this unless u want limp dirty looking hair

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by LizM9

This is indeed a very strange product, but it's a great little multi-tasker. When I had long hair and lived in a humid climate I used to rub some between my palms (only a little) and smooth it over my hair before I left for the day, and it tamed frizzies and dead-ends, gave my hair a deep shine, and smelled wonderful. I would also do what another commenter said and work it into my hair and leave it all day (or night) and have super lustrous locks after I shampooed it out. But in the shower..? Hmm. It is really hard to spread when your hands and hair are wet, and I found I had to condition again after I rinsed it out because it left my fine hair incredibley tangled. I guess different hair types will react differently. But it is wonderful as a groom and leave-in conditioner.